The Mourinho Thread

11 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm pretty sure that ITV did that documentary about him taking over from Moyes while his personal life was all over the media super injunctions etc. The B.B.C did that show I never watched it about him and Scholes etc taking over Salford City and of course the Class of 92 love in. The English media loves Man United they gave so little attention to us pre Moscow it was like Man United were playing a Turkish club and not another English club. I didn't buy a paper or go online to news sites for a week after Moscow. We are bound to get the obligatory documentary on the BBC when Mourinho joins Man United something like '' The special one comes to the theatre of dreams'' or some such bollocks.

True, and there would be the same bias/love in if it were the Murderers.

You start to think yernited would never let Giggs take the helm due to opposition supporters chants :D

''He fucked his brothers wife, he fucked his brothers wife, for 8 fucking years, he fucked his brothers wife''

On 24.5.2016 at 1:39 PM, Mana said:

If you want real love, look at Terry and Drogba.

With each passing year this becomes clearer and clearer. As Martin Tyler put it after Drogba scored the pen in Munich, Drogba is immortal at this football club (and so is CLL of course).

9 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

With each passing year this becomes clearer and clearer. As Martin Tyler put it after Drogba scored the pen in Munich, Drogba is immortal at this football club (and so is CLL of course).

Said it before, Mourinho is all about his ego. 

Drogba and Terry are actually lovers of the club. 

That being said I'm not mad about Mourinho going to United. I knew what Mourinho was all about, so it's just normal business. 

The one being mad and all that stuff are the ones that are actually shocked because they bought into all his talk....

Is Jose Mourinho right for Manchester United? | THE BIG DEBATE

video by : The football republic

video length : 22:41

Adam McKola from FullTimeDEVILS, Kris Heneage and Muhammed from Squawka join us to debate whether Jose Mourinho is the right man for Manchester United, with the Portuguese set to be confirmed as manager this week!

46 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

But really though, Mourinho is a manager so what do you expect? He just says things. He's practically a politician.

It's different with players. Because of the visible impact they can have and because of long periods of time they can play for a single club.

Drogba, Terry, Cole, Essien are players who didn't want to play for any other English clubs. And because of that they are more special in the eyes of fans.

Lampard and Cech weren't willing to make such a sacrifice, which is perfectly fine, but yeah, the love isn't quite as pure and strong as it once was.

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

I don't think any body who catches feelings for a club to a point they are one of us can join a rival, I'm trying to see it from their perspectives but it's hard, if I played for Galatasaray and built such a connection with the club and fans, I just cannot for the life of me ever want to risk what I built by joining Fenebache. How could Cech even look at Arsenal after 11 years at Chelsea? He could still have a family life in London and play anywhere in Western Europe, this is 2016, I read somewhere that Ronaldo goes to see a friend in Morroco a few times a week, Cech could have stayed living in London play abroad, Rafa is another one that did it when he was at Madrid and Naples.

I dont see how many are so relaxed about our legends going to rivals, it's happened three years in a row which is unheard off in the football world, I appreciate what they did for this club and I'd never hate them, but their will always be the elephant in the room.

Cech, Lampard and?

10 hours ago, Tomo said:

I dont see how many are so relaxed about our legends going to rivals, it's happened three years in a row which is unheard off in the football world, I appreciate what they did for this club and I'd never hate them, but their will always be the elephant in the room.

except in Germany for starters, where clubs such as Dortmund lose their best players to Bayern most seasons

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Deal still some way from being over from what is being reported. Apparently we (Chelsea football club) own the name 'Jose Mourinho' which is creating some legal issues. 

CjNjdqHWgAARv2f.jpg 

We own his name?! :lol: What the fuck is that 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Jose, despite what's about to happen hes still our greatest manager.

Ahh, I thought I missed someone from before.

For me, managers are different. They are free to go wherever they want. People like Ferguson, Wenger, Cruijff are rarities with special bonds to their clubs. I never felt Mourinho possessed such a connection with Chelsea so the Man Utd move doesn't surprise nor bother me the slightest.

you know what i would love to do is find a time machine and go back to the past from in another multiverse of earth's past to see what would happen if Chelsea never got Jose Mourinho from 2004-2007 and see how different things would be for Chelsea now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Mourinho

List of Chelsea F.C. managers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chelsea_F.C._managers

Name                 Nationality       From              To                                  M      W       D     L      F        A       Win %

José Mourinho     Portugal       2 June 2004    19 September 2007    185    124    40    21    330    119    67 %

5 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Deal still some way from being over from what is being reported. Apparently we (Chelsea football club) own the name 'Jose Mourinho' which is creating some legal issues. 

CjNjdqHWgAARv2f.jpg 

That's ok he can be called Cunty McFuckface at Utd - will fit right in ???

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

Ahh, I thought I missed someone from before.

For me, managers are different. They are free to go wherever they want. People like Ferguson, Wenger, Cruijff are rarities with special bonds to their clubs. I never felt Mourinho possessed such a connection with Chelsea so the Man Utd move doesn't surprise nor bother me the slightest.

It would've annoyed me if he left us to go there but seeing as he'd been sacked free to do whatever he wants.Never know had Man U sacked Fergie he might have gone to another English rival club. He made clear he wanted to go there especially when Fergie went and now got his wish.Just surprised he didnt go at that time

3 hours ago, Kieran. said:

We own his name?! :lol: What the fuck is that 

Apparently his signature too! 

Don't ask me, copyright crap makes less than zero sense to me. How the hell you can own information is beyond me...