The Mourinho Thread

Because they are glory hunters protected by a glory hunter who runs this forum which could not collect even a pound from its members last month. Mourinho brought them glory, so no matter what he does they will follow, adore and protect him like any pathetic glory hunter would do.

this must have been one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen in this forum and I've seen my share of them.

The money donated for the forum is a low blow and to know people who support the manager are now called glory hunters surprises me.

Mourinho lost a lot of my support and I wouldn't mind if he left tomorrow, but I won't say whoever still supports him 100% is a glory hunter. Where is the glory in the first place? Most posting people doesn't support him in the job anymore, so if anyone wants glory here they're likely to start offending others and talking about money if you ask me.

EDIT: I am so over the posts I just read that all I want to do is delete the last 10 pages. Everyone is in the wrong. There is not a single quality post. Only bickering. That's from both sides of the spectrum by the way!

You better not delete my post about vaca frita, you bastard.

I will quote this post, to make some things clear.

First, I think it would be nice if the staff can share with the rest of the forum, what they believe is the ideal talkchelsea, and how the things you pointed in that another post are related with Jose Mourinho, because its seems you just said the staff don't see as a good thing people saying a bad word about Mourinho.

Second, I want to express my point of view about Mourinho. You might be glad that Mourinho is the manager, and the whole stadium might chant his name tomorrow. I realized that many fans have a special relationship with Mourinho. I remember that TOPTB said one time something like this "there is no better man in the world than Jose Mourinho to manage a southwest London football club", and he also said that only people who really undertand what Chelsea is, would undertand what he was talking about.

I don't pretend to undertand what a sothewest London club is, since as I foreign, and an outsider, I cant tell you that I will never understand this kind of relationship, where the club and the manager are the same thing. Chelsea is Mourinho, and Mourinho is Chelsea. If you speak a bad word about Mourinho, you are speaking bad about Chelsea.

I don't have any special relantionship with Jose Mourinho, because as TOPTB said, I will never understand why there is no better man to be at a southwest London football club. He was important for Chelsea (Mourinho, not TOPTB), but I don't think he deserves all the credits for the success the club got in recent years. With the amount of investment Chelsea made in football in the past 10 years, the results where only a question of time, Mourinho or no Mourinho. City and PSG are here to prove that.

So, I'm not discussing Mourinho CV, or how many trophies he won in the past. I'm discussing if he is the right manager for long term succes and, whether you like it or not, Mourinho was hired again to bring success, and he got a contract extension to bring long term success, and thats how he is going to be evaluated. A big football club, with many sponsors and marketing deals, is not paying huge money for a manager because he is the best man to be at a southwest London football club.

At this moment, I don't think Mourinho is the right man for a long term job. The quality of the squad deteriorated since he returned, his tactics are looking outdated and unidimensional, he is proving to be really bad in rebuilding a squad, and he has a very weird way to "motivate" his players.

You said in another post, that something must change in this forum. That might be true, but I don't think many of your comments are helping. If people who are big fan of Mourinho want to discuss Mourinho's job with good arguments, thats fine, but sometimes its not happening.

Days ago you just said people will be fucked off if the team win tomorrow, and some people were saying bad things about Mourinho even "when the team was 6 points clear last season".

Thats not helping this forum, if you ask me. If the team is 6 points clear, it doesn't mean everything is right. If the team win a match, thats not enough to fuck people off.

I have to remember you, even last season many people were criticizing this team, people who were saying Mourinho was genius, are still saying he is a genius. Last season, you were always renaming this topic to "moaning thread", you know because everyone who realized the team had many problems when it was "6 points clear", were just moaning.

I don't pretend to know whats bad or good for Chelsea, perhaps non-foreign who will be chanting Mourinho's name tomorrow know one thing or two about that.

However, Mourinho's future relies on his results. There are many signs out there that is losing the squad, the team is unbalanced, tactics are poor and I don't see he changing his ways, because since 2010 Mourinho is looking everything, but special.

Absolutely spot on.

