The Mourinho Thread

Although we haven't kicked a competitive ball yet, Jose has reminded me why he is the best in the world.

Most manager's would have probably gone along with loaning KDB back out, Jose said no and brought him back in, most manager's would have just said yes to MVG's loan request, Jose said no.

He just always seem's to be that step ahead.

Or maybe it's because of the financial FFP constraints that has led to Mourinho integrating them into his plans and build a team from there right away rather than loaning them out. He, after all, has touched on this issue a few times already and I'm sure if it wasn't for the constraints, he would have probably loaned 2-3 out and get in the more experienced players.

Or maybe it's because of the financial FFP constraints that has led to Mourinho integrating them into his plans and build a team from there right away rather than loaning them out. He, after all, has touched on this issue a few times already and I'm sure if it wasn't for the constraints, he would have probably loaned 2-3 out and get in the more experienced players.

Well this supposed FFP constraint is hardly stopping City spunking £100m, so considering we turned over an (all be it small) profit last year, i hardly think we would have any problem doing the same if need be.

Well this supposed FFP constraint is hardly stopping City spunking £100m, so considering we turned over an (all be it small) profit last year, i hardly think we would have any problem doing the same if need be.

city dint spend anything in the last transfer window. their total spending for the last year was about 13 mil (they sold johnson(12m), balo (20m), de jong(3m)etc). this year so far they have done a business of 72mil. grand total for the past 2 years is about 85mil.

we on the other hand spent 65mil last year, and 23 mil this year. which makes our grand total to 88mil.

also we are yet to finish our business in transfer market (i would say, we would buy rooney for 30mil and sell BA for 10, so thats 20mil more) where as city seems to have gathered a good squad which i seriously doubt they ll be changing anymore.

so we do have a lot of problems when it comes to FFP. we had earned that small profit only because we won the CL in 2011-12. the fact that we were playing post-season friendlies after a season of almost 70 matches should tell you how desperately short we would be when it comes to FFP. also the out of the blue roma friendly.

Jose Mourinho pledges his support to help England succeed at World Cup 2014

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10196540/Jose-Mourinho-pledges-his-support-to-help-England-succeed-at-World-Cup-2014.html

Mourinho said: “I want to help. I want to support them.

“I will prepare players in a good way.

“I’ll prepare them well, motivate them well to have a good season — and let them arrive in the last part of the season in great condition.”

He added: “I’ll make them an option for the national team — and make them an option for the national manager. I will do with my English players everything I can to support them.

“And I will be very happy if England and my English players can succeed. So, yes, I will try to help my English players.

“All managers have to think about trying to support them.”

Is this another way to attract Rooney even more? :D

Those "we'll defenetly wont sell/buy anyone" comments in mid-July are realy getting annoying. Especially if he means it.

Doubt it...well hope so lol.Usually its a good comment as means we can get on with things quietly rather then being linked with every single player he says he likes

Still crazy he's back.Least with Moyles being new to Man U less focus on anytime a result goes wrong etc and the stupid headlines that tend to come with.

I think this is less about FFP but more of our club looking to break even as planned years before FFP came in. Every better accountant can fuck FFP over. If we wanted immediate success like City or like we did 9 years ago, we would have no problems splashing cash.

But I hate it we are not in for more. Instead of this van ginkel signing when we got Josh, Chalobah who are arguably not that much behind MvG from our own youth behind Lamps and Ramires we should really look for that De-Rossi signing or something similar who really can make an impact and brings in experience. Even if MvG as an goalscoring B2Bmidfielder shall be Lamps replacement. We do not even got a proper place for Lampard in our formation so how shall MvG fit in there??? Both, Essien and Mikel are not good enough for the holding role in a double pivot, both ahve seen better times, both are better in a 4-3-3 and both are simply not the quality we fuckin need there.

And instead of just spending some odd 15m for a classy DM, which will not harm us financially at all, we fuck a round with a blockbuster 30m+ 220k a week Rooney signing. I mean wtf? With de Rossi or Luiz Gustavo our squad would be complete. BAyern won the triple last year with bloody Mario Mandzukic as striker. Ok, no one would win the EPL with Mario mandzukic, but Lukaku scored just as many league goals in less games than the Bayern striker. Even fuckin Torres scored more goals than him...I think if you had Lukaku, Ba, Torres in the Bundesliga they would outscore Gomez, Pizarro, Mandzukic.

