The Mourinho Thread

I'd imagine prior to re-appointing him, that the board would 'asses' what went wrong, what went right and why it went sour during his previous stint. Devise an improved working relationship, and work out the best way to go forward.

I clearly remember Mourinho having problems with the technical director back then which was avram grant.

This time the technical director is emanolo and he has been doing good.

If Mourinho gets in problem again with the tc then he indeed is a lunatic.

I hope he learned his lesson as well cause after being to different league he knows there is no better place for him then Chelsea.

He needs to be a bit more diplomatic this time around with the board.

As some members have been saying here lately, Mourinho now needs Chelsea more then Chelsea need him.

We can do good without him. Heck look how we did with Benitez out of all people this season.

Chelsea has move on, and is clear Mourinho has not.

So he wants to comeback he will also have to be a bit more cool minded this time around.

It's the huge ego I will not be looking forward to and the certain conflicts he will get into with everyone including the club itself.

What? Benitez is staying?

Seriously though. I personally don't understand all the worries around here. He's not even a Chelsea manager yet and some people already know how horribly wrong it will go. And conflicts are a normal part of life. I'd be more worried if the manager didn't fight for what he believes is important.

Some managers have a "huge ego" and carry it with grace. Others just update their CV.

For those using his real Madrid stint as a thing to worry you should know that even guus had a bad time in Spain.

For Mourinho, the only thing he has to do to stay a long time at Chelsea this time around, is to be a bit more diplomatic with the board then before.

Get a long with emanolo who has been doing a fantastic job signing top young players.

And then it should not be as bad.

Of course there will be some problems here and there like any marriage, but if they can get along and work together it will help them come a long way.

Jose Mourinho will leave Real Madrid for Chelsea on the 30th of June [Marca].

Mourinho could leave Real Madrid at any moment and go straight to Chelsea and their post-season tour [AS].

How amazing would it be if the latter happened? This post-season tour wouldn't be such a dull event after all if it was Mourinho in charge of the team. :o

Personally I don't think it will happen though, sometime in June more likely.

But is it also the case of will Jose stay here for long.

At heart Jose does seem to have conflict written in his blood. In 3 of his jobs as manager (Benfica, Chelsea and now Real Madrid) he has left because, at least in part, tensions and fissures started to from between him and the board. If its correct from reports he won't get full control of everything football related like transfers. I can't see it any other way then that sooner or later he will start getting into conflict with the hierarchy and eventually have to leave like last time because his relationship with the board and other members of the club become too tense to work properly.

I don't think it's fair to bring in his time with Benfica, he left because their club president lost an election and the new one wanted another manager, the new president even later admitted that he was in the wrong... But yes, he is a very strong personality and Chelsea needs to be able to handle that.

Remember a huge part of the core that were part of the back to back title winning side (Lampard, Terry, Makelele, Gudjohnsen, Duff, Gallas, Joe Cole etc) were put together and reigned in by Ranieri.

If were going to play that game the form of Hasselbaink, Gudjohnsen and Cudicini was what saved us from a mid table finish in Ranieri's first season (and the Italian an almost certain sack.

3 guesses how many of those 3 he signed?

If were going to play that game the form of Hasselbaink, Gudjohnsen and Cudicini was what saved us from a mid table finish in Ranieri's first season (and the Italian an almost certain sack.

3 guesses how many of those 3 he signed?

But you are basically supporting my point that where we are is not down to simply Jose who did it all by himself, but through years and years of work done by numerous people all the way back to the days of Ruud Gullit.

Anyway, you can't discredit him for being the one who put Terry and Lampard, seen as two the most essential players for the club the last decade, as cornerstones in the team

Some members here dont understand José.Some only of course, others mainly do.

When you have a manager that does this:

eye-poke.jpg

Of course they don't understand him.

For me he is a top coach, and he will be back. But he can't come back doing the same shit that he did in Real Madrid. If he don't learn from his fiasco he will also have to leave after a couple of seasons.

I want him to stay for 6 to 10 years, so I hope he cools down a bit with his shenanigans.

When you have a manager that does this:

eye-poke.jpg

Of course they don't understand him.

For me he is a top coach, and he will be back. But he can't come back doing the same shit that he did in Real Madrid. If he don't learn from his fiasco he will also have to leave after a couple of seasons.

I want him to stay for 6 to 10 years, so I hope he cools down a bit with his shenanigans.

He is certainly a human, but also a fantastic person, and by the way, he have absolutely no problem with Tito Vilanova, he was certainly in the heat of the moment wrong but he is human.He said sorry, end of stroy.