Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

In my point of view Hazard was excellent in his 2 games against PSG.

In the first leg they fouled him 9th times, got us 9th free-kicks.

Correct me if i'm wrong but from my understanding, that is the current record!

Blanc identified Hazard as the main threat and ordered his guys to take him out, remember the "two feet" challenge from Verratti?

Every time Hazard got the ball, they dragged him to the ground.

But he didn't care, he got up and tried again, he never stopped until the game was over.

Mourinho: "this kid is pure."

The second leg was the same, except he made the next step and took good care of the penalty.

I don't care about goals, during the two games Hazard looked constantly dangerous and he always demanded the ball.

That's what big players do, he stepped up big time and showed real maturity.

The experts (for example whoscored) awarded him a 7.2 and a 8.2.

For me he was our best outfield player, but we're talking about Hazard, so the limits aren't there yet.

He will get better and better, unbelievable talent.

Yeah mate. I agree, he was excellent against PSG. Especially with the ultra-defensive tactics but my mere point is Hazard was playing with quality players last season. Sterling was playing in an awful team. It is not excuses but fact. As he in not on a world class level I would not expect him to be the star player in an average team. He is not ready for that role yet imo. He thrives in playing with better players as proven by with his current City spell and when he was playing with Suarez and Sturridge.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah mate. I agree, he was excellent against PSG. Especially with the ultra-defensive tactics but my mere point is Hazard was playing with quality players last season. Sterling was playing in an awful team. It is not excuses but fact. As he in not on a world class level I would not expect him to be the star player in an average team. He is not ready for that role yet imo. He thrives in playing with better players as proven by with his current City spell and when he was playing with Suarez and Sturridge.

Heard that from lots of old pro's - their best form was when playing with better players - helped them raise their game...

What excuses? Hazard has not lit up the CL. Simple as that. He has had good performances but could still do a lot better for someone who is considered world class. And are you serious? Remind me of Hazard's first season in the UCL. No goals and yet we like Liverpool, finished 3rd and went to the Europa League. Do you know what you are talking about? Please stop this. Like I said, Sterling is not on Hazard's level and that is why I expect more from Hazard.

LOL so you only judge players on goals?

Cska Moscow 0 Lille 2

Hazard's rating 4 out 5 - The Belgian confirmed his growing reputation in world football with a confident display in midfield. He had no trouble beating his man or finding space between the lines, was incisive in his passing, and it was only the profligacy of his team-mates that prevented him from registering an assist. A great performance that was deservedly rewarded with three crucial points for his team

Lille 2 Cska Moscow 2

Hazard's rating 3 out 5 - Lille’s gem, the young Belgian was very active offensively and willing to take in the ball even when there were two players around him. Although this restricted his personal endeavours, it also helped by creating space that his team-mates exploited.

Lille 0 Tranzonspor 0

Hazard's rating 3.5 out 5 - Might have been subdued in the early part of the Champions League campaign, but shone like a beacon for Lille in the first half tonight. One dribble was as good as anything Lionel Messi can produce, but his ultimate effort was excellently saved. Quelled after the interval, and this was perhaps decisive to the outcome of the game.

Liverpool 2 Ludogorets 1

Sterling's rating 2 out of 5 - Looked sharp early on as he looked to take on the Ludogorets defenders but was on the fringes for most of the game

so as you can see Hazard's first season in the CL was more impressive then Sterling who couldnt even make an impact against Ludogorets while playing for a better team then Lille and Sterling never got doubled teamed at such a young age like Hazard did.
so yes i do know what i am talking about, and as i said please stop this its getting embarrassing now.

LOL so you only judge players on goals?

Cska Moscow 0 Lille 2

Hazard's rating 4 out 5 - The Belgian confirmed his growing reputation in world football with a confident display in midfield. He had no trouble beating his man or finding space between the lines, was incisive in his passing, and it was only the profligacy of his team-mates that prevented him from registering an assist. A great performance that was deservedly rewarded with three crucial points for his team

Lille 2 Cska Moscow 2

Hazard's rating 3 out 5 - Lille’s gem, the young Belgian was very active offensively and willing to take in the ball even when there were two players around him. Although this restricted his personal endeavours, it also helped by creating space that his team-mates exploited.

Lille 0 Tranzonspor 0

Hazard's rating 3.5 out 5 - Might have been subdued in the early part of the Champions League campaign, but shone like a beacon for Lille in the first half tonight. One dribble was as good as anything Lionel Messi can produce, but his ultimate effort was excellently saved. Quelled after the interval, and this was perhaps decisive to the outcome of the game.

Liverpool 2 Ludogorets 1

Sterling's rating 2 out of 5 - Looked sharp early on as he looked to take on the Ludogorets defenders but was on the fringes for most of the game

so as you can see Hazard's first season in the CL was more impressive then Sterling who couldnt even make an impact against Ludogorets while playing for a better team then Lille and Sterling never got doubled teamed at such a young age like Hazard did.
so yes i do know what i am talking about, and as i said please stop this its getting embarrassing now.

I was talking about Hazard's first season here. And the way you make it sound is that I think Sterling is better than Hazard. I don't even think it is close. My point is Sterling playing bad last season in the UCL was a reflection of Liverpool as a team. He has a lot of quality but needs to be around world class players to show the best of his ability. That Liverpool team was so shit. The fact that 4 players of that starting 11 are now at mid table teams and a declining team in France shows how difficult it is for him to stamp his authority in games like that.

The Liverpool who were so close to winning the title couple seasons ago would have battered Ludogrets and Sterling would have played better if the likes of Suarez and Sturridge was there. I am not making excuses but just saying it how I see it. Hazard is a much better player and I would just like to see him take his game up on another level by getting us in the UCL final or so. For instance the season before against Atletico when we went out, witht he quality he has I just feel he could have stood out more. Because I think he has the individual quality to do that, even if he is surrounded by more average players.

Then this season for instance, as bad as we have been I feel Hazard more than anyone has the ability to get us out of a difficult situation. So when I see performances like he has in the UCL so far this season it is frustrating. Sterling was great tonight but my point remains the same, as much as I love him as a player I still feel he is yet to stamp his authority on the UCL as a whole.

I was talking about Hazard's first season here. And the way you make it sound is that I think Sterling is better than Hazard. I don't even think it is close. My point is Sterling playing bad last season in the UCL was a reflection of Liverpool as a team. He has a lot of quality but needs to be around world class players to show the best of his ability. That Liverpool team was so shit. The fact that 4 players of that starting 11 are now at mid table teams and a declining team in France shows how difficult it is for him to stamp his authority in games like that.

The Liverpool who were so close to winning the title couple seasons ago would have battered Ludogrets and Sterling would have played better if the likes of Suarez and Sturridge was there. I am not making excuses but just saying it how I see it. Hazard is a much better player and I would just like to see him take his game up on another level by getting us in the UCL final or so. For instance the season before against Atletico when we went out, witht he quality he has I just feel he could have stood out more. Because I think he has the individual quality to do that, even if he is surrounded by more average players.

Then this season for instance, as bad as we have been I feel Hazard more than anyone has the ability to get us out of a difficult situation. So when I see performances like he has in the UCL so far this season it is frustrating. Sterling was great tonight but my point remains the same, as much as I love him as a player I still feel he is yet to stamp his authority on the UCL as a whole.

If we want to get the best out of Hazard we need to stop parking the bus in the big games.

Sterling's best game has came when City plays counter football and yesterday without KDB....

I wonder if that is a coincidence. I've never seen city play as well as they did in europe this season until last night

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Chelsea and Arsenal ready to battle for Raheem Sterling if and when Manchester City decide to sell.

Realistically, it could only be a two-horse race between Arsenal and Chelsea if Sterling were made available by City in the next 12 months.

Arsenal could well enquire about Sterling again in the New Year if City make a new bid to try to sign Sanchez in the January transfer window.

City would not sell to Manchester United, while the player could not return to Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur could not afford his transfer fee or wages

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/05/manchester-city-will-offload-raheem-sterling-say-premier-league/amp/

2 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Chelsea and Arsenal ready to battle for Raheem Sterling if and when Manchester City decide to sell.

Realistically, it could only be a two-horse race between Arsenal and Chelsea if Sterling were made available by City in the next 12 months.

Arsenal could well enquire about Sterling again in the New Year if City make a new bid to try to sign Sanchez in the January transfer window.

City would not sell to Manchester United, while the player could not return to Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur could not afford his transfer fee or wages

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/05/manchester-city-will-offload-raheem-sterling-say-premier-league/amp/

Please no he's overrated 

Firstly, hasn't Pep said as recently as a few weeks ago that he can become world class? Seems to love him as well.

Secondly, he's one of the most brainless footballers I've ever watched. Like a headless chicken in the final 3rd most of the time.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Firstly, hasn't Pep said as recently as a few weeks ago that he can become world class? Seems to love him as well.

Secondly, he's one of the most brainless footballers I've ever watched. Like a headless chicken in the final 3rd most of the time.

but better and younger than Willian who is a headless chicken too. I think he could be immense for us. But it is never gonna happen ofc

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He's not brainless. He statistically creates a lot of chances for teammates and has improved on his end product. He's just not that good and hasn't taken his game to the next level as I thought he could. There's a difference between being "brainless" (whatever that means) and not that good. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

but better and younger than Willian who is a headless chicken too. I think he could be immense for us. But it is never gonna happen ofc

Better than Willian? You what? If age isn't taken into consideration and we're talking just ability I'd never swap the two.

2 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

He's not brainless. He statistically creates a lot of chances for teammates and has improved on his end product. He's just not that good and hasn't taken his game to the next level as I thought he could. There's a difference between being "brainless" (whatever that means) and not that good. 

Nearly every time I see him play he makes the wrong decision when it matters most. He's had a pretty good start to his season so far but he's extremely inconsistent. 

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I don't rate neither that highly, but the two aren't comparable. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You