The Mourinho Thread

Essien will almost definitely be a Chelsea player this coming season, as a RB and general Utility player. I think he is still very useful.

Come to think of Essien, I just realized he seems less motivated when playing for other manager. It is different if he play for Jose.

I feel very lucky.

Being a johnny-come-lately I only became a Chelsea supporter in 2010 so I missed out on the Mourinho era.

I always regretted not becoming a football fan earlier so I could've experienced what it was like to have Jose Mourinho as the manager of my team.

Well now I've been granted a second chance!

And I'm sure someone's mentioned this but funny how things work out: If Di Matteo was sacked at the end of the season and Mourinho took his place it'd be a little bittersweet, but since Benitez replaced Di Matteo then Mourinho replaced Benitez we've gotten all the bad feelings over Robbie's sacking out of the way early so now we can experience nothing but pure joy.

I believe it's normal in some parts of Africa to address people who are important to you as "father". So it's out of respect. I'm not saying people don't find it weird, just that it might be a cultural thing.

Its not, its purely Essien's personality that is talking, because in Africa we call the superior like everywhere in the world.I think however, that the huge influence José had on Essien since 2005 and when they visited Ghana together and what happened after made them having a strong relationship and we all know Micheal is such a fantastic and humble player so he shows his total respect for his friend and boss in the same time.