The Mourinho Thread

Arsene ? Pfffff, this Omar Momani isnt a very good cartoonist, nothing close to Wenger for me in that picture but I still didnt got the point ?

Look like Wenger to me with that white hair. :lol:

All aboard! Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich arranges to meet Jose Mourinho on his super yacht to discuss return

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-arranges-1870463

How in the world do all these journos know what's going on the mind of Roman when he has never spoken to the press?

They are amazing indeed!

How in the world do all these journos know what's going on the mind of Roman when he has never spoken to the press?

They are amazing indeed!

Investigative journalism. Not saying the news is true here but journalists can always find it out by getting such info from personals close to Roman.

So, you're basically indicating there that the player voluntarily praised Benitez in interviews etc? Thinking your feelings on Benitez is making this an issue when it isn't one.

No, I'm not "indicating" anything as such. I couldn't possibly know what questions are being asked, could I. I might despise Benitez, but that doesn't make me brain-dead (hopefully). I don't want to argue as it all comes down to personal perception - I can see you point if and if you can't see mine I'll live :-)

But yes, I believe some players are more eager to praise Rafa than others - and it comes out in the interviews. I don't blame them - Benitez might be a lovable person - but surely they must know what the fans are thinking.

Take the interview with Azpilicueta - I don't see any specific questions being asked, he talks about many different things. Yet he makes Rafa look like master tactician.

Quote: "Rafa Benítez has given more tactical rigour to Chelsea. Until his arrival we were conceding lots of goals and we were not as solid as we should have been. Now we try to play like a team both in defence and in attack, and that's the most important thing."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/04/27/3935411/azpilicueta-benitez-has-given-chelsea-more-tactical-rigour)

I must repeat myself - but didn't RDM show that he could build up a very solid defense? Was he not blamed for "parking the bus"? Would he be allowed to play this - often - dull and boring football as Benitez? IMHO no other manager was given so much patience as Benitez, they would all have been sacked after our defeat against QPR.

The same goes for Cech and Mourinho today. I don't believe he was asked something like: "Do you think Mourinho is the best manager you have ever known?" Yet he comes with a very bold statement. He could have said it's all only rumours at this point and cut it there.

It's too early to start heaping praise on Rafa Benitez

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/5/3/4296302/chelsea-fc-fans-rafa-benitez-praise-top-four-europa-final

No, I'm not "indicating" anything as such. I couldn't possibly know what questions are being asked, could I. I might despise Benitez, but that doesn't make me brain-dead (hopefully). I don't want to argue as it all comes down to personal perception - I can see you point if and if you can't see mine I'll live :-)

But yes, I believe some players are more eager to praise Rafa than others - and it comes out in the interviews. I don't blame them - Benitez might be a lovable person - but surely they must know what the fans are thinking.

Take the interview with Azpilicueta - I don't see any specific questions being asked, he talks about many different things. Yet he makes Rafa look like master tactician.

Quote: "Rafa Benítez has given more tactical rigour to Chelsea. Until his arrival we were conceding lots of goals and we were not as solid as we should have been. Now we try to play like a team both in defence and in attack, and that's the most important thing."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/04/27/3935411/azpilicueta-benitez-has-given-chelsea-more-tactical-rigour)

This is basically what I was saying earlier. Those players may sound as if they like Benitez but really some of the things they have said about him is basically just the truth in terms of some improvement we have made under Benitez, even if we don't like to admit it. They are just stating the facts and what is apparent. And Mata said this last Wednesday in the pre-match press conference.

“As a professional you have to be able to train, to perform and win no matter who the manager is. Chelsea are a club who are always at the top level. It’s true I’ve had three managers and I really enjoyed myself with all of them.”

Regarding what Azpi said there, I have seen the media asked that question before where they just inquire the players on what Benitez has done differently. We may not like the supposed positive comments about him but they are probably just speaking their mind and it's the truth. As I said previously, I don't think we can really deny some of the improvements we have made under Benitez, even if we all don't like to admit it.

I must repeat myself - but didn't RDM show that he could build up a very solid defense? Was he not blamed for "parking the bus"? Would he be allowed to play this - often - dull and boring football as Benitez? IMHO no other manager was given so much patience as Benitez, they would all have been sacked after our defeat against QPR.

