The Mourinho Thread

I might get stick for this... but this is what I believe:

Jose hasnt done anything so far this season to make us or Roman Abramovich (who essentially wants the same thing as us: Good football and trophies) feel satisfied. Dont get me wrong. I love Jose as much as the next person but I didnt expect this start to the season. Points and unattractive football is one thing, unattractive football and no points is another. He's struggled to find the correct combination in midfield and hasnt made our defense as immaculate as we expected from him. If any other manager had a start like this (especially at moments like the home loss to Basel or the shocking performance against Newcastle) we'd be on his ass !!

Di Matteo and Rafa had us playing free flowing, enjoyable football and seemed to keep most of our players happy. Yes this didnt result in a particularly successful campaign but there were times in last seasons campaign where we looked unplayable. For example, Utd at Home in the prem before the 2 sendings off and the 2 Utd goals. The second half against Utd in the FA Cup. The first half of the Arsenal game at home in the League. West Ham at home for the entire game and for the first half in the away game. Villa at the Bridge. We were electrifying for the most part of the first 3 months in the league.

The one game that we played champagne football so far this season was the Hull City (who were alot like a deer in the headlights if you ask me) match at home and that wasn't the entire game, that was only for the first half. On the flip side, there were performances like the Newcastle game, the United game, the Everton game, Basel, West Brom which were all poor displays either at the back or offensively.

With all the talent at Jose's disposal, I and surely the entire TC community expected better.

Calm down....We're not even half way down the season.

Cometh the time, cometh the man.

I know this has been said quite a lot but, as long as we don't fix the pivot or change line up, we won't get any better ever ... in his current position, lampard will never be as good as dembele, paulinho, fernandiniho or even arteta ...

That's what I've been saying since forever really, we have a really sub-par pivot and all the other sides know that, it's the only reason why we haven't clicked.

WTF. Mou is back, he is unbeliveable, he made Mikel score guys and made him play pretty well and much more consistent so far, he adressed nearly all problems.

He has two points which he is totally wron at IMHO but still, I FULLY trust him, I thought it was a bit of banter from ppl. but he isnt Rafa he isn't AVB he loves this club and he said directly and immidiatly that this team isn't complete that he will struggle that he doesn't expect us to win anything but he will TRY to win everything, so he was completely honest and still we've gote some ppl. questioning him, what 3 Month into the season? We're 4 Points from top-spot and CL-Groupleaders, am I really still the fan of that club that loved to be at the CL, even if they didn't win it?

OK expectation have risen, but still, get real. Mou was honest, after he left many many things went wrong, we even had such world class players as Tal Ben-Haim and Mineiro at our disposal at one point if I may call your memories. He said he will give his all and that this will be his toughest job but he loves the club and he want to bring stability.

He is Manager and not technical director, he isn't at fault for buying 435.78 Attacking players and not buying one single capable CM.

His two wrong points, keeping playing lampard, he has a bit part role and he should do his legendary state a favour. SFL I honour what you've done, I will hold you as one of the best Players ever alongside Zidane, Ronaldinho, Pirlo etc., but there was always a time. As an affect of this, he keeps Mikel on the bench, and shackles Rambo. The other point is in my opinion to play Oscar as #10 and keep mata on the Bench. I've often said, I think Oscar would be great as CM and Mata just HAS to play, not because of his PAST, he played pretty well in nearly every game, only when he had to play on the wings he wasn't that little genius we know.

Still, in Mou I trust, I've dreamed about him comeing back for soooo long and I'm left in disbelief.

@Clevemayer, Exactly that ... I want Mou to be here for years to come, I really like the guy and after the Catalan cunt left us hanging, I'm gratified with our fate with JM as our coach. It has become such a cliche saying this but its very very frustrating to see a pivot not working hard to press, tackle or start attacks at chelsea.. a pivot that's the least talented among teams not just in the top 6 but I dare say the entire upper half of the table ... attacking midfielders as gifted as the ones we're blessed to have deserves a much better midfielder pair than they're getting right now ... and I'm tiered of convincing folks that all this aint hating on Lampard, I've a great deal of love and respect for the guy, I'm a chelsea fan fcs... but when its over, it is OVER

@Clevemayer, Exactly that ... I want Mou to be here for years to come, I really like the guy and after the Catalan cunt left us hanging, I'm gratified with our fate with JM as our coach. It has become such a cliche saying this but its very very frustrating to see a pivot not working hard to press, tackle or start attacks at chelsea.. a pivot that's the least talented among teams not just in the top 6 but I dare say the entire upper half of the table ... attacking midfielders as gifted as the ones we're blessed to have deserves a much better midfielder pair than they're getting right now ... and I'm tiered of convincing folks that all this aint hating on Lampard, I've a great deal of love and respect for the guy, I'm a chelsea fan fcs... but when its over, it is OVER

Absolutely spot on. 10/10 post.

Its just strange how i rarely see us linked with a CM, strange really.

I don't get it either. Mourinho had great CMs at his disposal at Inter and RM - some of which brilliant players. He knows they're important, still he doesn't seem to be targeting on any?

Just look at RM... they're one team when Xabi plays and another when he doesn't... the former far superior than the latter.

I don't get it either. Mourinho had great CMs at his disposal at Inter and RM - some of which brilliant players. He knows they're important, still he doesn't seem to be targeting on any?

Just look at RM... they're one team when Xabi plays and another when he doesn't... the former far superior than the latter.

I'm sure he can see the glaring difference between ours and his past teams. I just dont know why its so overlooked.

He normally has someone that sits deep, tough tackling and spreads long passes. None of lampard, ramires, essien are any of that type of player. How is he not seeing this.

I thought he was going to mould mikel to that, but he's trying to mould lampard to that instead, its not his natural game. Its more natural for mikel imo

I'm sure he can see the glaring difference between ours and his past teams. I just dont know why its so overlooked.

He normally has someone that sits deep, tough tackling and spreads long passes. None of lampard, ramires, essien are any of that type of player. How is he not seeing this.

I thought he was going to mould mikel to that, but he's trying to mould lampard to that instead, its not his natural game. Its more natural for mikel imo

I will be shocked if Mourinho isn't looking at options, either that or he has some grand master plan to move Kevin De Bruyne there eventually.

Its just strange how i rarely see us linked with a CM, strange really.

It is because Jose is shit, cant you see it?

We were definitely better with TFSW, we were world beaters with the free flowing football we were playing. We obviously need him back. GO RAFA!

:whistling:

We were definitely better with TFSW, we were world beaters with the free flowing football we were playing. We obviously need him back. GO RAFA!

Tbh i think some people will always have the grass is greener complex.

When we got Rafa, people wished we got Redknapp instead :lol:

When Anelka left and we went on a bad run, all off a sudden he was the answer to all our woes.

No thanks. I'll take mourinho over free flowing football and 15 points of the top of the table :lol:

No thanks. I'll take mourinho over free flowing football and 15 points of the top of the table :lol:

Atleast when Adam Le Fondre made it 2-2 in the last minute for Reading these anti Mourinho's could atleast go home and say we were playing free flowing football :ph34r:

On a serious note, i wasn't even anti Rafa i thought he did a good job under the circumstances, but there seems to be this myth creeping in that things were all great under the Spaniard, which couldn't be further from the truth.

What's also conveniently ignored is Rafa himself was beyond cautious at times with Liverpool, if he got to put together his own team with us, i can bet every penny i have we would not be playing like Brazil.