Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope we get him. I def rate him. His finishing is poor, but that can be worked upon. Dude is a dribbling maestro who has shown he's also strong enough for the premier league.

We rely so much on Hazard to destabilise opponents, would love Sterling because he can do the same. Willian has that ability but he doesn't really dribble to execute take-ons.

his age is the bigger factor in his over inflated price tag. if you have shown flashes of brilliance,which even I who don`t rate him very highly will admit he has,they make the presumption that he will become better in the future because of showing it so young.

Chelsea have never overpaid for an English player. only Liverpool,Man City have really done that.

Jose has said in the past that it`s important that teams have players from the country they play in and I agree with that.but I`d rather us be patient with that and either promote our own great young English prospects or wait for other players to become available. I`m not totally against signing Sterling but 50m is what you pay for a player whose relationship with his team isn`t broken. Sterling is doing stuff that if we really want him and be patient,Scumpool will either have to put up with the headache of him being unhappy or accept a more reasonable fee.

shaun wright-philips for 24M£

He's certainly overrated right now and someone is definitely going to overpay massively for what you'd get RIGHT NOW, but at his best he's nearly unplayable and a great young player. The work comes with trying to get him to perform consistently like that.

Hazard has matured and improved significantly under José and so has Willian. Don't see why Sterling wouldn't.

If we went in with a £35m and London really is such a huge deal for him, maybe he'd put in a transfer request because he'd be so deperate to come and Liverpool will just sell him and be done with it.

It's not like we can sign something better for that price. You can't do a better bet, actually. Sterling is pretty much the best talent of his generation.

For £50m!? They could try to get Griezman, Reus, Muller, dude from Lyon, Bellarabi, Vela, hell for £50m I'm sure they could get Alexis.

He's fucking shite.

That's my professional/analytical opinion.

Over-rated dirge. Not even the best young winger at Liverpool, let alone in the Premier League. Shaun Wright-Phillips v.2:0.

Spot on, very deep and developed response.[emoji23] 100% agree though.

I don't know why people call him overrated. Just look at the numbers, he is clearly the best young player in Europe.

The 20 year old Cristiano Ronaldo was just like him.

Are you serious orrrr.?

Are you serious orrrr.?

I am. I'm not saying that he will be as good as Messi or Ronaldo, but he is definetly the best U21 player in the world, he is English and eager to leave his club. His dribbling is outstanding, he scores and assists a lot, he is agressive and energetic, I think we should definetly go for him. He has his mistakes(finishing for example) but he could improve a lot at Chelsea.

He needs to work on his finishing but the way people go on is like his goal scoring stats are like Willian. He has got into double figures two seasons running. Although it is acknowledged he needs to work on his finishing, have some of us really forgotten that some of his goals for Liverpool have been of top class. His goal against us this season was fantastic. Same against Bournemouth, Newcastle and his goals this season against West Ham home and away were fantastic goals.

And the thing is he is only 20, yes 20. Just look how good he was season before the one just finished when he was constantly playing with Suarez and Sturridge. He was outstanding and got 9 league goals despite only getting into the team, late December. That is an excellent achievement to do at the age of 19. That shows to me that when he is surrounded by better players you will see his best qualities. I already mentioned the quality goals he scored last season. What about the season when he was playing with Suarez. That 30 yard strike against Norwich away. The left footed volley which he struck at an awkward angle against Norwich at home in their 5-1 victory. Liverpool 3-2 City. The composure he had to dummy Kompany then stroke it past Hart. They were all fantastic goals. If people don't remember them then search it up because some people act like he is not capable of finishing with excellent quality.

He also proved how much of a big game player he is when it counts. He had MOTM performances against City and Arsenal and everytime he has played us has given our defence tons of problems. But with Suarez leaving and Sturridge having recurring injuries, it is normal for his performances to be inconsistent. But as showed in his real breakout season, when he is around players with similar and better quality you will see the best of him. His rise to being in Liverpool's first team and England's at such a young age has raised our expectations of him which is understandable however, like I said we really need to remember that he is just 20 years old and is one of the best talents if not the best talent of his age group. He will turn out into a top, top player.

On a sidenote it is amazing to see what he has achieved so quickly. I don't just mean in as where he is in right now but I remember seeing this kid play from the age of 13 in secondary school with Reece Mitchell who plays for us and he was fantastic. The ironic thing is many people from the school or who played locally in Brent would tell you there was not much difference between Reece Mitchell and Raheem however Sterling has completely made it whilst unfortunately Mitchell has struggled with injuries but is still with us but will probably be released this summer if not next one.

Then, no one knew of him but he was fantastic to watch and I remember people asking about him and we were just told he plays for QPR. It was only a few months later that he was playing in the victory shield for England U16 live on T.V. Especially like me, him being a Jamaican and from a very tough area, I am proud of him. Never seen a story like his where I can say I knew someone from a personal level who has reached those heights in such a short space of time. He is really a story of rags to riches. I would love it if he came to us. He is tru

we paid 21m for SWP I believe but splitting hairs.i didn`t include him nor Chris Sutton because they were flops but their initial transfer fee wasn`t imo overpaying at the time.both were young players,internationals with a good track record with their previous clubs.

I was paying very close attention to Sterling in the last England game against Slovenia. What I strongly stick to myself again is that Sterling is very talented lad with extremely good dribbling, close control and balance, his movement is also good. I think that his finishing is actually a thing that with tweaks here and there and few work done should come good. I feel that it is few details away from him wasting chances and putting them in. So the thing about finishing is not something that should ruin brilliant player. He is very good with fast attacks, works pretty hard, link up play is decent. I really feel that he is not another SWP and brainless footballer. People forget that his form at the start of this season was very good.

Seriously, can't help but feel with few changes he will be flying again. He's not far away from there IMO.

£50 million is certifiable right now. £30 million and I'd snap him up in a minute though. He's still so young and already has plenty of Premier League experience.

Hazard-Willian-Sterling would be like watching a track meet.

I am. I'm not saying that he will be as good as Messi or Ronaldo, but he is definetly the best U21 player in the world, he is English and eager to leave his club. His dribbling is outstanding, he scores and assists a lot, he is agressive and energetic, I think we should definetly go for him. He has his mistakes(finishing for example) but he could improve a lot at Chelsea.

Best U21 in the world? How about no. Better off getting Ferrera-Carrasco from Monaco for 8-10.

£50 million is certifiable right now. £30 million and I'd snap him up in a minute though. He's still so young and already has plenty of Premier League experience.

Hazard-Willian-Sterling would be like watching a track meet.

We would need a new finishing coach.

Best U21 in the world? How about no. Better off getting Ferrera-Carrasco from Monaco for 8-10.

Sterling is better than Ferrera-Carrasco. Ferrera-Carrasco will be 22 in a few months anyway and while I like him, you can not seriously tell me he is better than Sterling. Even though Sterling is younger, he still has scored much more goals. While Sterling was contributing to Liverpool's title charge in the 13/14 season, Ferrera-Carrasco was in and out of the team for Monaco and sometimes an unused sub. Not even comparable.

SSN: Man City make second bid of 40M for Sterling.....Transfer request in coming.

Yeah £35m+£5m add ons -- Think they'll reject that. QPR are owed 20% so they'd get about £28m-ish before any add ons come in. Bad deal considering they're demanding 50 apparently.

I think it'd take £40-45m in one go, maybe add ons taking it up close to 50 to have any chance.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You