So my point is. Attacking wise we are much better off than in terms of DM tho 15m there and we are fine. 30m for a striker and we still have a weak DP. Some games last season, many games actually were lost because we had no one up front to finish our chances. But remember those 2-2 draws vs S'hampton and Reading? We were shit in these games and did not have many chances, still Ba and Lamps were clinical enough to secure 2 goal leads. Afterwards we simply got overrun and got unlucky. With a fuckin decent DM this would never happen. Remember us being stuffed by ManCity? We weren't wasteful, we did not even had real chances cos we got overrun in midfield. Last year we only got an inconsistent Torres and an inconsistent Ba. To the end of the season Torres looked at-least a half-decent player (kinda Kalou like), Ba will surely find his feet sometime and Lukaku is promising, so we already have massively improved there. In DM we are just as shit as last year with the difference being we got another average player on outrageous wages who is just not suited for that role + Lamps is a year older. So, all in all, exactrly 0 players suited for the DP.

My thoughts exactly, great post mate. :clap:

I think this is less about FFP but more of our club looking to break even as planned years before FFP came in. Every better accountant can fuck FFP over. If we wanted immediate success like City or like we did 9 years ago, we would have no problems splashing cash.

But I hate it we are not in for more. Instead of this van ginkel signing when we got Josh, Chalobah who are arguably not that much behind MvG from our own youth behind Lamps and Ramires we should really look for that De-Rossi signing or something similar who really can make an impact and brings in experience. Even if MvG as an goalscoring B2Bmidfielder shall be Lamps replacement. We do not even got a proper place for Lampard in our formation so how shall MvG fit in there??? Both, Essien and Mikel are not good enough for the holding role in a double pivot, both ahve seen better times, both are better in a 4-3-3 and both are simply not the quality we fuckin need there.

And instead of just spending some odd 15m for a classy DM, which will not harm us financially at all, we fuck a round with a blockbuster 30m+ 220k a week Rooney signing. I mean wtf? With de Rossi or Luiz Gustavo our squad would be complete. BAyern won the triple last year with bloody Mario Mandzukic as striker. Ok, no one would win the EPL with Mario mandzukic, but Lukaku scored just as many league goals in less games than the Bayern striker. Even fuckin Torres scored more goals than him...I think if you had Lukaku, Ba, Torres in the Bundesliga they would outscore Gomez, Pizarro, Mandzukic.

So my point is. Attacking wise we are much better off than in terms of DM tho 15m there and we are fine. 30m for a striker and we still have a weak DP. Some games last season, many games actually were lost because we had no one up front to finish our chances. But remember those 2-2 draws vs S'hampton and Reading? We were shit in these games and did not have many chances, still Ba and Lamps were clinical enough to secure 2 goal leads. Afterwards we simply got overrun and got unlucky. With a fuckin decent DM this would never happen. Remember us being stuffed by ManCity? We weren't wasteful, we did not even had real chances cos we got overrun in midfield. Last year we only got an inconsistent Torres and an inconsistent Ba. To the end of the season Torres looked at-least a half-decent player (kinda Kalou like), Ba will surely find his feet sometime and Lukaku is promising, so we already have massively improved there. In DM we are just as shit as last year with the difference being we got another average player on outrageous wages who is just not suited for that role + Lamps is a year older. So, all in all, exactrly 0 players suited for the DP.

nice post.

agree with a lot of things that you said. our board definitely has gone a little overboard in its signing of "youth players" rather even TRY to promote one or 2.

DDR would definitely have made us an PL winner, (i have big reservations about gustavo) and you have to wonder if buying mvg for 8mil and stuffing the midfield (we already had rambo, essien, mikel, lamps) was a wise decision.

but i have to differ with you on one thing. the rooney signing. i feel its a brilliant move by the club. if you compare the players of our club with bayern's , i feel at this moment they beat us in a player to player comparision for almost every player, except for probably mata, hazard and arguably cech. they definitely have a better defence and defenders. they probably have the best pivot partnership in the world, and a trio of ribery-kroos/muller-robben would be equal to or better than MAZACAR. so my point is we DO need an X-factor. someone who can change the match on its head in a bloody moment. some1 DD-ish and rooney does fit the bill. i seriously doubt if lukaku-ba-torres would be a match winner in a semi-final against bayern/barca/real.

i feel the problem here is not rooney but torres (everything bad comes down to that guy). the torres has signing screwed us at so many different levels that its hard to explain. the fans are scared of any big-money striker signing and we cringe even at the mention of it.

ps - dont insult mandzukic by comparing the guy to torres. he had 33 starts + 6 sub appearances for his 21 goals compared to torres who had 51 starts + 13 sub appearances for his 22 goals.

nice post.

agree with a lot of things that you said. our board definitely has gone a little overboard in its signing of "youth players" rather even TRY to promote one or 2.