The club should always be more important than the manager, always, without any exceptions. The best a manager could do is make a case for being the most important and most significant aspect of aa football club and the only manager that deserves such unreserved huge praise/accolade is Alex Ferguson. What he achieved at united is unparralled and will never be replicated in football again.

I laugh whenever Jose fan boys try to portray him as a god and make him look like the best thing that's ever happened to Chelsea when he's no where near roman abramovich. The man that made it all happen.

You made a very important point also about our success in the roman years being inspite of mourinho as it was inevitable.

Man city have won two of the last 4 EPL title and are on their way to making it 3 in 5. This is despite the lack of, what most would class, as a world class manager in charge.

8f9cb5f94f11c98b6ac2192e58c12849.jpg

Not funny or relevant at all.

Even if Mata was still here, he couldn't pull us out of this mess.

If you went through the Benitez games against the likes of Southampton, City and QPR you would know he's not the type that can take the game at the scruff of the neck.

I will quote this post, to make some things clear.

First, I think it would be nice if the staff can share with the rest of the forum, what they believe is the ideal talkchelsea, and how the things you pointed in that another post are related with Jose Mourinho, because its seems you just said the staff don't see as a good thing people saying a bad word about Mourinho.

Second, I want to express my point of view about Mourinho. You might be glad that Mourinho is the manager, and the whole stadium might chant his name tomorrow. I realized that many fans have a special relationship with Mourinho. I remember that TOPTB said one time something like this "there is no better man in the world than Jose Mourinho to manage a southwest London football club", and he also said that only people who really undertand what Chelsea is, would undertand what he was talking about.

I don't pretend to undertand what a sothewest London club is, since as I foreign, and an outsider, I cant tell you that I will never understand this kind of relationship, where the club and the manager are the same thing. Chelsea is Mourinho, and Mourinho is Chelsea. If you speak a bad word about Mourinho, you are speaking bad about Chelsea.

I don't have any special relantionship with Jose Mourinho, because as TOPTB said, I will never understand why there is no better man to be at a southwest London football club. He was important for Chelsea (Mourinho, not TOPTB), but I don't think he deserves all the credits for the success the club got in recent years. With the amount of investment Chelsea made in football in the past 10 years, the results where only a question of time, Mourinho or no Mourinho. City and PSG are here to prove that.

So, I'm not discussing Mourinho CV, or how many trophies he won in the past. I'm discussing if he is the right manager for long term succes and, whether you like it or not, Mourinho was hired again to bring success, and he got a contract extension to bring long term success, and thats how he is going to be evaluated. A big football club, with many sponsors and marketing deals, is not paying huge money for a manager because he is the best man to be at a southwest London football club.

At this moment, I don't think Mourinho is the right man for a long term job. The quality of the squad deteriorated since he returned, his tactics are looking outdated and unidimensional, he is proving to be really bad in rebuilding a squad, and he has a very weird way to "motivate" his players.

You said in another post, that something must change in this forum. That might be true, but I don't think many of your comments are helping. If people who are big fan of Mourinho want to discuss Mourinho's job with good arguments, thats fine, but sometimes its not happening.

Days ago you just said people will be fucked off if the team win tomorrow, and some people were saying bad things about Mourinho even "when the team was 6 points clear last season".

Thats not helping this forum, if you ask me. If the team is 6 points clear, it doesn't mean everything is right. If the team win a match, thats not enough to fuck people off.

I have to remember you, even last season many people were criticizing this team, people who were saying Mourinho was genius, are still saying he is a genius. Last season, you were always renaming this topic to "moaning thread", you know because everyone who realized the team had many problems when it was "6 points clear", were just moaning.

I don't pretend to know whats bad or good for Chelsea, perhaps non-foreign who will be chanting Mourinho's name tomorrow know one thing or two about that.

However, Mourinho's future relies on his results. There are many signs out there that is losing the squad, the team is unbalanced, tactics are poor and I don't see he changing his ways, because since 2010 Mourinho is looking everything, but special.

Likewise, I will quote this post to make some things clear. I think Jim, Alex , Special Juan etc have made it pretty clear how they envisage the forum to progress. This has been stated in the Announcements section several times. I think you have had problems with this and have had warnings before.

