The Mourinho Thread

But - that's a ridiculous statement - that's like heading towards an ice-berg and the last minute saying - Oooh shit - there's an iceberg!

The problems should have been addressed as they were happening - but it didn't happen and now it's worse than ever - have we reached a tipping point?

no its not!

they were not seen as problems last season as we were getting results and heading for the PL title! you make no sense, in the title run in its all about getting 3 points each game you play, performances don't matter as long as you win, Mourinho would have been focused on guiding us to the PL title, not trying to get the players to play better even though we were winning.

so your point makes no sense to me.

There you go.

Short term extremist view (last season) = current situation now.

In life you reap what you sow.

We failed to address the issues last season, and are now reaping the rewards this season.

That's the general gist of Mourinho complaints - his failure to see the bigger picture and put us in a 'progressive' position. We seem to be 'regressing' at an alarming rate.

this season is not the same as last season, last season we defended well and was able to grind out wins.

it made no sense at all last season to try and get the team playing better football when they were winning games in the title run in, no one could have predicted that suddenly for the first 5 games of this season we would lose all our ability to defend.

Think there are some quality posts from both sides of the argument, however I also believe that some are being over zealous & premature in wanting an imminent Jose departure.

Even us staunch supporters of Jose simply cannot justify his current team selections which tbh is all I care about - I couldn't give a monkeys about what statement he comes out with next, it's what happens on the pitch that concerns me & he is simply not cutting it so deserves the flak coming his way.

I am truly baffled by his stubbornness & long for the old Jose that would haul off players before half time if they weren't performing, I was at the Palace game & the only person in the stadium that couldn't see that Ivanovich & Fabregas needed taking off was him! That said you attack & defend as a unit & teams are being afforded far too much space, whilst the defence is taking the brunt, our attack has simply become too bone idol, I feel for Matic, whilst he has been poor too he has far to much ground to cover, he needs help in there & Jose needs to show some bollocks & start dropping these overpaid lazy superstars, I said in my last post a month'ish ago that they have to take responsibility also.

I can't fathom why he has not changed the team - my only conclusion is he is actually after the sack?! I still believe he has been left high & dry by the transfer dealings of the board this summer, the fixtures in are pre season were poorly organised but I don't buy the players are tired crap, most teams are doing the same nowadays its just our players have become complacent & immuned from non selection. Things are certainly not right behind the scenes either, unfortunately we aren't privy to that.......yet!

Jose has earned the right to have the time to turn it around, City had a similar run last season in the months leading to the end of the title race but their board stuck by Pelligrino & then gave him another £160m to boot & look at them now?! However we've seen in the passed that Roman takes no prisoners so he needs to make the fundamental changes necessary & quickly & that's despite the board not backing him.

For those that won't Jose out I'm intrigued to find out how long will it take before you start berating your chosen appointment when things aren't going so smoothly?

I wonder, is it the better the devil we know.....

This this and this.

I don't think he has had as bad starts but im sure Fergie oversaw runs as bad as this

This this and this.

I don't think he has had as bad starts but im sure Fergie oversaw runs as bad as this

Yes but if we are going to put up with bad season I would at least like to see good Fútbol or the intention of improvement, some youth development and someone not as controversial.

For the 3 seasons we are having with Mourinho it can easily be done by someone like pellegrini or klopp without all that noise.

Nothing this guy has done cannot be match by someone else.

Tactically speaking, Is there any reason to believe the bad spell and the terrible football won't continue? I'm not interested what Jose is or is not admitting. He is a man under pressure and his pressers just get more pointless and irrational after each bad result.

It isn't over yet, although the team must get back on track immediately, otherwise the crown is out of reach, that's right!

There is still the FA Cup, Curling Cup and the Champions-League.

Would you consider after winning one of this competitions or reaching the quarter finals in the Champions-League the season a failure?

I can only speak for myself, but cup is cup or the madness in the Champions-League and it has to be a good season,

on one condition: qualifying for the Champions-League next season!

That's a must because of economic reasons.

lets be honest. we are 11 points off and given what we are attackingly, we are never gonna be as free scoring as city, so we literally need to make a 12 point gap. so the PL is over.

yes, these competitions are there.

