Chelsea 2-4 Bradford

Jase

Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Anybody who watched the game did he close down after 2:0 or did he play open till end? If thats so, do we have so bad defence and mentality that we cant keep such lead even against lower teams while playing more open?

It happend several times now; City, United, Totenham, Bradford, Liverpool; we were leading, but didnt win in end, bit worrying.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the sentiment but absolutely not.

The mark of a big team is being able to compete on more than one front. For the amount we pay our players and for our players there's no excuses not to have the depth to be able to juggle PL, CL & LC commitments. That's why it frustrates me when guys like Van Gaal and even Mourinho at times complain about the schedule. It's pretty weak that your players who make over £70,000/week aren't fit enough to play 2 matches a week lmao.

I'm obviously speaking hypothetically. If someone offered me the Premier League and that only, I'd bite their arm off.

Everytime I see people complaining like "see, I told you that this is what happens if you keep asking for the youth to be given a chance" I want to punch myself in the face and throw my laptop out the window.

Right now, can people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop calling for youth and 10 players to be rotated for every game?

Mourinho has been proved right today, no rotation = better results.

If that's proof that he's right not to use other players, then it's also proof that he's not up to the job. Because a second string Chelsea side should be able to put Bradford to the sword no problem. The idea that Mourinho's failures are proof that you shouldn't use youth is absurd.

Right now, can people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop calling for youth and 10 players to be rotated for every game?

Mourinho has been proved right today, no rotation = better results.

This might actually be a blessing in disguise in the long run, if we can focus on other competitions more.

I will be ok with this ONLY, ONLY, if we win on Tuesday and Saturday now. If so then this will be forgiven.

Absolutely. Introducing two new faces in the back 4 obviously showed its downside. No more drastic rotation please, at least in the back 4 ( should go with our usual 5 players for those 4 positions)

If that's proof that he's right not to use other players, then it's also proof that he's not up to the job. Because a second string Chelsea side should be able to put Bradford to the sword no problem. The idea that Mourinho's failures are proof that you shouldn't use youth is absurd.

I agree with you, but I wonder which youth are people talking about. Is Cech youth? Is Cahill youth? Is, basically, anyone who played today, except Christiansen and Zouma, youth?

And this is the problem. The complacency in this team is going over Mourinho's head at times because he's a man of loyalty. If you're loyal to Mourinho, he returns the favour. Guys like Ivanovic and Cahill shouldn't be the core of this team but they persevere. I was, in fact, amazed that Essien was allowed to leave because of the paternal relationship José had with Essien.. But you see a 36-year old Drogba leading the line, when Loiic Remy is right there more than capable of doing the same job! With Drogba set to retire this season, it wouldn't surprise me if Mourinho convinced the club to offer him another year.

This is what worries me the most. I fear we will end up with a team that shows hardly any loyalty at all... someone that can touch the heart of Mourinho, like Terry and Drogba have done. This is the reason why we've been able to see success at our club. You could be right.. I reckon Mourinho will convince either Terry or Drogba to see out another year at the club when this season ends... unless he can see improvement from the other folk, I can see this as a reality.

Fabregas shows some signs that he can lead the line, particularly when he's had previous experience at it with Arsenal. What's more, he qualifies as a homegrown player. I'd like to see players like him develop a relationship with Mourinho. I mean it's not exactly a difficult thing to do. Any top-quality player would love to play for Mourinho, you just got to look at all the trophies he has won with the clubs he's managed!

Just feel so sorry for Zouma. Looked so dejected at full time. Hobbled off after being the only player to applaud the fans. He was head and shoulders above everyone today, winning everything and playing with such passion.

He played as a second striker after it went to 3-2 and won loads of flick ons too. He missed a chance he should have scored but I don't care because he put in absolutely everything. He deserved better.

Maybe Willian could learn a bit from him. Strolled around the pitch with hardly any urgency.

I get the sentiment but come on... Losing to Liverpool at home in a semi? ugly. I want the league this year too!

I hate Liverpool just as much as the next Chelsea fan does, but you have to ask yourself a question. Do you waste energy over a loss in a competition not worth bragging about.. or would you like to see your club win another Premier League title and continue to envisage success each year?

I know what I'd like to see!

This is what worries me the most. I fear we will end up with a team that shows hardly any loyalty at all... someone that can touch the heart of Mourinho, like Terry and Drogba have done. This is the reason why we've been able to see success at our club. You could be right.. I reckon Mourinho will convince either Terry or Drogba to see out another year at the club when this season ends... unless he can see improvement from the other folk, I can see this as a reality.

Fabregas shows some signs that he can lead the line, particularly when he's had previous experience at it with Arsenal. What's more, he qualifies as a homegrown player. I'd like to see players like him develop a relationship with Mourinho. I mean it's not exactly a difficult thing to do. Any top-quality player would love to play for Mourinho, you just got to look at all the trophies he has won with the clubs he's managed!

The young kids will be. If I was at the Academy as a youngster I would look up to Mourinho, Terry, Drogba...that is where the blue blood flows. Most of the team is loyal, I believe, and loves this club for what it is. Costa, Hazard, Terry, Drogs, Matic, Cesc...they will be here for the rest of their careers, if they want to, and that's why it's so special. Even if we win fuck all, I still love the team, I still love Mou, I still love the effort the team puts in every match. Even if sometimes we don't get repaid for it.

From the highlights:

- I'm not sure there was much that we could have done about the first goal we conceded; it was just a great strike.

- For the second goal we conceded, Zouma loses out in an aerial duel, and someone (Azpi or Remy?) has left their man free at the far post.

- Third goal: Azpi allows the cross in, it isn't cut out, and Ramires vacates a good position on the edge of the box to attempt an unnecessary tackle on the man in possession (this leaves space free for the goalscorer to run into)

- Fourth goal: From a counter? Players aren't in position, and Willian fails to track his man into the box (I think he was expecting Cahill to cover the run).

Yes Zouma and Christensen have to win the first ball on the long throw. But Cahill completely ignores his man, which means Azpi has to leave his and try to cover for Cahill.

The goal is not Azpi's fault. It's Zouma, Cahill, and Christensen's and to some degree Remy's too because he too far from the action when tracking back

1)Those who are saying they don't care, are not true Chelsea fans. Before the bad run of games, everyone was expecting the quadruple, now the tone has changed....

2) This is indeed a worrying matter, this game will psychologically effect us.

1) Let's not go there, okay?

2) It will affect the players psychologically only if they let it. Part of having a winning mentality is the ability to shrug a bad defeat off. If you let a defeat affect you badly, you're mentally weak(I'm talking about our players obviously).