The Mourinho Thread

From a tactical and technical perspective, why is there any reason to believe in Mourinho? What are the serious arguments FOR, because there are many AGAINST.

Has he ever in his career dragged a team out of the proverbial quagmire before? A quagmire he himself created? NO. History tells us things are only going to get worse. Right now, we're 15th. A relegation side. Madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I know, it's harder and harder to justify it. But I still think he's the best out there and we can turn this around.

The 2nd half performance is evidence of this. Are we going to get the same willpower and heart out of guys like Willian with any other manager? I don't think so.

Thread would be in a much different state right now had Cesc's goal been correctly allowed.

I'm starting to think we need to change, I haven't fully shifted yet but if/when I do, I stay changed.

But unlike most people on here, I will still respect him for being the best manager in the club's history and what he has done.

No one can ever erase what he has done for Chelsea and I am sure even his worst hater(but a real Chelsea fan) still appreciate what he has done for us whether they admit it or not. But atm it is better to cut ties before he damages his images in the eyes of his most loyal supporter. If he truly loved the club he would go before it gets real ugly and escalate into a civil war at the club which is where it seems to be heading atm.

I just got a worrying thought that before he goes(which will be very soon unless miracles happen) he will destroy any relationship he has left with anyone at the club including Roman and that is something I would really hate to happen to the club whether he stays or go.

I know, it's harder and harder to justify it. But I still think he's the best out there and we can turn this around.

A couple of matches ago, I would think the same. But now, I don´t think he is the man for the job. I would love to see him turn this around, but I don´t know...Yeah, we are not so far from the top in points, but in football quality?

I'm starting to think we need to change, I haven't fully shifted yet but if/when I do, I stay changed.

But unlike most people on here, I will still respect him for being the best manager in the club's history and what he has done.

I have shifted but defiantly.He done a lot for us last 2 seasons and he's time before.God knows what is going on a mid life crisis or something but am sad this is happening and when/should he get sacked..although be no surprised still be a bit :(

Though he hasn't seemed happy in ages so maybe its for the best in that sense.Since day one this season with Eva its just been one mess after another.Some needless headline...ahh annoying

I don't even know what to say. At a total loss. Totally undecided right now.

Reasons to sack Mourinho:

• It's clearly not "just" the players. Tactics are stale, team selection is predictable and certainly not on merit. Problems seem to be coming from the coach.
  • He's becoming an embarrassment. Barging into the officials' changing room? Unacceptable. And what excuses will he conjure up in his interview today? Actually, just found out he's refused to speak to the media. Wow.
  • He's been given a fair amount of time to turn things around (two months) and things have, arguably, only gotten worse. How much longer do you give him when there has been no visible improvement?
  • You no longer get the feeling that he can turn things around, like he once used to. Has he lost his spark, or the dressing room - or both?

Reasons NOT to sack Mourinho:

• We need stability. The board have backed him and it would be easy to press the panic button.
  • Who else can we bring in? Ancelotti wouldn't want to come back after getting the sack for finishing 1st and 2nd in his two seasons. There's really no-one better available right now.
  • How much can we really blame him? He wasn't backed by the board in the transfer window. Instead of signing Pogba and Stones and keeping Cech, like he wanted to, we signed Stoke's number one, replaced a club legend with a failure and signed Michael fucking Hector to solve our defensive crisis. Pedro aside, we failed in the transfer window. We learnt nothing from City's implosion last season because they, similarly, did not strengthen.
  • See things out til the end of the season and see where we are. Other managers may be available - Pep, anyone? - and that way we're not burdened by another interim manager the same way we have been in 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013. When you put it like that, it shows how embarrassingly quick we are to fire managers.
  • He's the best manager in the club's history and has earned the right to dig us out of this mess.

When the truth kicks in and you try to mask it with a fake laugh.

I get the point of what he's saying, but....saying that we need to make decision with our brains and then suggesting Hiddink is contradictory at the very least.

He has done lots at the club, so did Mourinho, but i think he's past it, being as respectful to Hiddink as i can be.

I'm shocked, Tomo. You defend him like a bald-headed first son.

This has been said over a million of times but Mourinho's need to create controversy at every opportunity is pathetic and embarrassing. Allegedly blasting the referee at HT and getting sent to the stands (when the players desperately need the manager) and now not speaking to the media at all? To divert the attention away from a poor result/performance is one thing but this has become an obsession for him. We are already having a hard time as it is on the pitch and we don't need any stupid drama off it. It's so freaking tiresome!

Mourinho is really writing the book on how not to react in crisis situation. pouring oil on the fire consistently.