Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

LOL at people saying who is and who isn't a Jose type of player. Jose knows very well player's strength's and weaknesses much better than us, combined, and he knows what he will get if he buys Sterling/ Griezmann/ Koke or anyone. He knows what areas of the game he will need to adress, what his role would be and what he has to do to get the maximum out of the player. These Jose type of player and not are so useless. Unless he's a slow , technical player like Berbatov, than we can say he may not like him, other than that, it's stupid.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterling won't be as poor as cuadrado. He's far stronger and doesn't fall everytime someone breathes near him.

What will frustrate people is his finishing and final decision in the final third.

And already one of the best players in the prem.

And already one of the best players in the prem.

Why I haven't really been fully bought into the idea of buying sterling is because next season I want us to extend our fantastic goalscoring first half of the season for much longer. For that we need goals, and we need a good passing midfielder to replace oscar or fabregas when they play poorly in the second half of the season again.

For the big games, we need a big box to box player to partner Matic in the pivot (essien /matuidi) we lost one in luiz and its cost us big games.

Then we need a big technical and energetic(making runs) striker to replace Costa incase of injuries again.

Sterling doesn't fit into any of this categories of what we need to improve next season except homegrown, and I'll rather use RLC as my box to box midfielder in big games for that. Though he could improve his finishing and suddenly he's a perfect gamble.

Why I haven't really been fully bought into the idea of buying sterling is because next season I want us to extend our fantastic goalscoring first half of the season for much longer. For that we need goals, and we need a good passing midfielder to replace oscar or fabregas when they play poorly in the second half of the season again.

For the big games, we need a big box to box player to partner Matic in the pivot (essien /matuidi) we lost one in luiz and its cost us big games.

Then we need a big technical and energetic(making runs) striker to replace Costa incase of injuries again.

Sterling doesn't fit into any of this categories of what we need to improve next season except homegrown, and I'll rather use RLC as my box to box midfielder in big games for that. Though he could improve his finishing and suddenly he's a perfect gamble.

Oh don't get it twisted, I agree! We need more goals in the side but we also need a bigger squad altogether. The aim next year has to be the Champions League and in order to do well in both comps we need more depth. I don't think signing Sterling means we've stopped shopping for the summer, we still need to add goals up front and possibly in the CM area.

Rodgers saying what is expected of him. Far too much been said and gone on for there to be any sort of u-turn from Raheem on this.

Whether it's us, City or Arsenal....or whoever for that matter that lays a big number like 30M on the table, he is gone.

Correct, same with Jose saying he hopes Petr stays. And LVG with De Gea. It's going to come down to Sterling making a tramsfer request official and forcing Liverpool's hand. Would be really shocked if he is there come end of summer window

They'd spoil before they reach you :lol:

Was thinking more along the lines of things that can be done here on the forums.

I see your million and I raise you a unicorn! :P

Mikel haters banned on sight? :yay:

Of course he won't, I was just using that example to prove that being a money signing is not alone enough to ensure you a starting spot.

Ironically, Cuadrado cost less than Hazard, Willian, Fabregas and only cost a bit more than Oscar. So not the best example.

Ironically, Cuadrado cost less than Hazard, Willian, Fabregas and only cost a bit more than Oscar. So not the best example.

We paid over the odds for Willian and you're talking about world class players in the other two.

Cuadrado cost more than Mata, a lot more than Schurrle, more than double Salah's fee and more than triple what we paid for KDB. He was a huge investment, there are no two ways about it.

I still don't think some people realise just how bad Sterling's finishing and overall end product in the final third is. All you have to do is watch him consistently. he has one of the weakest shooting I have seen, sometimes it genuinely looks like a back pass to the opposition goal keeper and his decision making can be atrocious too. He's an amazing ball carrier with great work ethic though.

People say look at that pace and trickery in counter attack with Hazard-Willian-Sterling but I will cringe if we have that attacking trio because they are absolute piss in finishing. Even Hazard misses alot of chances. That is completely opposite of Mou efficient counter attack.

Though it has to be said, Sterling aint bad player at all. But I would never play him and Willian at same time. Just terrible end product and finish from both.

I still don't think some people realise just how bad Sterling's finishing and overall end product in the final third is. All you have to do is watch him consistently. he has one of the weakest shooting I have seen, sometimes it genuinely looks like a back pass to the opposition goal keeper and his decision making can be atrocious too. He's an amazing ball carrier with great work ethic though.

Definitely, but it's something he can work on. He has a natural knack for getting into the right positions and making the right movements. Finishing can be worked on.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You