The Mourinho Thread

No Champions League football would be a disaster for this club for next season.

13 major honours in the 12 years since Abramovich arrived. Manchester United have 10. Long-lasting managers are not always answer

REALLY? Why? It's the end of the world for God sake. What happened when we failed in group stage in 2012/13. Nothing. Even ManU failed. I still think he is the right man because he is one of us, he is not just a coach but he is a fan of this club.

a) Won't qualify from our Champions League group

B) Could potentially find ourselves in the Europa League with a pile up of games in faraway corners of Europe

c) Will struggle to make top 8 in the league

No Champions League football

why you thinking that way think positive remember avb has a manager of chelsea what happen after he leave??

REALLY? Why? It's the end of the world for God sake. What happened when we failed in group stage in 2012/13. Nothing. Even ManU failed. I still think he is the right man because he is one of us, he is not just a coach but he is a fan of this club.

In the age of financial fair play we will miss out on important money to buy high calibre players to replace the shit we already have. Champions League football is a huge draw for players. Hazard would not have signed for us had we not won it in 2012, what made Willian turn down Spurs for us? Part of what makes a 'big club' is being competitive in Europe. How many players say in their first interviews at big clubs how excited they are to be able to play in Europe? What happened when we failed in the group stage of 2012/13 is that we *somehow* managed to finish high enough in the table (3rd I think?) to qualify for the Champions League for 2013/14 and were therefore still able to attract players.

Please expand on your point that he is ''one of us''. I'm not quite sure what he's said to earn that title with the exception of coming out with it in his first Press conference back here.

In the age of financial fair play we will miss out on important money to buy high calibre players to replace the shit we already have. Champions League football is a huge draw for players.

man utd signed di Maria with no champions league football ??

If we wont to paid Pogba his huge week's so we will paid it to another player? I don't think so. And looking far away player want to expose his talent if he is offensive player but in our club right now, we just want to score one and def it for end. simple.

tbh one of reason why Roman didnt sack jose is that he just wont to pay 30mln for sack him.

He knows something that he was unsure of a week ago, that's why he was calmer after the game. It might be related to his father but last week Alex Texeira said that we are after him. I think the board told him that we will be active in January.

There's still Sunday and Monday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/10051036/jose-mourinhos-job-at-chelsea-not-under-threat

Thats just unbeliveable if true. "Not under threat". If thats really the case, the club is set to follow Arsenal path, because only in a club that lost any kind of ambition the job's manager won't even be "under threat" in such circunstances.

He knows something that he was unsure of a week ago, that's why he was calmer after the game. It might be related to his father but last week Alex Texeira said that we are after him. I think the board told him that we will be active in January.

Not sure what he know, but what I know is: if the team is relying on Alex Teixeira to save the season, then its already over.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/10051036/jose-mourinhos-job-at-chelsea-not-under-threat

Thats just unbeliveable if true. "Not under threat". If thats really the case, the club is set to follow Arsenal path, because only in a club that lost any kind of ambition the job's manager won't even be "under threat" in such circunstances.

You missed one word not under "immediate" threat, i think the meaning is different.

Otherwise i don't want him gone, so i'm quite happy about the news.

Cheers.

I've been in the air all day so I couldn't get a chance to watch this game live. What amazes me, (though not surprises me) is Mourinho had the temerity to put in Falcao, (his agent's client) instead of Remy, even after Remy scored the goal that got us back in it vs Stoke City and even after how diabolical Falcao has been. Any other manager out there would have gone with the hot hand today, not Mourinho.

This just goes to show what a poor man manager Mourinho has become. The partiality he shows to certain players is not worthy of a Chelsea manager. He should be sacked just on this recurring theme alone. And those fans at The Bridge that were chanting his name, despite all Mourinho's transgressions this season, are nothing short of an embarrassment. Open your eyes! Mourinho knows he doesn't have what it takes to turn it around so he doesn't give a flying fuck anymore. He's only stalling for his paycheck. If he had any decency, he'll resign and forfeit money for the club he claims to love.

This. Absolutely ridiculous. Falcao just looks clueless when he comes on but Mourinho will not work on merit. Remy was an excellent impact player for us last season and is better than Falcao, yet he has isolated Remy on the bench so much times to bring on a finished striker like Falcao and it always backfires. He just has made so much fucked up decisions and he has lost it. I struggle to believe he is the only manager to get us out of this current mess.

Gladbach ex-manager guided them to 3rd spot last season, which meant they qualified for UCL football automatically. Excellent achievement, however this season, like Mourinho the team got of to an awful start losing their first 6 games in the league, including getting battered in their first UCL opener against Sevilla 3-0. Despite what the manager had done before in the previous season, the team had totally lost all form in the opening games of this season and the Gladbach board realised the situation was not going to change. What do they do? Sack the manager and higher an interim manager within the club who was mangaging the U23 team to take over the first team.

Since taking over the Gladbach interim manager has taken control of 9 games. 6 league wins in a row which included beating the likes of Wolfsburg and Schalke convincingly. 1 excellent cup win away to Schalke. An excellent point away to Juventus and their loss was against Man City in the UCL where they were very unfortunate. So he has taken charge of all league games and won every single one.

It just shows that you don't need a manager with whole long experience to take over. Sometimes it can be someone within the club who has been here for a while and can build up a strong rapport with the players. Like Favre at Gladbach, the players have lost confidence in Mourinho and they need someone who can give them a kick up the backside and give them new ideas. I would take a manager with experience as first option but right now I would even take someone like Steve Holland till the end of the season until we get a long term manager in. Someone who has been here for a few years and knows the squad well.

Gadbach have a much inferior squad to us and yet with this new interim manager have managed to do wonders. If they can do that with inferior players, there is no reason we cannot with better players move in a better direction under a new coach. Moruinho has lost the dressing room, does not have a clue of how to take the team forward and we need an interim to just give the boys the lift. These players have not turned average overnight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3298533/Now-s-Roman-Abramovich-Chelsea-owner-fire-Jose-Mourinho-slump-goes-on.html

According to Neil Ashton from Mail, Jose's job is under threat and will get the axe if performances don't improve. Before usual suspects say he is not reliable/hates Mourinho, he was the first to report weeks ago that Mourinho survived a meeting with board after Southampton defeat, hours before the club relesead that public vote of confidence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3259268/Jose-Mourinho-survives-meeting-Chelsea-board-not-sacked-despite-poor-start-season.html

do you think it would return as before? no cech , drogba , lampard , cole, ballack anymore. I doubt oscar and baba will be running the dressing room

Well, I trust Cech , Drogba , Lampard , Cole, Ballack to turn things around no matter who the manager is, even if its an interim. Can you say the same about Oscar and Baba?