The Mourinho Thread

I actually think the opposite to the people here: Mourinho is complaining about the fans because he wants to stay longer and wants his 'living room' to be like he wishes. Otherwise he would do his job and leave without a word.

Agree with your part here. In other words I would say he 'cares' about his own team support. He is the only manager in this world, who I think brave enough to try to 'wake up' his club fans about their support.

He is basically like a person told his best friend, 'come on, come on, mate, you have to sing it louder, cheer our team up'. But he did it "Jose's way".

I have been to Stamford Bridge numerous times and every time I tried to sing or make some noise to support the team, the people around me got angry and got even aggressive. Last time, a steward threatened to throw me out if I stand up or start singing. Next to me were people sitting who may accomplish to name at least 3 players of the squad and tell their WWII stories. That's the truth.

I have been to Stamford Bridge numerous times and every time I tried to sing or make some noise to support the team, the people around me got angry and got even aggressive. Last time, a steward threatened to throw me out if I stand up or start sining. Next to me were people sitting who may accomplish toe name at least 3 players of the squad and tell their WWII stories. That's the truth.

I'm sorry but you should of started this off with "Once a upon a time"

For fucks sake man just chill out

Chelsea's fans have become a laughing stock in Germany since the Super cup final in Prague against Bayern when the Bayern fans (who themselves are known as shit in Germany regarding support) outsang the dead and quiet Chelsea fans. What an embarrassment to see fans waving plastic flags and falling asleep so the Chelsea manager has to desperately motivate them somehow.

Ive been to Selhurt park and if a stadium with half the capacity of ours is able to generate the noise it does then I can only assume our home support is utter shit.

ok that's one. What about the other 15 or so that you claim are better than ours?

Anyway, here's a few reasons Selhurst Park is perhaps louder than Stamford Bridge:

1. They are not a 'glamorous' club that tourists will go to in order to see a football match. I think if you'd come from Asia, America etc. to visit London you'd perhaps be more interested in going to watch some of the best players in a world in the most central football ground in London than head down through the slums of South London to a ground built around terraced houses and a Sainsburys. Nothing wrong with that, it is a proper football ground but is it what a tourist would want.

2. Ticket prices. The most expensive ticket price at Selhurst Park for a Category A game is £45. The cheapest for us for a Category A game is £55 unless you are in the family section. For grade B their most expensive ticket is £35 while our cheapest for Category B is £47. Add £5 to both our prices if you don't have a membership. FA Cup their tickets are £12. That is cheaper than what we charge for a child (£15). For the record it costs £30 to see us play the mighty Bradford.

In addition, it is worth mentioning that our away tickets are more expensive as for every team we are a Category A game. We also usually reach the later rounds of the cups unlike them and follow our team across Europe every year at considerable cost. Therefore for many people it isn't financially viable to go regularly. Crystal Palace's away support for games outside London is very average/poor.

3. Chelsea are reducing the number of Season Ticket holders every year by putting fewer back on sale. If 1,000 people don't renew maybe 600 are made available for members to buy. I'm unsure how much they are decreasing but it gets smaller every year. The reason for this is that the club can make more money from people paying £55 x 19 than a single fee of £880. This means more seats are available to tourists, touts etc or people who don't care. Far more people go to games who don't care than who are vocal and this means that they have more demand and so are more likely to get a ticket.

4. Crystal Palace actively encourage their fans to be vocal and help by allowing them to stand up during games. If you stand at Chelsea you get told to leave by a steward. Meanwhile down at Crystal Palace they are allowed to jump around, make large displays in the Holmesdale end and have their cringey but effective 'ultras'. The club enguages with the fans on this. Our club don't really give a shit as long as they get their money and even when we do try something they try and shoot it down claiming it is unsafe or against the law. In fact, CPFC are looking into whether they actually have to by law tell people to sit down at games. Our club wouldn't even consider looking into that.

5. Why does it matter if our home support is crap if our away support is so good? Why don't you praise that? Nearly every away team outsings home fans so it is just the norm anyway at every club.

I have been to Stamford Bridge numerous times and every time I tried to sing or make some noise to support the team, the people around me got angry and got even aggressive. Last time, a steward threatened to throw me out if I stand up or start singing. Next to me were people sitting who may accomplish to name at least 3 players of the squad and tell their WWII stories. That's the truth.

If you were sitting in the East, West or Matthew Harding Upper I'd believe you.

If you were in the Shed or Matthew Harding Lower then I'm calling bollocks on this.

and you honestly believe Stamford Bridge is the only ground with that problem?

Its even a problem in the lower leagues, i watched a few Plymouth games at Home Park when they were in The Championship and there almost as bad as The Emirates.

Chelsea's fans have become a laughing stock in Germany since the Super cup final in Prague against Bayern when the Bayern fans (who themselves are known as shit in Germany regarding support) outsang the dead and quiet Chelsea fans. What an embarrassment to see fans waving plastic flags and falling asleep so the Chelsea manager has to desperately motivate them somehow.

I think you have clicked to join the wrong forum, chosen the wrong avatar and are here on the wind up.

I'm all for freedom of speech but you are quite blatantly looking for a reaction, and if this thread, or any other descends into chaos leading back to you, then I will warn/have you removed, you are just inciting reaction and trying to cause trouble.

It's that simple.

Lol. It is not my problem if you aren't mature enough to face the truth.

I am completely behind Mourinho in this argument. He is totally right about our fans and I can just tell you: Deal with it !

Well, we won fuck all last season, you could argue it was the low point in his career, even happy-go-lucky Rui Faria had a rage fit.

Lowest point in his career or not (I'd say it that was his final season at Madrid by a huuuuuge distance) that doesn't excuse him being an absolute dickhead at times.

Honestly, I think this whole things stems from the weird complex Mourinho has with Chelsea. I genuinely think he believes that he's the biggest and best thing to happen to this club and he behaves like it.

So it seems Mourinho officially become public enemy no. 1 in the world, including Chelsea fans now?

Let me guess next, we will see Jose Out! banner, SackMourinho.com, and 'Jose Mourinho, Not Special One Anymore' flying banner during the match.

Nice read. You will never know what kind of person Jose is, until you have working together with him. Media could say he is public enemy, arrogant, etc but they do not know anything, including us.

And not just Karanka, but a lot of people who had worked with him said almost the same thing.

Either Jose is trying to rile up the home crowd(it worked last time) or he is really trying to do some patch work for the England job... Either way its getting annoying, just fucking train the team and shut the fuck up. I love Jose but he needs to start supporting those who support him.

A trophy will do the world of good for Jose, if we can pick up a few come the end of the season his attitude will change. He still has a chip on his shoulder after the disappointment of last season, which was supposed to be his triumphant return to English football; but ended in Wenger picking up silverware instead.

Agree. But we're not turn like old Abramovich, don't we? Even the boss has changed. We know that last season with the limited squad we have, plus our bad luck, we have reach the maximum possibility in every competition.

That's why this season he sorted out the big problem we have last season. If we fail to win anything again, I bet Jose will be out after the end of season.