The Mourinho Thread

it was the right deicison. we was playing awful and he had stress with JT as I remember and other players of the squad. hell, we did even loose to rosenborg in the CL. think if you would look a few years back ago, most of the people did want him to go at chelsea, because we were playing awful, not getting results and were clearly on the downhill. but some people now are just blind because of emotions...

Nope.

It was a mind bending decision by the board and down to club ownership naivety, that.. and Roman's broken down relationship with Jose'. Which clearly effected things on the pitch (not enough waitrose eggs were purchased). All in all though, you are going to have 'dips in form' at some point in the season, Jose' could have revived the campaign like Grant Steve Clark did. The sacking itself was shocking (worst moment as a football fan, worse than moscow), fans were crying and protesting outside stamford bridge, The JT fall out was fabricated and he himself denies any rift.

Nope.

It was a mind bending decision by the board and down to club ownership naivety, that.. and Roman's broken down relationship with Jose'. Which clearly effected things on the pitch (not enough waitrose eggs were purchased). All in all though, you are going to have 'dips in form' at some point in the season, Jose' could have revived the campaign like Grant Steve Clark did. The sacking itself was shocking (worst moment as a football fan, worse than moscow), fans were crying and protesting outside stamford bridge, The JT fall out was fabricated and he himself denies any rift.

it didnt seem fabricated at his last match. mou was very cold with terry etc.

"could have"- yeah but also the opposite could've happened. it didnt look like he could turn it around anymore. he lost control over the squad and we were on a complete downhill. I think it was the right decision to sack him.

it didnt seem fabricated at his last match. mou was very cold with terry etc.

"could have"- yeah but also the opposite could've happened. it didnt look like he could turn it around anymore. he lost control over the squad and we were on a complete downhill. I think it was the right decision to sack him.

Downhill?, lmao.. hardly, it was still early enough in the season and only a very naive owner with no long term project (which Roman proved himself to be through that saga) would sack a manager of Jose's calibre like he did. Or 'treat' a manager the way he did, i.e.. Grants appointment, certain signings forced upon him etc. Only Chelsea fans with extremely short-term mentalities thought the decision was the right one. That's why everyone was in shock, fans protesting outside the bridge etc, still pining for him ever since.

If Jose' returns this summer, all will be forgiven though, in regards to Roman.

Downhill?, lmao.. hardly, it was still early enough in the season and only a very naive owner with no long term project (which Roman proved himself to be through that saga) would sack a manager of Jose's calibre like he did. Or 'treat' a manager the way he did, i.e.. Grants appointment, certain signings forced upon him etc. Only Chelsea fans with extremely short-term mentalities thought the decision was the right one. That's why everyone was in shock, fans protesting outside the bridge etc, still pining for him ever since.

The question remains, if it came down to it, will Roman sack him again? or give him more time on this occasion?

This guy is a beast.

Wouldhaveabeerwith/10

The question remains, if it came down to it, will Roman sack him again? or give him more time on this occasion?

Re-appointing Jose' would certainly suggest so.

Roman has different 'advisers' around him now, the Kenyon era is long gone. I think the club actually 'did' see AVB as long term managerial material, he just made it nigh on impossible for them to remain patient with him.

the problem I see is now: roman wants flashy football. dont know if mourinho can deliver this sort of football to him. if we will sign him, he will get time, if not a disaster happens (missing CL)

219 pages of debating on whether Mourinho coming back is good/bad/true/false. The ones who are against it are obviously those who weren't here from the years of 2003-2007. If they were, they would know how much he did for our club.

On a global scale, he made us giants! The blue revolution was as much to do with him as it was to do with Roman. It happened so fast i couldn't keep up. I remember being one of the only blokes in my country that owned a Chelsea jersey. A year later, you could see them everywhere. We were massive! But it wasn't just the winning, it was the way he treated the players, staff and fans. He was an absolute gentleman. I'll never forget how he use to shoulder the blame when our players would slip-up. Always protecting them from the press. He was like a father. Fuck i miss him!

For those that are against it, i say, get back to me this time next year.

I'm so sure of his success that i will delete my account if we don't win the league.

Re-appointing Jose' would certainly suggest so.

Roman has different 'advisers' around him now, the Kenyon era is long gone. I think the club actually 'did' see AVB as long term managerial material, he just made it nion impossible for them to remain patient with him.

But is it also the case of will Jose stay here for long.