QF in CL would be nothing. getting a top 4 after winning the PL walking the PL, last season, we conceded the PL defence in 5 games. no progression. there is no progression in our way of play. there is no progression in integrating youth.

whats the point of a top4 place with the same team as last year after winning the PL, and then regressing so poorly. if we had taken out mikel/ramires and integrates mvg/pasalic, i would have been fine. akes, bamfords, rlcs given a chance, then it would be good. but there is not a single thing that i feel we would be "progressing" in if we simply get a top4, qf in CL and a cup.

Just need to get a run going,pick up points and ready our selves for the usual xmas crappyness

We're in a crisis. We're leaking goals and creating nothing. We're close to the relegation zone. You make it sound like there's a switch we can turn off and on and we magically start playing well again.

Yes but if we are going to put up with bad season I would at least like to see good Fútbol or the intention of improvement, some youth development and someone not as controversial.

For the 3 seasons we are having with Mourinho it can easily be done by someone like pellegrini or klopp without all that noise.

Nothing this guy has done cannot be match by someone else.

Early days but it signs are good so far in one regard with Kennedy and RLC, the other one needs work on mind

We're in a crisis. We're leaking goals and creating nothing. We're close to the relegation zone. You make it sound like there's a switch we can turn off and on and we magically start playing well again.

Cream will rise eventually, its a horrible situation right now, but we won't be next to relegation for long, whether performances will improve is doubtful, but results will sooner rather than later.

we ain't gana stay there.Better not anyway if so history repeats and all.. May struggle for top 4 but it's a long way to go and anything can happen.The likes of Man U,Liverpool, Arsenal at some point have started like this some point before.If changes were made we could start playing well again or at least half decent.Drop the crap and he needs to stop putting faith in clearly the wrong lot

It was clear after the 2nd half of last season and pre season there were issues but seemed quickly shrugged off or put down to its only pre season..it really ain't.

Our play has been so scripted and readable for so long it's hard to see exactly how, and when it will change. I certainly can't see a grind out 1-0 result coming anytime soon due to defensive frailties, and nor can I see a 2/3-0 win coming anytime soon either.

Players have been massively under-performing but in all this JM is culpable for simply not dropping these players who have under-performed for weeks now.

Jose, you claim to be 'The Special One' lets see why, and lets see some 'Balls'

Tactically speaking, Is there any reason to believe the bad spell and the terrible football won't continue? I'm not interested what Jose is or is not admitting. He is a man under pressure and his pressers just get more pointless and irrational after each bad result.

I am totally lost as to what our tactics are . I see no pattern or consistency in what we are TRYING to do .. Seems just go on the pitch and hope something good will

happen ...

we ain't gana stay there.Better not anyway if so history repeats and all.. May struggle for top 4 but it's a long way to go and anything can happen.The likes of Man U,Liverpool, Arsenal at some point have started like this some point before.If changes were made we could start playing well again or at least half decent.Drop the crap and he needs to stop putting faith in clearly the wrong lot

It was clear after the 2nd half of last season and pre season there were issues but seemed quickly shrugged off or put down to its only pre season..it really ain't.

Answer this honestly. Does Mourinho have any sort of history of being able to drag his clubs out of a quagmire?

This this and this.

Think someone flagged this up earlier in the thread, could of even been you Tomo? Fergie himself said he had to change the way Utd started the season cus Jose totally out foxed him in his first tenure, whilst that's not totally relevant to our current crisis it's something he had to address, it was indeed around that period that his team was struggling, he knew that he had to rebuild again & was given the time & patience to do so - Jose gave a list of players to the board he wanted back in April, he recognised that we needed to reinforce his squad, Utd were rewarded by backing Fergie, he didn't become a poor manager overnight & nor has Jose, of course he needs to get his shit together but he should be given wholehearted commitment from the board.

The board had 4 months, 4 KIN MONTHS to get their shit together & we end up with some late scrambled FAILED bids. Its pretty clear he isn't or should I say doesn't have the final say on transfers which to me is dangerous route to go down IMHO.