Jase

Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm obviously speaking hypothetically. If someone offered me the Premier League and that only, I'd bite their arm off.

I'd take CL over PL.

I think Mourinho winning CL will also invigorate him.

Losing 5-3 to Spurs and 4-2 to Bradford in a month. The annual December slump came 4 weeks late...

Before it used to be November, then it moved to December, now it's in January.

Pretty soon we will be like Arsenal that slump in March. :ph34r:

I feel this is partly directed at me so I'll respond to it quite simply: I'm not happy we lost today, in fact I'm very upset. I clearly react differently to others after defeats. If people on here would prefer for me to try and get #MourinhoOut trending on Twitter or to punch a wall or two, I'm afraid I've grown out of that stage now! :lol: I'll be very blunt with you and say that if we win the PL and the League Cup this season, that is more than enough for me. People are overanalysing this result. We've been caught up in the magic of the FA Cup. This is a classic giant-killing and they will talk about this one for years to come. But results like this happen every now and again. All we have to do is dust ourselves down and bounce back for the next game.

Edit - If I don't reply to you its because I'm logging out now; but basically I'm not getting worked up because it really isn't healthy for me.

The thing for me is that it's such a heavy defeat in terms of how it's happened. 2-0 up to 4-2 down by full time, it's beyond belief. But then you remember how we lost 5-3 to Tottenham in almost similar circumstances. We were okay in the attack department, but constantly let down by defending (or, lack of). I think that's the annoying part about it. Tottenham is one thing, but Bradford should be beaten by this team of players on another platform to them.

Fark the league cup and we should have played this starting XI. The FA cup we should play with a strong XI as it means something.

On the brighter side we have more time to focus on the League and CL.

The same Klopp who is sharing the last place atm?

Yeah, let's just ignore his previous achievements that includes multiple German league titles, German cups and a CL final appearance. Season in, season out, his best players keep on being cherry picked away from him. He's never had the luxury of managing insanely rich clubs like Chelsea and Madrid who can stupid sums on any half decent player. I wonder how Mourinho would have fared in similar conditions. Oh wait, he's never been in a similar situation.

On the brighter side we have more time to focus on the League and CL.

Fark the league cup. We should play our reserve team.

No, we shouldn't. I don't care much about the league cup, but the game against Liverpool is a must win after our recent results. We need to be high on confidence against City.

We must now react to this with Liverpool in the week. Strong side and dispose of them quick and easy and put all this shite behind us. The league is looking very good, we must remember that.

Things aren't all dead right now, have faith.

City were mostly restricted to long shots from the edge of the box. There were only about two occasions where Middlesborough were scrambling which is expected of a team of City's quality but saying that they created many clear cut chances isn't an accurate reflection of the game. Their final ball was poor and it was too easy for the Middlesbrough defence to make interceptions. Honestly If it were Chelsea that played that way I highly doubt you'd be saying, "we dominated" "a goal looked inevitable" "we were just unlucky to score". No you'd be talking about how we had 11 corners and barely posed a threat or about how most of our chances were long shots or about how our midfield were overrun by championship opposition or about how we were lucky we didn't lose by more goals. I think a lot of times you judge the performances of this team through pessimistic-tinted glasses. It's only natural to be harder on the club you support but sometimes you remind me of those parents who are always moaning about their kids but constantly praising their friends' children. This isn't a slight on you, just an observation. Maybe you should loosen up a bit? I always feel this sense of impending doom whenever I read your posts!

I really did think City's first half performance was excellent but can't say how I'd have found it if I were a City fan. I guess my pessimissm on here is mostly with Mourinho and his tactics. As good as he is I do consider him a lot less infallible than other fans do and I often feel there are repeated errors with tactics/personnel from him that are completely excused and ignored on here, so I point them out. I don't post so many positive and upbeat posts as they're generally already out there and I usually just hit 'like' on them instead of repeating the same thing. I do apologise for sounding so negative all the time but I sometimes feel my pessimism is needed to offset the excessive optimism and oversights that you can get on here :lol:

Yeah, let's just ignore his previous achievements that includes multiple German league titles, German cups and a CL final appearance. Season in, season out, his best players keep on being cherry picked away from him. He's never had the luxury of managing insanely rich clubs like Chelsea and Madrid who can stupid sums on any half decent player. I wonder how Mourinho would have fared in similar conditions. Oh wait, he's never been in a similar situation.

Still... last? :carlo2:

Still... last? :carlo2:

True, it's surprising, but it has to be something mental for not just for the manager but the players when you're competing against a bully that can buy all your best players and then some. I'm sure Klopp wants out of that league.

Porto?

They do quite the opposite you'd say.