At heart Jose does seem to have conflict written in his blood. In 3 of his jobs as manager (Benfica, Chelsea and now Real Madrid) he has left because, at least in part, tensions and fissures started to from between him and the board. If its correct from reports he won't get full control of everything football related like transfers. I can't see it any other way then that sooner or later he will start getting into conflict with the hierarchy and eventually have to leave like last time because his relationship with the board and other members of the club become too tense to work properly.

No manager can have complete control of transfers in todays game ,he can have a say but recruitment must be with the consultation of the network of scouts and Director of football ,what Jose should have is complete control over team selection and tactics. A manager spends most of his time thinking about his team,the opposition and the tactics for each match he cant possibly be watching a player in South America .

The last time Jose was here he was not totally blameless for his departure ,he got a bit to big for his boots and Abramovich failed to see that it was all part of his character and what drove us as a club ,this time Abramovich and Mourinho need to have learned from experience and I think they have ,this shoudl lead to Jose staying for a while longer and the club benefiting from a period of stability and more success.

We really wont know what will happen untill it happens. He's a great manager and he's given us many great memories. If he guides us to more silverware then who can complain, if not he was a legend before and i cant see that changing unless he sold our whole team to manure haha!

219 pages of debating on whether Mourinho coming back is good/bad/true/false. The ones who are against it are obviously those who weren't here from the years of 2003-2007. If they were, they would know how much he did for our club.

On a global scale, he made us giants! The blue revolution was as much to do with him as it was to do with Roman. It happened so fast i couldn't keep up. I remember being one of the only blokes in my country that owned a Chelsea jersey. A year later, you could see them everywhere. We were massive! But it wasn't just the winning, it was the way he treated the players, staff and fans. He was an absolute gentleman. I'll never forget how he use to shoulder the blame when our players would slip-up. Always protecting them from the press. He was like a father. Fuck i miss him!

For those that are against it, i say, get back to me this time next year.

I'm so sure of his success that i will delete my account if we don't win the league.

What a patronizing and arrogant assumption. And what about the likes of Ranieri and even as far back as Gullit who set up the foundations to get us into playing in the Champions league which help get us bought by Roman. Remember a huge part of the core that were part of the back to back title winning side (Lampard, Terry, Makelele, Gudjohnsen, Duff, Gallas, Joe Cole etc) were put together and reigned in by Ranieri. Even as far back as Gullit and Vialli, we were winning cups both domestically and in Europe. There was so much more that happened that made us into what we were in.

As with what Toronto said, he is a good manager but he will benefit again massively by inheriting a good side and having huge transfer funds to work with. It's the huge ego I will not be looking forward to and the certain conflicts he will get into with everyone including the club itself.

But is it also the case of will Jose stay here for long.

At heart Jose does seem to have conflict written in his blood. In 3 of his jobs as manager (Benfica, Chelsea and now Real Madrid) he has left because, at least in part, tensions and fissures started to from between him and the board. If its correct from reports he won't get full control of everything football related like transfers. I can't see it any other way then that sooner or later he will start getting into conflict with the hierarchy and eventually have to leave like last time because his relationship with the board and other members of the club become too tense to work properly.

I'd imagine prior to re-appointing him, that the board would 'asses' what went wrong, what went right and why it went sour during his previous stint. Devise an improved working relationship, and work out the best way to go forward.

As with what Toronto said, he is a good manager but he will benefit again massively by inheriting a good side and having huge transfer funds to work with. It's the huge ego I will not be looking forward to and the certain conflicts he will get into with everyone including the club itself.

Well, he certainly won't be inheriting a better squad this time around, bar a few.

What a patronizing and arrogant assumption. And what about the likes of Ranieri and even as far back as Gullit who set up the foundations to get us into playing in the Champions league which help get us bought by Roman. Remember a huge part of the core that were part of the back to back title winning side (Lampard, Terry, Makelele, Gudjohnsen, Duff, Gallas, Joe Cole etc) were put together and reigned in by Ranieri. Even as far back as Gullit and Vialli, we were winning cups both domestically and in Europe. There was so much more that happened that made us into what we were in.

I agree with some of this, but some i don't. I have so much love for the likes of Ranieri, Gullit and co, they were the reason i originally fell in love with the club. Sure we had a large number of players before either Roman or Jose came along, but were they performing as well as they did under Jose? I remember Joe Cole going from a good English player to one of the most dangerous players in the world. As good as these players were, Jose made them even better. He knew how to bring out that "invincible feeling" within the team. For his first two seasons, i couldn't see anybody beating us.

He also was the reason we signed Didier.. without him.. well you know.

Unlike Mancini, whom everybody is comparing him with, Jose kept the core of the English players and molded the team and style around them. He didn't just sack the entire team and replace them with European mercenaries.