The Mourinho Thread

Not belittling the Europa League

You're talking about Europa League as a competition, I am talking about the opposition Chelsea have faced this season in the competition.Surely you can't be saying Steaua, Sparta etc are comparable to Werder, Porto, Barca that Jose faced in CL

Fair enough, but the main thing is we won them. Your original post structured in a way you could read out that the competition was meaningless, no word about the opposition being weak.

Not belittling the Europa League

You're talking about Europa League as a competition, I am talking about the opposition Chelsea have faced this season in the competition.Surely you can't be saying Steaua, Sparta etc are comparable to Werder, Porto, Barca that Jose faced in CL

If Benitez win those games, people will say "Oh. It's only the Europa League. All small and easy teams to beat. No tough teams.". Lose those games, people will slam him for not beating these supposed lesser teams. :doh:

Anyway, forget the same number of wins Mourinho and Benitez have there. The big difference in the amount of defeats there is enough to say who is better given the oppositions faced by both in that run of matches.

And as I said, I'm not even sure why are people reading so much into what Benitez said there. He's just like jumping into the bandwagon and say what the media has said in recent weeks and not adding anything new. Yet, people get all so excited as if he has confirmed Mourinho is returning.

I don't read anything into it at all and I'm not excited one bit. Actually quite the opposite.

But since when do current managers talk about future managers?

And that means what?

The main man continues to be Roman, right?

No Roman cash, no top players?

Plus, no manager is good enough all the time. They are like players, they have their best moment, downturn and such.

People expect that Mourinho will do the miraculous again. It can, or it cannot be done, only time will tell.

But in this point of time, Chelsea is a far bigger brand then it was when Roman first came.

Now we can attract top upcoming players, like Hazard and Oscar. Before it was not like that.

Also Chelsea is clearly going under a new model, a more flair type of football.

And for this type of football, you need a coach that has the same philosophy.

For years, Chelsea had the Mourinho philosophy. A very big and aggressive team.

Now the club has changed that in that last 2 years with a smaller team that plays expansive football.

So ask yourself, if the owner and the club are pursuing this, then who will be the right man to deliver this style they want?

Think hard before you come to the conclusion.

And last, yes Mourinho did great, but he is also a Prima Donna. Cares more about himself, his image and all about him then anything else.

9 time out of 10, the things he said is just pure BS to mess with your minds.

I think a lot of people know this. This is typically Jose.

He does this thing to try to get his own way.

But as there is that saying, no one is bigger then the club.

So much written but....

Jose is this...& that, I read. Are you clairvoyant by any chance ?

Jose is so good he will adapt to any circumstances. New players will be bought soon, the nucleus of the team is there & very talented, I might add.

Jose on board will be nothing but a great benefit for the club. Currently, there is no better than Jose, I feel.

Charismatic coach, stands behind & defends his team vociferously, I like that.

If Benitez win those games, people will say "Oh. It's only the Europa League. All small and easy teams to beat. No tough teams.". Lose those games, people will slam him for not beating these supposed lesser teams. :doh:

Anyway, forget the same number of wins Mourinho and Benitez have there. The big difference in the amount of defeats there is enough to say who is better given the oppositions faced by both in that run of matches.

isn't that the case with all small teams? Failure to win Reading/QPR is easily worse than failing to win Liverpool/Swansea

That's what we call hypocrites :)

lol what are you talking about? Before Roman came we were still playing Champions League football and under Ranieri we finished second (to an unbeaten Arsenal) and reached the semi finals of Champions League (which we could have won had it not been for that horror result in Monaco). Some of the players that became famous under Mourinho were Ranieri signings (Joe Cole, Makelele, Bridge), so don't credit all of our success to Mourinho, because we were headed in that direction before he came.

Jose won trophies, under Ranieri coming second, not good enough.

I don't read anything into it at all and I'm not excited one bit. Actually quite the opposite.

But since do current managers talk about future managers?

It happens sometimes. And Benitez didn't even say anything specifically about who's coming in. If you watch his press conference, Benitez basically just said a new manager will be here next season because he's leaving. He then just mentioned "I think everybody knows who will be here". When being asked whether it's Mourinho, he then replied "I just want to concentrate on my job now". That's it really.

isn't that the case with all small teams? Failure to win Reading/QPR is easily worse than failing to win Liverpool/Swansea

Yes but because it's Benitez, people seem to be getting on his case more. Even in Mourinho's last 44 games, we drew against the likes of Reading, Rosenborg, Fulham, Wycombe Wanderers etc.

It happens sometimes. And Benitez didn't even say anything specifically about who's coming in. If you watch his press conference, Benitez basically just said a new manager will be here next season because he's leaving. He then just mentioned "I think everybody knows who will be here". When being asked whether it's Mourinho, he then replied "I just want to concentrate on my job now". That's it really.

I forced myself to watch it (I don't watch interviews with Rafa on principal - ever. Because no matter what he says I hear "27 000 people"). Now I'm even more convinced than before. That's his typical way - drop an important "fact" and then repeat "I will concentrate on my next match" till people get tired of asking him the same question over and over again.

I'm certain the board won't be happy. It's the first time it's coming from a high Chelsea place and it's very, very different from the media spreading rumours about Ikea boxes. It goes against all unspoken rules.

Well, since everyone is talking about Jose, then I would assume it will be Jose.

But really, why would he know?

Would the board really go out to tell him, you will be replaced by Jose Mourinho? What do they gain from that?

I assume Benitez is only saying that because that is what everyone else is saying.

Could be wrong, then again-- we won't know either way till the deal is done.

Why would he know? Because he is in and around the club and leaving at the end of the season.....

Despite what people think the board will speak with on a regular basis and I am damn sure he knows who is coming as do the board. Today's comments are no skin off Rafa's nose, he's going, so the comments alone don't change a thing. What will the board do? Sack him? No I don't think so.

Rafa will no more than anyone what is going on, today just dots the i's and crosses the T's for me.

You see what you want, but him saying this is enough for me and far more credible than a link from the Daily Mail.