The Mourinho Thread

he'll have a good squad

This is the key thing here. Even Redknapp said it, you'd have to be a complete dud to fail with this current team - which will probably get stronger in the summer. So any decent manager can win here, but only a top top manager can get the team to perform at a consistent level and win the premier league* and Mourinho is probably that man.

*Any lucky manager can win CL or other cup competitions, but you don't win the league by luck, unless you're Man utd :ph34r:

Just to add to my previous post regarding this. Redknapp is 'one of' the better 'domestic' examples, but my personal favourite even more than Heynckes is Guus Hiddink, because he literally 'matched' his league achievements.

PSV:

1st tenure (1987-1990) - 3 titles

2nd tenure (2002-2006) - 3 titles

Good example.

I guess the only thing to worry about a possible return of Mourinho is the player base we got.

Before we where more of a aggressive physical side.

Now we are more like a Barcelona, small, weak player.

This is why we get bully easily by City, cause they are like what Chelsea used to be. A very aggressive side with big players.

This was my doubt if weather Mourinho can forged a very attack minded team.

But his time at Madrid has sort of answer that question. As Mourinho has done good with technical flair players like Ozil.

So with the example you gave, I don't see why Mourinho can come and do the same again. He is a very astute manager, and if he comes back is because he has won the respect from Roman.

And this time Roman will value more his input then before.

We want a stable manager.And Mou have been biggest definition of instability.He want a new challenge every now and then. But what about our club.Our youth will never get a chance like that.

Just like our owner,we fans also have become so impatient.its so sad to see.

We already have a world class manager.He is doing a decent job.Why cant we observe that....

a world class manager??? one who put in ferreira/jt/cahill/ake in subs last night against the current english champions' home game, when it was almost a must win game. or one who substituted azpi for iva at 80 mins in cwc title when we were 1-0 down and needed a goal. FSW is a joke and that is exactly what evry1 sees and knows.

on the other hand we have jose mourinho who is without a doubt one of the best coach in the world. mou wont do a "decent job", he ll do a great job. the fans have not become impatient. no fan actually wanted RDM to get the sack, but every fan wants what is best for his team, and when the option is between JOSE and FSW, the answer is pretty clear, no matter what.

we want a stable manager and by the record of it, jose is the most stable manager we have had in a decade so i dont know what u r saying. infact if any manager stays 3-4 years here, it would be the most stable we would have been in a loooong loooong time. plus y do u assume jose wont give our youth a chance? should i inform u about VARANE who has become the lynchpin of RM defence was brought into the 1st team by mou. infact if any manager can bring youth to this team, it would be jose, because firstly he is overly confident in his tactics, if he comes back to chelsea, it would be with an assurance from ROMAN that he can do things the way he wants. any other manager would always be worrying about the sword dangling over his head and thus would be reluctant to give new boys a chance but simply go with tried and tested.

Very surprised. I think he like Karanka.

Don't think Mourinho will bring Karanka here, should he return. He only appointed Karanka as his assistant because he knows about Spanish football and Real Madrid as a club having played there before in his career.

I want Jose back, and I think he can deliver again, BIG time. Have to remember that, if it wasn't for the "goal that wasn't", we'd have beaten Snivelpool in that semi.

If not Jose then, until now I was firmly in the David Moyes camp but, having heard that, since becoming Everton manager, in his time against the top four of the time (Chels, Man Ure, Snivelpool, the arse), he has NEVER won an away game against any of those teams. Now I appreciate that Everton aint got the finances of the rest, but no away win?, in 44 efforts?, that is not good.

Therefore, If not Jose, then I have both feet very firmly in the "returnofbobbycampbell" camp :halo: