Petr Cech

eldo

is a contract longer than 5 years possible? if he signs a long, long contract then he'll either

a) play for a long time, becoming a club legend

B) get sold for 35m+ in 2 years time

I think 5 is max, but he still has 2 left. 5+2=7...

I think 5 is max, but he still has 2 left. 5+2=7...

Does it work like that? I thought it was like this

atm it is 2014.. so that means courtois current contract runs till 2016. if we give him a 5 year contract, his contract will run till 2019

Does it work like that? I thought it was like this

atm it is 2014.. so that means courtois current contract runs till 2016. if we give him a 5 year contract, his contract will run till 2019

If he signs new 5year contract, its like you said, till 2019, if he signs 5 year contract extention, its till 2021.

That's the case when there's a new 'toy' to play with. Old one gets discarded with plenty of focus on their weakness.

It's not just that he's new but that he seems better in a couple of areas and whenever you get something 'better' it makes the weaknesses in what you had more apparent.

The people who called him 'flavour of the month' should probably acknowledge that he's actually not just stepped up but probably exceeded expectations. He will make mistakes because he's human (as far as we know) but honestly I think he's done enough to start the next 10 games.

Exact quote from Jose Mourinho: "The point here is not the quality because Petr is an amazing goalkeeper. What made me have this, this decision was the fact that the kid is 22, a kid that has only 2 yrs of contract. If he doesn't play for Chelsea he leaves Chelsea, if he leaves Chelsea in the near time he's a free agent and I made a decision for the team. The kid is answering in a fantastic way and Petr is the same."

Even if he thinks Courtois is the better goalkeeper at the moment, he would never say it in public.

A legend like this can't leave the club. There's nothing like one of our players owning a Utd fan's ass.

In all seriousness, I'd keep him until January at least, I'd like to extend Courtois' contract beyond before letting Petr go as well. I know his price tag would probably drop by then, but there's always the chance of a club with a lot of money needing a keeper and being out of the Champions in the group stage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2737330/Transfer-deadline-day-Radamel-Falcao-Arsenal-Petr-Cech-Liverpool.html

DOMINIC KING - @DominicKing_DM

2. Which fantasy move do you still want to see happen in this transfer window?

Liverpool making a £10million bid to take Petr Cech and being successful with it. Brendan Rodgers needs a keeper, Cech has been ditched by Chelsea. It won’t happen as the clubs won’t do business with each other – as proven by Ryan Bertrand – but it would help Liverpool considerably if it did.

The worst joke I've ever heard in my life so far.

What the ..

If Chelsea play Cech and not Courtois : "Chelsea are a graveyard for youngsters, Mourinho doesn't give youth a chance, blablah"

If Chelsea play Courtois over Cech : "Chelsea have ditched Cech, no respect for a legend, plastic club"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2737786/Petr-Cech-leave-Chelsea-fails-win-place-Thibaut-Courtois-warns-Carlo-Cudicini.html

If this is true he might as well leave now, he WILL NEVER get back into the Chelsea goal unless Courtois pick up a serious injury or forgot how to be a GK over night. Also will save us his wages which is well over 100k per week I believe.