The Mourinho Thread

You can already begin to see the effect Mourinho is having on the squad. So delighted he's back.

yes. It's amazing.

Collectively I can already see a few improvements. As usual in his teams you can often see the formation in the pitch. The difference in way they're moving to provide link ups and to cover defensively is impressive. The team looks pretty organized. When were pressed by Milan in the second half there was a moment when they shot (or tried to shoot) to the goal 4-5 times in the span of half a minute, but every time our backs were there and it was like a wall. Schwarzer didn't touch the ball once in this moment I'm talking about. We blocked all their attempts and we were so well posted.

Individually Ramires and Hazard are the most impressive imo. They changed considerably in their weaknesses imo and they're looking even more solid - especially if you take into account they're still somewhat sloppy because it's just pre-season (especially Hazard). And maybe I'm desperate and want to see something where it doesn't exist, but it seems to me Torres changed his attitude a bit. He seems much more interested and committed. He seems to be motivated by Mourinho's presence whereas before I was under the impression he didn't give a fuq...

FINAL WHISTLE VERDICT: FIVE OUT OF FIVE

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3337864

'Real Madrid is playing this competition in pre-season here because I organised it for them,' he smiled. 'I did it knowing I was not doing the pre-season with them. After that I did it with my new club and we knew it was very possible we would meet Real. They won their matches, we won ours and we are there.

:Goober:

Mourinho is such a troller! gotta love him

Jose is also one of the funniest men you will ever come across. For example when I scored my last goal for Real Madrid on the last day of the season, I ran over to celebrate with him and was expecting him to congratulate me when I hugged him. Instead he leaned over and said: ‘See you at pre-season training on July 8′. I found that so funny. I was expecting a pat on the back and thinking about my summer holidays and he surprised me with pre-season – that’s Jose for you.

From Essien's blog for the site http://blogs.chelseafc.com/?p=3268

"Where can I can fit all the players in? I hope to play 60 matches,'' he said in the Daily Star.

"So we will use a rotation of players that's for sure."

Moses has caught the eye with his performances in pre-season and Mourinho believes he is the type of player who can make a huge impact off the substitutes' bench.

"Victor has been terrific, working very hard," he said.

"In his position, we have Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne and Andre Schurrle, and with Victor, we can change during a match and give new life to the team."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8855488/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-hails-victor-moses-as-he-outlines-rotation-plans?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

even Moses has a significant improve under Mou. i know it's only pre season,,but looking every player working hard to impress their boss is incredible...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10224069/Spanish-playmaker-Juan-Mata-committed-to-Chelsea-after-talks-with-manager-Jose-Mourinho.html

Real Madrid are next up for Mourinho, on Wednesday, in the final of the Guinness International Cup in Miami, less than three months after his acrimonious departure from the Bernabéu.

Sunday night’s 2-0 win over AC Milan in New Jersey, thanks to goals from De Bruyne and Schürrle ensured the Portuguese’s youthful-looking side are continuing to impress here.

Mourinho said: “My first time as Chelsea manager the age range of the side was quite high and we had players that were in the best moments of their career.

"It was a side which was ready to attack, who only needed a few small improvements. We could attack the present and think less about the future.

“But this team is a very young team. We have lots of kids 21, 22, 23 who will get better every year.

"So I am not saying we don’t want to win now because that is the nature of our club and my own nature but the reality is my job is different because I have a lot of young guys who I am not only preparing for this year but for the future too.

"It’s a project and I am pleased to have this experience.”

I find what Mourinho said about Ronaldo is kinda fucked up.

He was his player so he should have shown more respect towards him.

And then Ronalda talking back, saying he don't spit from the same plate he eats.....

This is one aspect I don't like about Mourinho. But whatever, no one is perfect.

I find what Mourinho said about Ronaldo is kinda fucked up.

He was his player so he should have shown more respect towards him.

And then Ronalda talking back, saying he don't spit from the same plate he eats.....

This is one aspect I don't like about Mourinho. But whatever, no one is perfect.

just what i was thinking.

am I the only to think he didn't say it in a bad way? I've watched the interview - don't know if you had read or watched - and it was so clear he meant to clarify which Ronaldo he was talking about instead of jabbing Cris. Sometimes I feel like the press twist words and take things out of proportion. So when he says the real one I see it as a simple clarification about which Ronaldo he was talking.

now let's supposed his intention was ill... is the name (or word) Ronaldo some sort of special thing? Let's suppose he did really meant to say the brazilian Ronaldo is the real Ronaldo? How does that even make sense and supposing it does, what does one being the real Ronaldo add to their career or reputation? Yeah, exactly, nothing. So he wasn't belittling Cris or exalting Ronaldo, he was just clarifying which Ronaldo he meant. As if being a real Ronaldo or a wanna-be-Ronaldo makes any difference... also Ronaldo's name is Ronaldo, whereas Ronaldo is only Cris' middle name, so someone could even look at it this way, that the real Ronaldo is the one named Ronaldo, not the one with the middle name Ronaldo - but even that is stretching it imo... he just want to put them apart.

am I the only to think he didn't say it in a bad way? I've watched the interview - don't know if you had read or watched - and it was so clear he meant to clarify which Ronaldo he was talking about instead of jabbing Cris. Sometimes I feel like the press twist words and take things out of proportion. So when he says the real one I see it as a simple clarification about which Ronaldo he was talking.

now let's supposed his intention was ill... is the name (or word) Ronaldo some sort of special thing? Let's suppose he did really meant to say the brazilian Ronaldo is the real Ronaldo? How does that even make sense and supposing it does, what does one being the real Ronaldo add to their career or reputation? Yeah, exactly, nothing. So he wasn't belittling Cris or exalting Ronaldo, he was just clarifying which Ronaldo he meant. As if being a real Ronaldo or a wanna-be-Ronaldo makes any difference... also Ronaldo's name is Ronaldo, whereas Ronaldo is only Cris' middle name, so someone could even look at it this way, that the real Ronaldo is the one named Ronaldo, not the one with the middle name Ronaldo - but even that is stretching it imo... he just want to put them apart.

yeah i agree with you, i saw that interview too and he def didnt mean it like a jab, he just said "real" instead of "brazilian" and it almost seemed like he was going to retract or correct himself but didnt care for it as didnt seem like a big deal

that said, it's mourinho we're talking about, people hang off his dick after his interviews saying how he always gives world class answers so from that point of view maybe it wasnt just a slip but was in fact a jab

mourinho playing mind games on us even when he doesnt intend to lol

Yeah he may actually refer to him as Cristiano Ronaldo - I refer to him as the fake Ronaldo - The Real Ronaldo was Da Man!!!

Edited by robdog