The Mourinho Thread

Although I am all for 'the Mourinho out-camp', I hope the press can give him a bit of a break. The guy has been stigmatized ( of course, partly because of his own behaviour) to the extreme. This pressure can't be healthy, even for Mou, he seems a bit lost right now.

I'm starting to think we need to change, I haven't fully shifted yet but if/when I do, I stay changed.

But unlike most people on here, I will still respect him for being the best manager in the club's history and what he has done.

I'm not sure were you're getting that from, Tomo. As far as I can tell, though I missed quite a few pages in this thread due to inactivity, almost everyone knows and appreciates what he has achieved with this club.

I don't even know what to say. At a total loss. Totally undecided right now.

Reasons to sack Mourinho:

• It's clearly not "just" the players. Tactics are stale, team selection is predictable and certainly not on merit. Problems seem to be coming from the coach.
  • He's becoming an embarrassment. Barging into the officials' changing room? Unacceptable. And what excuses will he conjure up in his interview today? Actually, just found out he's refused to speak to the media. Wow.
  • He's been given a fair amount of time to turn things around (two months) and things have, arguably, only gotten worse. How much longer do you give him when there has been no visible improvement?
  • You no longer get the feeling that he can turn things around, like he once used to. Has he lost his spark, or the dressing room - or both?

Reasons NOT to sack Mourinho:

• We need stability. The board have backed him and it would be easy to press the panic button.
  • Who else can we bring in? Ancelotti wouldn't want to come back after getting the sack for finishing 1st and 2nd in his two seasons. There's really no-one better available right now.
  • How much can we really blame him? He wasn't backed by the board in the transfer window. Instead of signing Pogba and Stones and keeping Cech, like he wanted to, we signed Stoke's number one, replaced a club legend with a failure and signed Michael fucking Hector to solve our defensive crisis. Pedro aside, we failed in the transfer window. We learnt nothing from City's implosion last season because they, similarly, did not strengthen.
  • See things out til the end of the season and see where we are. Other managers may be available - Pep, anyone? - and that way we're not burdened by another interim manager the same way we have been in 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013. When you put it like that, it shows how embarrassingly quick we are to fire managers.
  • He's the best manager in the club's history and has earned the right to dig us out of this mess.

There's also the Champions League factor. Can we afford to miss out on it, even for one season? We are in such bad state right now that it's hard to even see us finishing in the top 4.

I'm not sure were you're getting that from, Tomo. As far as I can tell, though I missed quite a few pages in this thread due to inactivity, almost everyone knows and appreciates what he has achieved with this club.

I don't really mean most people, that was just a snap sentance with the heat of the game still raw.

I do however believe there are some cases of a lack of respect towards Mou, which I have believed to be the case pretty much since he got back, I don't mind critiscm or even wanting him out, but someone told him to go fuck himself just before we were about to play a cup final.

• We need stability. The board have backed him and it would be easy to press the panic button.

Stability with Mourinho was always going to be impossible. Controversy upon controversy follows him wherever he goes. He drains his players, club and even fans to the point of exhaustion. His expiry date is 2 seasons, not even the 3 that many like to say. For a manager who is advertised (or who advertises himself) as a tactical genius, he is very limited tactically. He is also an egomaniac. If we wanted stability, we should have gone for someone else initially.

• Who else can we bring in? Ancelotti wouldn't want to come back after getting the sack for finishing 1st and 2nd in his two seasons. There's really no-one better available right now.

Hiddink at least as an interim manager is not a bad idea. Then in the summer, the board and the owner can come to a decision for a permanent manager who has a history of some kind of longevity and who can actually make use of the youth team. A project the owner has poured literally 100's of millions of pounds of his own money into.

• How much can we really blame him? He wasn't backed by the board in the transfer window. Instead of signing Pogba and Stones and keeping Cech, like he wanted to, we signed Stoke's number one, replaced a club legend with a failure and signed Michael fucking Hector to solve our defensive crisis. Pedro aside, we failed in the transfer window. We learnt nothing from City's implosion last season because they, similarly, did not strengthen.

This is a terrible argument. We are actually at least as strong, if not stronger than were last season. Who have we actually lost that did anything really relevant for us last season? Cech was a reserve goalkeeper. Filipe Luis was a reserve left-back. Drogba was 38 and only had so much to give us. This season, we've signed Pedro, one of the best wingers in the world. He started like a house on fire, but he quickly sank into the mediocrity that surrounded him like all our players this season.

15th. That's our league position. Some implosion.

• See things out til the end of the season and see where we are. Other managers may be available - Pep, an yone? - and that way we're not burdened by another interim manager the same way we have been in 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013. When you put it like that, it shows how embarrassingly quick we are to fire managers.

See out till the end of the season? Chelsea Football Club is a world renowned multi-million pound organisation. I'll rather be "embarrassed" (like other clubs don't hire and fire managers) than see this club take 10 steps back. We can't put Mourinho's interests and what others think of us ahead of reality.

• He's the best manager in the club's history and has earned the right to dig us out of this mess.

Irrelevant. This line has been parroted over and over since Mourinho came out with his ego-driven proclamation. And by the same token, he's been our worst manager in the Roman era this season and one of the worst in modern times (if you think about it).

Because for the most part a lot of the stick he gets is well overboard, but the team is going now here right now.

I guess that's fair. I just thought you'd be on his side till you drew your last breath.

It's a shame it has got to come to this. Painful to watch and 15th in the table. I'm flabbergasted.

<p>I don't even know what to say. At a total loss. Totally undecided right now. Reasons to sack Mourinho:

• It's clearly not "just" the players. Tactics are stale, team selection is predictable and certainly not on merit. Problems seem to be coming from the coach.
  • He's becoming an embarrassment. Barging into the officials' changing room? Unacceptable. And what excuses will he conjure up in his interview today? Actually, just found out he's refused to speak to the media. Wow.
  • He's been given a fair amount of time to turn things around (two months) and things have, arguably, only gotten worse. How much longer do you give him when there has been no visible improvement?
  • You no longer get the feeling that he can turn things around, like he once used to. Has he lost his spark, or the dressing room - or both?
Reasons NOT to sack Mourinho:
  • See things out til the end of the season and see where we are. Other managers may be available - Pep, anyone? - and that way we're not burdened by another interim manager the same way we have been in 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013. When you put it like that, it shows how embarrassingly quick we are to fire managers.
we need stability yes, But with right manager

Who else would you get if we were to get rid of Mourinho? Can't think of anyone else.

I'd rather we though outside the box, Carlos league record is awful and we need title winning run to even get top 4 from here on, would rather gamble and furthermore Carlos teams have a history of stagnating big time and setting teams under years of rebuilding, this squad is still young enough to recover without the need of transition.

@Jason, would have given you the same answer.

I guess that's fair. I just thought you'd be on his side till you drew your last breath.

It's a shame it has got to come to this. Painful to watch and 15th in the table. I'm flabbergasted.

I haven't fully shifted, but if/when I do theirs no going back in my head, ask anyone who ever read my constant rants on Torres and Bosingwa :lol:

I'd rather we though outside the box, Carlos league record is awful and we need title winning run to even get top 4 from here on, would rather gamble and furthermore Carlos teams have a history of stagnating big time and setting teams under years of rebuilding, this squad is still young enough to recover without the need of transition.

@Jason, would have given you the same answer.

Harsh. What teams?. I know there's Milan but Milan was destroyed by the suits, the men/women running the club. There's no denying that now because they're worse off than ever. They even asked/begged him to come back and he was smart to turn them down.

Chelsea sacked him before there was any chance for him to make an impact on the squad. And that squad was old.