The same goes for Cech and Mourinho today. I don't believe he was asked something like: "Do you think Mourinho is the best manager you have ever known?" Yet he comes with a very bold statement. He could have said it's all only rumours at this point and cut it there.

It's too early to start heaping praise on Rafa Benitez

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/5/3/4296302/chelsea-fc-fans-rafa-benitez-praise-top-four-europa-final

RDM may have succeeded in making us good defensively last season but he didn't achieve that this season. We have brought in new attacking talents but we were a mess defensively and tactically. Under Benitez, we might not have played good football all the time but the most important first is that he made us defended better as a team. He has to find the right balance for the team due to the imbalance nature of the squad we have. If we can't defend properly and letting in cheap goals, then we aren't going to win many games. All about ensuring we are solid at the back and build from there.

As for what Cech said about Mourinho, I believe he was just responding to the question about the stories on Mourinho returning. Yes, he could have said like what you pointed out there but given it looks as if Mourinho will be returning and Benitez is leaving after all anyway.

Don't get me wrong though. I don't defending Benitez here or anything like that but I just do not get the fuss about some of the players have suddenly turned into a Benitez loyalist just because of some standard comments players would normally say about a manager. If someone else say Turnbull, Benayoun or even Marin said such things, would people actually even bother much about this? People are just making this an issue because of the players we all like have apparently become loyal to Benitez, which isn't the case at all.

All aboard! Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich arranges to meet Jose Mourinho on his super yacht to discuss return

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-arranges-1870463

First a restaurant...now a boat..lol.

Are we still building our squad up from the ground up though? I don't think we are anymore. We've now established a nucleus for the following seasons to come: Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Ramires & Luiz. With the likes of Courtois, Lukaku, KDB, Chalobah etc. coming through as well, we've got great potential as a squad - what we need now is a manager that can bring these players to the next level, and I honestly think there isn't a better man than Mourinho out there to do that for us.

Mourinho was our last long term manager (he was here for 3 seasons which is very long term for us). He could've easily stayed for another season or two had it not been for the off field shenanigans with Roman. Roman's changed. He now wants to build a team that can sustain itself for many years to come rather than the instant glory he craved for earlier - we've won the holy grail now anyway. Mourinho's been everywhere and accomplished most of what he wanted to do. He's changed too. I honestly think Mourinho will stay with us for at least 3/4 years if everything goes well.

That's true but I'm somewhat concerned mainly due to what happened to Inter right after he left. Sure, he won them tons of trophies, but ever since he's left, it's been absolute shambles over there. Inflated egos, wages too high etc. And then not to mention the fact that Madrid's dressing room has become divided and the fact that he's alienated himself from a large part of the team. I know that it didn't happen over here, but the man does have quite a history of these sorts of things. Just something to keep an eye on...

Regarding what Azpi said there, I have seen the media asked that question before where they just inquire the players on what Benitez has done differently. We may not like the supposed positive comments about him but they are probably just speaking their mind and it's the truth. As I said previously, I don't think we can really deny some of the improvements we have made under Benitez, even if we all don't like to admit it.

Yes, I know what you mean - and agree with about 99% of it :-)

Just think it's hilarious that every time a Chelsea player says something positive about him Rafa links to it from his Twitter account. And they call Jose a megalomaniac?

And I have found the Spanish interview and indeed, the question (for Azpilicueta) was:

What has Rafa Benitez given to Chelsea?

Still, I can't wait to see the back of him.

One other thing, for all this talk of Mourinho loving this club etc... if he really loved this club so much, would his desire to come here really be decided on us qualifying for the Champions League or not? Just some food for thought.

One other thing, for all this talk of Mourinho loving this club etc... if he really loved this club so much, would his desire to come here really be decided on us qualifying for the Champions League or not? Just some food for thought.

only the rags have said thats the case

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has been house-hunting in London

Restaurant visit fuels speculation he will return to his old club

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/former-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-1870126

i got a house I have a well befitting the special one but don't have his contact, so any one who can reach him should let him know he should find no more am waiting with the key.

WHO IS NUMBER 2?

What the hell does this mean ? Three same CV's & three different managers, Rafa & José and ?

It means that Jose, who hit out at his critics a couple of days ago by talking about his CV, sounded very much like Benitez. Number 2 is no one, just a middle phase between Jose and Rafa.