The Mourinho Thread

Not sure why are people getting all excited because of what Benitez said there in regards to who our next manager is. He's likely to be saying just them based on the signs and indications that the media have pointed about Mourinho returning WITHOUT any confirmation news/stories whatsoever. It's not like he has said it because of some background information he has.

He said that to you?

Rafael Benitez hints at Jose Mourinho return to Chelsea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22435003

Rafael Benítez: I am leaving Chelsea in the summer and everybody knows Jose Mourinho will take over

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10041540/Rafael-Benitez-I-am-leaving-Chelsea-in-the-summer-and-everybody-knows-Jose-Mourinho-will-take-over.html

Everyone knows who's taking over from me... interim boss Benitez appears to confirm Mourinho's Chelsea return

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2320685/Rafa-Benitez-confirms-Jose-Mourinho-return-Chelsea.html#ixzz2SbxlrfZO

RAFA: JOSE IS COMING BACK

RAFA BENITEZ has confirmed that Jose Mourinho will return to Chelsea this summer.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/313292

Don't think he ever said out Mourinho. Blatantly ripped form context with no actual facts so I wouldn't read much into it.

The board won't be happy

Maybe. Maybe not. Am just somewhat surprised he answered the question considering he has always avoided answering such questions when being asked previously.

He said that to you?

No but nothing Benitez said there suggests he has any background info and it's just basing his comments on all these Mourinho returning stories that have been running rife. Nothing more. People are just getting all excited because they are desperate for Mourinho to return (I'm hoping for it too) but we shouldn't read too much into this really. It doesn't even confirm what we want to know!

Maybe. Maybe not. Am just somewhat surprised he answered the question considering he has always avoided answering such questions when being asked previously.

No but nothing Benitez said there suggests he has any background info and it's just basing his comments on all these Mourinho returning stories that have been running rife. Nothing more. People are just getting all excited because they are desperate for Mourinho to return (I'm hoping for it too) but we shouldn't read too much into this really. It doesn't even confirm what we want to know!

In Rafa We Trust :Goober:

Maybe. Maybe not. Am just somewhat surprised he answered the question considering he has always avoided answering such questions when being asked.

I don't really get what he's trying to achieve here - be the messenger of good news? Get in there before Jose? Or does he just want to piss off the board on his way out?

I don't think it's Rafa's job to talk about our future manager. Guess it's his own agenda again.

Well to me he is saying the inevitable. We will get a new manager simple as that.

While also in the meantime, Benitez trying to throw out his card for a new team.

Cause let's face it, Benitez has done an ok job at Chelsea. That should merit him some respect in some parts of these areas.

He may easily find himself with a new job very soon......my only question is weather it will be at the place I think can happen.....City.

I don't really get what he's trying to achieve here - be the messenger of good news? Get in there before Jose? Or does he just want to piss off the board on his way out?

Or maybe he's just trying to deflect the attention from tomorrow's massive game and reduce the pressure on the players. Now, everyone is talking about Mourinho returning, again.

Meaningless Europa League games that have gotten us to the final against Benfica. We are eager to win it so I can't really see much sense in your post.

Not belittling the Europa League

You're talking about Europa League as a competition, I am talking about the opposition Chelsea have faced this season in the competition.Surely you can't be saying Steaua, Sparta etc are comparable to Werder, Porto, Barca that Jose faced in CL

You're giving him too much credit. He ain't that complicated :-)

Giving him credit? No. He's a manager after all and doing things like that are common for every manager.

And as I said, I'm not even sure why are people reading so much into what Benitez said there. He's just like jumping into the bandwagon and say what the media has said in recent weeks and not adding anything new. Yet, people get all so excited as if he has confirmed Mourinho is returning.

May I point out. Jose was very successful at Chelsea. If you had followed Chelsea before his time, the club was hovering in the middle of PL standings, then. Roman came on board invested millions Jose won titles. Just Google it.

lol what are you talking about? Before Roman came we were still playing Champions League football and under Ranieri we finished second (to an unbeaten Arsenal) and reached the semi finals of Champions League (which we could have won had it not been for that horror result in Monaco). Some of the players that became famous under Mourinho were Ranieri signings (Joe Cole, Makelele, Bridge), so don't credit all of our success to Mourinho, because we were headed in that direction before he came.