Jase

Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still need Cuadrado though. The defense will sort itself out. It's the lack of quality in attack without certain players or when those certain players are not at their best that worries me more.

Best form of defence is attack :) - lol

We need some new blood to freshen the place up :)

We've been bad for a while - and we've done well to be where we are now..

Couple of players out, some new in and we could kickstart the season Again!

Our start has really fucked us up - over confident - now paying the price.

We need to buy a couple of 'winners' to get us over the line and show the team how to win - once they get that mentality, will be hard to stop us...

Thing is Muzchap, we shouldn't need new blood so soon. This team is capable of being the likes of fucking Bradford and Liverpool! Even fringe players like Salah should be capable of delivering on such a low stage.

If this was June, I'd say okay time to freshen up. But it's January and these players should be concentrating more than ever with the closing stages of these competitions coming quickly..

We need some new blood to freshen the place up :)

We've been bad for a while - and we've done well to be where we are now..

Couple of players out, some new in and we could kickstart the season Again!

Our start has really fucked us up - over confident - now paying the price.

We need to buy a couple of 'winners' to get us over the line and show the team how to win - once they get that mentality, will be hard to stop us...

We're five points clear in the league, what the hell are you talking about? kickstart the season again? "mentality"? "freshen the place up"? ridiculous.

The games against Liverpool, City and PSG will be very important. This team is ready to challenge for the treble, but their mentality must be tested now. In 2004-07 we had leaders in Drogba, Terry, Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Cole. This season we've got Fabregas, Terry, Drogba. Leaders must emerge.. It's now or never for some of these guys.

I see where you're coming from. If you look at our youth setup, I don't see a single player that can emulate the mentality that Terry, Lampard and Cole (and maybe even Ivanovic) have envisaged in recent years. I suppose you can throw into the mix, our lack of English players we have too. The core of every club, is to have a local sentimental figure that can spur up a dressing room. These being your Gerrards, your Terrys, your Rooneys.

We've had players like McEachran and Cork come and go.. right now, we have people like Loftus-Cheek who seem to show a few promises, but in no way are they born-leaders. I certainly don't want to see us go down the route of Arsenal, who have failed to recognise any kind of leader in their side (when they weren't winning trophies).

Looking at a club like Southampton. They ooze talent everywhere you look, and at the same time, they make profits on players that have been nurtured by them over the years.. yet their talent still seems to shine in all the right places. Kinda tells you straight why they've been able to hold their own in the Premier League so far.

We still need Cuadrado though. The defense will sort itself out. It's the lack of quality in attack without certain players or when those certain players are not at their best that worries me more.

I doubt it will. We can't hold onto leads, and it has cost us in many games this season. If I had the choice of getting a WC CB or decent RWF this month, I'd want the former.

I agree Middlesbrough are a pretty decent side but City were dire in attack. I don't know how you can say they had a lot of clear-cut chances. They had 1 or 2 clear chances - the Lampard shot that hit the post and the Boyata fluffed shot inside the area. If anything City were very lucky to lose by 2 goals.

Dire in attack? They completely dominated and a goal looked inevitable, especially in the first half where Middlesbrough were having to scramble the ball clear on a lot of occassions. Still City should be grateful to us for deflecting the attention away from their result.

I see where you're coming from. If you look at our youth setup, I don't see a single player that can emulate the mentality that Terry, Lampard and Cole (and maybe even Ivanovic) have envisaged in recent years. I suppose you can throw into the mix, our lack of English players we have too. The core of every club, is to have a local sentimental figure that can spur up a dressing room. These being your Gerrards, your Terrys, your Rooneys.

We've had players like McEachran and Cork come and go.. right now, we have people like Loftus-Cheek who seem to show a few promises, but in no way are they born-leaders. I certainly don't want to see us go down the route of Arsenal, who have failed to recognise any kind of leader in their side (when they weren't winning trophies).

It's very difficult to predict such traits though. Remember when Ivanovic first came to the limelight? He was just filling in because of suspensions/injuries and managed to score two-headers past Liverpool in the Champions League. He was quite unknown and we weren't really sure as to his qualities. Eventually he started coming across as a vocal guy.

The same can be done for any number of players who just need to find their confidence in this team. I look to the likes of Matic, Hazard & Azpilicueta to find their voices and their leadership qualities to grab games by the scruff of the neck. But to also spur the other players on and, if need be, whip them into shape. Like you see Rooney do sometimes.

I'm not angry about being knocked out of the FA Cup. I'm angry that we have a fantastic youth team that has dominated for nearly a fucking decade and it's being overlooked for shit like Mikel, Salah and a hell of a lot of players that are getting paid way too much who do not understand the FA Cup and English football on a cold awkward night. We struggles enough against Shrewsbury.

We have a great first team that cannot play 70 games a season. The fringe / squad players are not good enough. Who can come off the bench and change a game? Schurrle can to some degree but who else? We were shit against Bolton, the first half against Watford was shameful, Shrewsbury was poor and now been battered by Bradford?

How much is this squad worth? It's disgusting!

I love the FA Cup and i'm so glad for the Bradford fans and their manager and owner but this shouldn't happen to us at home. I'm embarrassed.

Saw the highlights. To those that saw the game, was the defending in the whole game as bad as in the snipets of highlights? Those finishes by Bradford were great though, still a proper football team should not let any opposing players get into those positions.

Sounds like a waste of time, glad I didn't wake up at 4 am in the morning for this. What a waste.

But we are not alone. City, Spurs, Swansea also out.