Jase

Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who are saying they don't care, are not true Chelsea fans. Before the bad run of games, everyone was expecting the quadruple, now the tone has changed....

This is indeed a worrying matter, this game will psychologically effect us.

So you're questioning my loyalty to Chelsea Football Club because I'm nonplussed about the FA Cup?

You have my permission to go and fuck yourself.

The young kids will be. If I was at the Academy as a youngster I would look up to Mourinho, Terry, Drogba...that is where the blue blood flows. Most of the team is loyal, I believe, and loves this club for what it is. Costa, Hazard, Terry, Drogs, Matic, Cesc...they will be here for the rest of their careers, if they want to, and that's why it's so special. Even if we win fuck all, I still love the team, I still love Mou, I still love the effort the team puts in every match. Even if sometimes we don't get repaid for it.

If the young kids show as much admiration to Mourinho as you say they do, then someone needs to take a good look at our youth academy because at the moment, it seems like none of the players that do come through (a la Loftus-Cheek) are getting enough chances. They're just getting whisked out on loan to clubs. But then what do you do when those sorts of players give you results like the one today? Mourinho immediately goes back to the players he relies on to get the wins.

I don't think money should be spent on top-quality players this summer. I think the youth setup seriously needs to be looked at. Because if anything, if we start splashing the cash on players we'll ruin our good FFP status. Use the money in places where it is most needed. In this case, our youth! This has been dawned upon for years now, and nothing has been done about it! We need to take a leaf out of Southampton's book.

Those who are saying they don't care, are not true Chelsea fans.

You need to think before you spew out crap like that!

I don't care about the League Cup, but I do care about us leaving the League Cup behind and seeing us win the league. No I'm definitely not a true Chelsea fan when I say that.

Grow up!

Can we stop labeling people based on their reactions in difficult situations? Everyone gets angry and mad and everyone says stupid things once in a while, but, in my opinion, it is very wrong and disrespectful to say that someone is less of a fan or not a real fan just because they say some stupid random crap at one point.

And this is the problem. The complacency in this team is going over Mourinho's head at times because he's a man of loyalty. If you're loyal to Mourinho, he returns the favour. Guys like Ivanovic and Cahill shouldn't be the core of this team but they persevere. I was, in fact, amazed that Essien was allowed to leave because of the paternal relationship José had with Essien.. But you see a 36-year old Drogba leading the line, when Loiic Remy is right there more than capable of doing the same job! With Drogba set to retire this season, it wouldn't surprise me if Mourinho convinced the club to offer him another year.

Blah blah, your rants are getting boring.

Our attack wasn't the problem in this game, it was the defense. And Remy was partly at fault on the second goal for failing to track back as he was playing on left attack.

Remy is good, but not what you are trying to make him out to be. He is a pacy forward player who needs space. He has terrible hold up play and his link up play is not good either. That's why he plays in games where we have plenty of space.

Drogba might be old, but his hold play, link up play, and aerial play are superior to Remy's. That why he plays in games where teams sit back and we don't have enough space.

It's simple common sense mate, not your foolish hullabaloo

I don't want to tell others how you should or shouldn't support the team but I don't understand how people can say it is funny or they don't care. We were schooled by a league 1 team. FA cup or league the display was totally unacceptable.

Why don't you care when we lose? If you only care when we win what's the point in supporting us? It is the emotional rollercoaster that makes it enjoyable. this was the lowest point for me for a game at Stamford Bridge and I know our older fans have had far worse. I know that experiencing the shower of shite we saw today will make a victory of a major trophy feel even better. If I turned a blind eye to a defeat like this and didn't get upset then celebrated like mad if we win the league in may I'd feel slightly guilty. Each to their own though.

Once again huge credit to Bradford and their fans.

Blah blah, your rants are getting boring.

Our attack wasn't the problem in this game, it was the defense. And Remy was partly at fault on the second goal for failing to track back as he was playing on left attack.

Remy is good, but not what you are trying to make him out to be. He is a pacy forward player who needs space. He has terrible hold up play and his link up play is not good either. That's why he plays in games where we have plenty of space.

Drogba might be old, but his hold play, link up play, and aerial play are superior to Remy's. That why he plays in games where teams sit back and we don't have enough space.

