Chelsea 2-4 Bradford

Jase

Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Listening to the commentary its sounds like Zouma and Christensen played on the same side. Makes no sense, you're playing an inexperienced player out of position and you play him next to another inexperienced player.

Didn't ask my mate if Zouma and Christensen really played next to each other, but if it's true, that really makes little sense. They were probably nervous and with Cahill leading the defence... Cahill doesn't exactly radiate confidence either. Come to think of it, it's not such a big surprise our defending was so disorganized.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't ask my mate if Zouma and Christensen really played next to each other, but if it's true, that really makes little sense. They were probably nervous and with Cahill leading the defence... Cahill doesn't exactly radiate confidence either. Come to think of it, it's not such a big surprise our defending was so disorganized.

They did play next to each other IIRC. Thought Zouma was better than Cahill today myself

Just saw the highlights...what shitty marking for the last two goals. Can't believe Azpilicueta was also involved in both of them...Leaving a player unmarked in penalty box, and beaten for the cross that lead to the next..totally unlike the team to defend that way, and sparks memories of the Spurs game were everything went to pot, with opposition making the most with beautiful finishes. Their first goal was some fantastic shot.

I blame Mourinho because before the game he said it's not in Chelsea's DNA to lose these types of games, he said other managers prefer to have the extra day of rest before the next EPL matchday

He set this team up for failure...and that's exactly what happened. I bet Liverpool are delighted with our defense, they'll probably score 3 or 4 in the league cup as well

Listening to the commentary its sounds like Zouma and Christensen played on the same side. Makes no sense, you're playing an inexperienced player out of position and you play him next to another inexperienced player.

Especially when Ake could have played Left back as well and Christensen/Azpilicueta at right back.

I blame Mourinho because before the game he said it's not in Chelsea's DNA to lose these types of games, he said other managers prefer to have the extra day of rest before the next EPL matchday

He set this team up for failure...and that's exactly what happened. I bet Liverpool are delighted with our defense, they'll probably score 3 or 4 in the league cup as well

LOL you made my day :D

5th of November Maribor 1-1 Chelsea. Everyone are saying we played terrible and we really did. Next game? Big game vs Liverpool.

8th of Novemmer Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. Nuff said. We live for these big games.

Maybe he tried to motivate us?

10854369_873286096067762_136961426442824

What was Cahill doing before the 4th goal? Trying to hide behind Christensen?

LOL it's easy to blame Cahill these days but wait... Wasn't it Christensen who maybe had to block that pass? Oh yh it's our young lad. Right, blame Cahill.

LOL it's easy to blame Cahill these days but wait... Wasn't it Christensen who maybe had to block that pass? Oh yh it's our young lad. Right, blame Cahill.

Right, Christensen was the man to block that pass.. But Cahill was the man to mark Yeates.

Have just seen the highlights and my god, the defending for all the 4 goals was truly abysmal and shambolic. Non-existent marking, no pressure on the ball, players caught ball watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYvheJE7rgE

1. Stead may have scored a good goal but Ramires was beaten far too easily when he attempted to close him down. Moreover, why wasn't there anyone else helping Ramires to put pressure on the ball? Mikel, especially, took ages to come out with everyone dropping so deep.

2. Everyone got sucked towards the ball and Morais was left completely unmarked at the far post with the goal at his mercy. The organization then was shocking!

3. Azpilicueta allowed the cross to come in so easily and then, where was the protection or defence in that D-area? Halliday just arrived out of nowhere and smashed the ball in. Who on earth was supposed to track him?!

4. This goal summed up the debacle that happened. We have 5 players back and only 2 Bradford players attacked and yet, we somehow allowed them to waltz through our defence to score. Everyone kept looking on the ball and not one bothered to track the run of Yeates, when he can clearly be seen running past few of the players but they didn't seem to notice him. Even a blind person could see that run and know what needs to be done!