DDR would definitely have made us an PL winner, (i have big reservations about gustavo) and you have to wonder if buying mvg for 8mil and stuffing the midfield (we already had rambo, essien, mikel, lamps) was a wise decision.

but i have to differ with you on one thing. the rooney signing. i feel its a brilliant move by the club. if you compare the players of our club with bayern's , i feel at this moment they beat us in a player to player comparision for almost every player, except for probably mata, hazard and arguably cech. they definitely have a better defence and defenders. they probably have the best pivot partnership in the world, and a trio of ribery-kroos/muller-robben would be equal to or better than MAZACAR. so my point is we DO need an X-factor. someone who can change the match on its head in a bloody moment. some1 DD-ish and rooney does fit the bill. i seriously doubt if lukaku-ba-torres would be a match winner in a semi-final against bayern/barca/real.

i feel the problem here is not rooney but torres (everything bad comes down to that guy). the torres has signing screwed us at so many different levels that its hard to explain. the fans are scared of any big-money striker signing and we cringe even at the mention of it.

ps - dont insult mandzukic by comparing the guy to torres. he had 33 starts + 6 sub appearances for his 21 goals compared to torres who had 51 starts + 13 sub appearances for his 22 goals.

I did not say, Rooney would be a bad buy, but he surely should not be our first priority signing nor our only target.

Also in palyer per player i think it is more even. I think Mata is as good asMüller, Hazard is as good as Ribery, Cech is waaaaaaaaay better than Neuer, who is really overrated, Oscar is as good as Kroos, A.Cole is better than Alaba and I think Ivanovic-Luiz partnership is as good as Boateng-Dante. Of course their DP is very good, but also Martinez would get overrun in a faster league. People tend to overrate Bayern's players because of their success. But other than past CL winners, who often relied on few outstanding players, Bayern strenght is they got such a high density of high-quality players that fit their system, their style and their tactics perfectly. Individually, I rate Real, Barca and ManCitys squads way higher than Bayerns, but Bayern simply had the much superior tactics and better spirit.

That is also why I look forward to having a top coach like Jose again. he really can show what he is all about, when there is less money but more potential for development and his personal note. He won the CL with Porto and Inter by completely outfoxing his opponents tactically. which is what heynckes did last season. i hope Mou can repeat it here.

I did not say, Rooney would be a bad buy, but he surely should not be our first priority signing nor our only target.

Also in palyer per player i think it is more even. I think Mata is as good asMüller, Hazard is as good as Ribery, Cech is waaaaaaaaay better than Neuer, who is really overrated, Oscar is as good as Kroos, A.Cole is better than Alaba and I think Ivanovic-Luiz partnership is as good as Boateng-Dante. Of course their DP is very good, but also Martinez would get overrun in a faster league. People tend to overrate Bayern's players because of their success. But other than past CL winners, who often relied on few outstanding players, Bayern strenght is they got such a high density of high-quality players that fit their system, their style and their tactics perfectly. Individually, I rate Real, Barca and ManCitys squads way higher than Bayerns, but Bayern simply had the much superior tactics and better spirit.

oscar<kroos but oscar's potential>>>> kroos' potential.

cole has lost a bit of his pace plus alaba gives a lot more to a team in attack.

also even though the dante-badstubber partnership is yet to come true but one can imagine bayern conceding even lesser amount of goals than last season.

That is also why I look forward to having a top coach like Jose again. he really can show what he is all about, when there is less money but more potential for development and his personal note. He won the CL with Porto and Inter by completely outfoxing his opponents tactically. which is what heynckes did last season. i hope Mou can repeat it here.

perfect.

Just watched a documentary of Mourinho Madrid.

Very interesting to see.

Two things that stand out for me after watching that and that I agree with the speakers was:

1. First time ever for Mourinho in not having a unit cohesion of a team. Done it at Porto, Chelsea and Inter. But could not form that in Real Madrid.

and

2. That in all the teams that Mourinho left, it is hard for them to get back up. Takes some time.