Chelsea 2-4 Bradford

Jase

Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Sorry, completely disagree. Those three - or at least those two first should do a lot of things in 20 minutes against a third division team. If they didn't it may have not been down to them, but at how bad collectively we were - but they should have to be able to score one goal against such a team. It doesn't sound like Bradford were impressive parking a bus (not even sure they actually parked a bus at all as commentary was awful), but like we weren't into this, or weren't sharp or whatever. Probably the same old story from last season when we lost to Villa, Palace, Sunderland and drew against the likes of those too.

Having not seen the game, it's hard to judge, but from the commentary it sounded like those three created a lot of chances after they came on. We were just unlucky and Drogba apparently missed a sitter.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Is it actually possible to award MotM to anyone? Don't think anyone can say they were consistently good and/or didn't fuck things up.

- I love the bloke, but by all accounts it sounds like Didier was fucking useless today.

- In terms of the implications of this loss, I don't really give a fuck that we are out. If we win on Tuesday and Saturday then I'll be happy. The good news is we now have less games to worry about; no excuses for not winning EPL and/or CL now!
- It's not good that Oscar and Cahill played 90 and Willian, Hazard and Fabregas were all subbed on!
- I think this result shows up our lack of depth.
- It's gonna hurt if Arsenal or Liverpool go on to win this competition, I will be firmly behind the minnows now!
- I'm a bit concerned by one recurring theme in all of our losses this season, that being a rapid disintegration when pressured. We saw it at Newcastle with Cisse's burst, a quick run from Tottenham and conceding 4 in a row today.

- The goal before HT is not so bad, but the fact that when Bradford came at us hard after the break, we couldn't wrestle back momentum and ended up conceding 3 thereafter...

I think a result such as this has been coming for a while, and, If anything, it will shake us up.. but an even more positive thing about this loss, is that now we have enough time to focus on other important competitions, such as the League and Champions League.

The team shouldn't need such shake ups like this. Last season we went trophyless, a phenomenon we're not so used to after the succession of silver for the last decade or so we've come to enjoy. Not to mention half this team aren't even title winners and should be hungry as anything for it.

To be 2-0 up and then concede 4 goals to a club who are two leagues lower than us is simply unacceptable. The team put out today was more than capable of holding a 2-0 or even 2-1 lead without inflicting any serious problems.

Not good enough. After making Liverpool look like Real Madrid last week, something's got to change.

- It's not good that Oscar and Cahill played 90 and Willian, Hazard and Fabregas were all subbed on!

Matic didn't play however.

I recall someone here said, we're bollocks if Matic isn't there playing in the holding role... and whoever said that I agree with them!

My God that was shocking. Diabolical team defending. for 3 of those goals we had about 8 players in the box with no one man marking and closing down shooting angles. Just very one panicking and running around cluelessly in the box.

By the look of things we sat back defended deep

Nothing to do with youth or rotation. Just pathetic tactics, a pathetic performance and a pathetic result. No excuse. We have some quality that papers over the cracks but some of the tactics Mou has applied, the motivation, the attitude of some players just are flawed.

At least win the bloody COC now.

Forget it, just like the Spurs game and win the following two home games. By the way, City's defense was surely not better than ours today, and I did not see the Chelsea game.

Middlesbrough are a good side and will likely be in the Prem next season. City had a lot of clear-cut chances and were unlucky not to score. We conceded 4 goals to a Ligue 1 side after going 2-0 up at home.

I recall someone here said, we're bollocks if Matic isn't there playing in the holding role... and whoever said that I agree with them!

Totally agree, but I was meaning it's bad for Tuesday - the script was for all of the aforementioned blokes to get an easy ride today!

Well all Mikel detractors (myself included) have been pointing out that Mikel cannot be considered good enough if he can't adequately replace Matic. And he cannot.