Jase

Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel this is partly directed at me so I'll respond to it quite simply: I'm not happy we lost today, in fact I'm very upset. I clearly react differently to others after defeats. If people on here would prefer for me to try and get #MourinhoOut trending on Twitter or to punch a wall or two, I'm afraid I've grown out of that stage now! :lol: I'll be very blunt with you and say that if we win the PL and the League Cup this season, that is more than enough for me. People are overanalysing this result. We've been caught up in the magic of the FA Cup. This is a classic giant-killing and they will talk about this one for years to come. But results like this happen every now and again. All we have to do is dust ourselves down and bounce back for the next game.

Edit - If I don't reply to you its because I'm logging out now; but basically I'm not getting worked up because it really isn't healthy for me.

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, especially post match when people have had time to evaluate the situation. What annoyed me was comments in the in-game thread like '3-2 now looooooool'. Like I said I am in no position to tell anybody how to and how not to support the club either. Everyone reacts differently to defeats and even more so depending on the nature of the defeat. I am usually calm after a defeat and find what I perceive to be overreactions in post match threads quite funny. On this occasion I am absolutely seething and have been since the final whistle. While some people are looking at the bigger picture like Daniel1980 and you, I haven't reached that stage of thinking yet. I probably will do in the next few days.

I want to win every game. Before each game I don't think 'Maybe if we lose we will have less games to play which will benefit us in the title race.' Some people do. That's how they think. That's fine. I just want us to win the next game because the next game is always the most important one for me. I know the quadruple is not a reasonable expectation but I don't set targets at the start of the season. Some people do. Again, no problem. I just want us to win as many games no matter what the competition and see where we end up at the end of the season.

I know giant-killings happen and it is part of the cup but I am of the opinion that we should beat Bradford. Everything points towards us beating Bradford at home, 2-0 up, a fairly strong team out (let's not kid ourselves, the only inexperienced players we had today were Christensen and perhaps Kurt Zouma. It just shouldn't happen. No disrespect to Bradford but their players are not as good as ours but some of ours lowered themselves to Bradford's level and didn't play as well as they are capable of. This isn't good enough. Willian didn't show enough desire for me today, Oscar went missing when it mattered, Drogba was not good enough. We should beat them and if Jose had just said 'Oh well it is the magic of the cup' instead of giving his players a proper, royal bollocking in the dressing room afterwards then I would be very disappointed. I doubt he said that but it is important that the players know that today was not acceptable, FA Cup or not. That's football I suppose

Well that came from fucking nowhere!!

Completely cruising 1st half. Once it got to 2 I was thinking how many. 2nd half I can't even explain what happened because I don't understand myself. We're completely and utterly outplayed from minute 46 to 90.

Jose waited to long to make his substitutions. They we're on top from the off in the 2nd half. It was clear for all to see yet he waits untill 65/70 minutes to make a sub. How Salah wasn't hauled off at H/T I don't know. He was complete horseshit.

2nd half we we're outplayed and outfought. Embarrassing display. I'll put it down to a bad day at the office. Luckily we don't have much time to dwell on it. Bounce back quickly on Tuesday! Come on the Chels!!

Chelsea will now have free weekends before both legs against Paris in the Champions League. That is an incredible silver lining.

Another silver lining is that we have now both feet back to earth for the next 2 upcoming fixtures. We usually respond well to bad defeats.

But all that doesn't undo the fact that today we were a total disgrace of course :(

Another silver lining is that we have now both feet back to earth for the next 2 upcoming fixtures. We usually respond well to bad defeats.

But all that doesn't undo the fact that today we were a total disgrace of course :(

I'm not elated we lost either, I'm just not the type to wallow in the mire. I'm not so sure our preferred XI need a wake up call anyway, should they lose to Liverpool at home then thats a different prospective.

My mate was at the game and he says Drogba, Ramires and Salah gave the ball away too much and his impression was that while Zouma looked pretty solid, Andreas looked pretty shaky and lost.

Listening to the commentary its sounds like Zouma and Christensen played on the same side. Makes no sense, you're playing an inexperienced player out of position and you play him next to another inexperienced player.

Can anybody tell me what happened, I was sat front row in the MHL but all play in both halves was at The Shed end lol :( On a positive the one time play came to our end my son managed to grab Ramires glove after he threw them :)

I wonder who caught the towel after we threw it in at 2-0 up.

So we lost and played shit.So what. we're top of the league, in the semi final of the league cup and still in the champions league. People saying 'Mourinho out' should fuck off and support City. We have been spoilt in recent years and many of the hangers on we have picked up along the way are a fucking joke.

Can anybody tell me what happened, I was sat front row in the MHL but all play in both halves was at The Shed end lol :( On a positive the one time play came to our end my son managed to grab Ramires glove after he threw them :)

we went a bit shit lol