The Mourinho Thread

If we have another truly awful weekend (we lose and City & United win) I wonder how itchy Roman's trigger finger will feel. Looking at the top of the table and seeing us 10+ points behind TWO clubs who we finished miles ahead of just a couple of months ago will have him livid and nervous I would think.

Guess we'll find out pretty soon if he really has changed.

Even if Man U lose still be a Arsenal win...urgh one win and we fly up the table a bit...just dont seem capeable of doing that

If we lose today I hope NO ONE come and defend him anymore because there is just no reason to. If we lose today I think we will follow Dortmund last season and MU 2013-14, probably end the season finishing like 6th or 7th because even once we get into 'form' in mid Jan it would already be too late.

Basically it comes down to whether we are prepared to part way with Jose to secure a CL spot or stay loyal to him and probably missing the CL spot this season, we will also probably finish in our worst position for more than a decade at this rate.

Absolutely spot on.

The club should always be more important than the manager, always, without any exceptions. The best a manager could do is make a case for being the most important and most significant aspect of aa football club and the only manager that deserves such unreserved huge praise/accolade is Alex Ferguson. What he achieved at united is unparralled and will never be replicated in football again.

I laugh whenever Jose fan boys try to portray him as a god and make him look like the best thing that's ever happened to Chelsea when he's no where near roman abramovich. The man that made it all happen.

You made a very important point also about our success in the roman years being inspite of mourinho as it was inevitable.

Man city have won two of the last 4 EPL title and are on their way to making it 3 in 5. This is despite the lack of, what most would class, as a world class manager in charge.

Not the fan boy route again, I'm sorry but it really winds me up when people go down that route, are people who defend Terry now a fanboy? Or anyone who defended Drogba in the last two seasons pre Barca and Bayern.

In football fans build emotional connections with players and managers, now if you think Mourinho is not the right man to take us forward and/or don't have the same connection with him that's fine, that is your prerogative, but ultimately there will be fans that do, and because of the massive impact he has made especially in his first spell he will get some leeway with a lot of supporters where others won't, which is why I always cringe whenever the "If this was Benitez" line is used.

Look at Liverpool in Kennys second coming, I was on a all fans footy forum at the time and some Liverpool fans thought Kenny should go because he wasn't in touch with the modern times and there were others who couldn't let go, but the people in the former group always remained respectful of the fact that some will have that emotional connection to a man who was a prominent figure when Liverpool were top dogs (like Jose here), I mean if Liverpool fans can manage that, why cant we (in general)?

Watching city play gets me even more mad with Mourinho.

We had a lot of flair and youth when he came, now it's all but gone.

Don't want this guy anymore. Let him finish the season and then send him off like real Madrid did.

Give us a manager that can work with attacking talents and bring youth in.

drops zouma... lmao , absolute bellend

The sack is coming. I think if we fail to win this, he is going to be SACKED. So obviously he was going to do the obvious - fall back to his "best 11", his "untouchables". I am actually shocked that he did not start with matic.

Not the fan boy route again, I'm sorry but it really winds me up when people go down that route, are people who defend Terry now a fanboy? Or anyone who defended Drogba in the last two seasons pre Barca and Bayern.

In football fans build emotional connections with players and managers, now if you think Mourinho is not the right man to take us forward and/or don't have the same connection with him that's fine, that is your prerogative, but ultimately there will be fans that do, and because of the massive impact he has made especially in his first spell he will get some leeway with a lot of supporters where others won't, which is why I always cringe whenever the "If this was Benitez" line is used.

Look at Liverpool in Kennys second coming, I was on a all fans footy forum at the time and some Liverpool fans thought Kenny should go because he wasn't in touch with the modern times and there were others who couldn't let go, but the people in the former group always remained respectful of the fact that some will have that emotional connection to a man who was a prominent figure when Liverpool were top dogs (like Jose here), I mean if Liverpool fans can manage that, why cant we (in general)?

I don't usually bump my own posts bit after some of the comments since I feel I have to.

"I hate this cunt now" seriously ? :doh: