The Mourinho Thread

Can't wait for the first training session. Imagine if you're the young player and knowing that Jose is the new manager, very excited.

Just a shame that he probably won't have the full squad to work with from the start of pre-season with some of the players likely to be given some weeks off after their respective participating at the Confederations Cup.

Just a shame that he probably won't have the full squad to work with from the start of pre-season with some of the players likely to be given some weeks off after their respective participating at the Confederations Cup.

Damn, for a moment I forgot about that. First training session without Luiz, Oscar, Azpi, Mata, Torres. :ph34r:

Confederations Cup :rant:

Its not, its purely Essien's personality that is talking, because in Africa we call the superior like everywhere in the world.I think however, that the huge influence José had on Essien since 2005 and when they visited Ghana together and what happened after made them having a strong relationship and we all know Micheal is such a fantastic and humble player so he shows his total respect for his friend and boss in the same time.

I definitely remember I read it somewhere (about showing respect by calling a person "father" in some parts of Africa). Kofi Annan, who also comes from Ghana, is called a "father" there.

There is an interesting piece on Essien's background (from 2006), that might also explain why he became so attached to Jose.

The Tragic Secret that drives Chelsea's £25m star on to glory

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/artikel.php?ID=104964

A random question, can Mou speak French? It would be a huge bonus for all our Belgium players I think. At the moment only Ba is native French speaker besides all the Belgiums.

Yes he speaks French but not like his English, but he'll be understood

The guy has aged like crazy in the last 10 years... Managing the sides he's managed ain't easy though.

More then half of it came just for 3 years at Madrid :D

As he is a Chelsea fan also, good part of it came from watching Torres play for us ^_^

Wooo and the decison and appointment made in June!Nice and early!Looking forward to next season now :D just hope it works out but just because Daglish didnt work out doesnt mean anything.He went a bit crazy towards the end and dug himself into a corner with the Suraez shit anyway

Yes he speaks French but not like his English, but he'll be understood

Curious, how do you know?

Cheers, very good to know. Hazard will benefit from this tremendously, hopefully.

And this makes me ask, is Benitez a French speaker?