As far as i am concerned there is no problem with having different views about managers, its healthy. It is obvious though there are certain members here that use the 'hate Mourinho' vehicle as a Trojan horse to attack Chelsea and cause arguments.

My view on Mourinho at the moment is he is chucking his toys out the pram because he didnt get the players he wanted in the Summer, and is thus stubbornly playing what he has as a message to the board. Howver i also think he is the best manager Chelsea have ever had since I have been supporting since 1967. He is however, one dimensional in that he likes to buy ready made top players off the shelf -but then again top clubs demand instant success. I really dislike the way people seem to be turning against one of our best servants over recent years. Seems like typical modern football style, reacting to a couple of months of bad form and forgetting years of service. Anyone would think he's pissed on Osgood's grave.

I think Mourinho can be criticised for playing Brana -but having a go at Brana is wrong. He gets picked-whats he going to do , say no I am not playing ? If a player who's won everything with us and performed well consistently for years gets called a cunt (social media) and calls for him to never wear the shirt again cos he's had a bad two months, then what hope for anyone else? And we claim to be great supporters towards players who've served our club well.

As far as changing the title of this thread to the .'Moaning thread' you are completetly wrong. I was always changing it back to the 'Mourinho thread'.

You seem to have a bit of an obssession with TOPTB, I think you both have something in common in that you could both start arguments in an empty room. I would direct you to where he went when he was banned, it was the Shed End Forum, but apparently he has been banned from there as well.. ..for being nonsensically argumentative :D

Yes we can disagree over Mourinho, I dont know whether it is something deepseated, or ativistic with you, Portuguese/Brazil, empires etc but I agree with RMPR we all support Chelsea dont we ? so lets get behind the team FFS. And yes I am looking forward to the crowd getting behind the manager today- slagging him off with songs wouldnt be that productive really for the club.

PS liked your review of FIFA v PES btw

which one is more of a burning issue? JT not playing or under performing players playing all the time? The media is diverting the issue to a very narrow narrative. It is so infuriating

Ok can someone please put me out of my misery (Something an Arsenal fan says everyday) what is TOPTB?.

The Only Place To Be ... a guy who used to comment on this forum. She had a controversial stance on foreign Chelsea fan's... was kind of Chelsea's own EDL, some would say :)

If we have another truly awful weekend (we lose and City & United win) I wonder how itchy Roman's trigger finger will feel. Looking at the top of the table and seeing us 10+ points behind TWO clubs who we finished miles ahead of just a couple of months ago will have him livid and nervous I would think.

Guess we'll find out pretty soon if he really has changed.

His personality? So last year while we were cruising our way to the title, was his personality such an issue then? Has it been an issue in the build to success he's had whereever he's gone?

Yeah he's got his flaws and I'm sure this season he'd acknowledge his errors, the Eva situation for one. But by nowhere does that make him a disgrace to this club. We've had far worse characters done a lot more wrong in this place than Mourinho has.

First we've got his career discredited, now we're having his reputation analyzed. It's like the 2014-15 season never happened :lol:

Tbh his personality and attitude was always an issue. The only reason he got no stick is because we were winning. But despite Im big Mou, I see he has issues with his personality. His face nowdays when we are losing says it all. He is bad loser simple as that. Arrogant. Sometimes childlish. Looking for exuses everywhere but maybe he does that for team.

I like him because he is one funny fucker tho. And he was always great tactician and knew how to mentaly boost players. Sadly he doesnt know that this year but I doubt he lost it. Its just temporary form. Then again like I said last season when we won title to Skipper, he isnt the man to stay here for long time. Because of his personality.

But seriously if people think Mou has no weaknesses and they dont see his personality at least bit questionable, I dunno. Maybe blind or sth. Remember his poke in eye on Tito against barca? That is the picture perfect of Mourinho when he is losing. He is great winner but bad loser. Nothing in between.

I understand people love Mou and I do to for all he done for us, but people must be blind if they dont see he is controversal, childlish and aroggant man when things dont go his way.