It's simple common sense mate, not your foolish hullabaloo

It's often funny to read retorts that are immature and hide behind usual rhetoric :lol: - Grow up.

If you look at my post and what I was discussing witht the user I quoted, you'll see my comments weren't exclusive to this game for their entiretiy. The Drogba comment was an example of the point I was making to the user.

Jog on :lol:

I don't want to tell others how you should or shouldn't support the team but I don't understand how people can say it is funny or they don't care. We were schooled by a league 1 team. FA cup or league the display was totally unacceptable.

Why don't you care when we lose? If you only care when we win what's the point in supporting us? It is the emotional rollercoaster that makes it enjoyable. this was the lowest point for me for a game at Stamford Bridge and I know our older fans have had far worse. I know that experiencing the shower of shite we saw today will make a victory of a major trophy feel even better. If I turned a blind eye to a defeat like this and didn't get upset then celebrated like mad if we win the league in may I'd feel slightly guilty. Each to their own though.

There's a difference between not caring when we lose and thinking of the bigger picture. Don't get me wrong: I'm not happy that we are out of the Cup, and I'm definitely not happy about the humiliating defeat, but in the long run, it might be a good thing for us, considering that City are also out. We can't afford our first team players to tire out, because as it was proven, our squad players aren't good enough. We can't compete in 4 competitions without our XI players getting tired and losing form. They're already feeling tired. We're overplaying Matic-Fabregas-Hazard as it is already because we don't have adequate replacements in our squad.

I want to win the league. Anything else is a very nice bonus.

Dire in attack? They completely dominated and a goal looked inevitable, especially in the first half where Middlesbrough were having to scramble the ball clear on a lot of occassions. Still City should be grateful to us for deflecting the attention away from their result.

City were mostly restricted to long shots from the edge of the box. There were only about two occasions where Middlesborough were scrambling, which is expected of a team of City's quality but saying that they created many clear cut chances isn't an accurate reflection of the game. Their final ball was poor and it was too easy for the Middlesbrough defence to make interceptions. Honestly If it were Chelsea that played that way I highly doubt you'd be saying, "we dominated" "a goal looked inevitable" "we were just unlucky to score". No you'd be talking about how we had 11 corners and barely posed a threat or about how most of our chances were long shots or about how our midfield was overrun by championship opposition or about how we were lucky we didn't lose by more goals.

I think a lot of times you judge the performances of this team through pessimistic-tinted glasses. It's only natural to be harder on the club you support but sometimes you remind me of those parents who are always moaning about their kids but constantly praising their friends' children. This isn't a slight on you, just an observation. Maybe you should loosen up a bit? I always feel this sense of impending doom whenever I read your posts!

Well that was good... :/

Tube with the Bradford fans was good. Though to be fair they were alright and a good bit of banter. Shame we were on the losing side of it...

I saw that one from their fans:

https://vine.co/v/OIl00gXxg7d

Jose's comments quickly backfired at him. Was there any response?

We're five points clear in the league, what the hell are you talking about? kickstart the season again? "mentality"? "freshen the place up"? ridiculous.

Sigh IF you had bothered to read my earlier posts I'm talking about our RESERVES

What we have is not good enough - we need to ship out the inconsistent poor performers and make sure we have a subs bench worthy of rotation

That's what I mean

Stop over fucking reacting and trying to make out like I'm being a cunt or something

I feel this is partly directed at me so I'll respond to it quite simply: I'm not happy we lost today, in fact I'm very upset. I clearly react differently to others after defeats. If people on here would prefer for me to try and get #MourinhoOut trending on Twitter or to punch a wall or two, I'm afraid I've grown out of that stage now! :lol: I'll be very blunt with you and say that if we win the PL and the League Cup this season, that is more than enough for me. People are overanalysing this result. We've been caught up in the magic of the FA Cup. This is a classic giant-killing and they will talk about this one for years to come. But results like this happen every now and again. All we have to do is dust ourselves down and bounce back for the next game.

Edit - If I don't reply to you its because I'm logging out now; but basically I'm not getting worked up because it really isn't healthy for me.

Edited by Alex