Petr Cech

eldo

Love tibo, but feel so bad for cech.. still one of the best in europe and a complete chelsea legend. I hope he gets sold to another club and then we'll buy him back just like with drogba. I can't bear to watch him rot on the bench :(

There is no nice in football! :)

The best play and Courtois is the better goalkeeper.

The fact Cech is still a top gk is really irrelevant - only one plays and Jose picked the right one to start.

As we all like chech and are grateful to him, we wish him all the best here or elsewhere. Still I just can't see him to ever start ahead of Courtois.

I remember when Cech arived in 2004, he had to battle Cudicini to take first spot. And Cech came here after superb euro 2004.

Courtois despite doing well for Atletico, he has to earn spot like anyone else. Vs Leicester, he was fantastic, and if he keeps doing that, he will be ahead Cech well deserved, but I want those two to have competition at least untill january. Lets see if Courtois can play well regulary for us against top sides and in CL.

However if Mou is keeping Cech just for second choice and wont even give him a fair chance, it makes no point whatsoever.

If we sell Cech, sell him to Psg/Monaco, not PL rival or Real because it could somehow haunt us back. He is still top 5gk in world.

In 2004, we bought Cech and Drogba and went on winning title, this year it could happen again but with Courtois and Costa.

It does look like on this picture, but in reality the difference should be barely noticeable, because according to the internetz Thibo is only 3 cm taller.

maybe, but men grow until their early 20ies and Courtois is listed as 1,99 since he joined us when he was 19. It is probable that he gained two or more cms since then

I remember when Cech arived in 2004, he had to battle Cudicini to take first spot. And Cech came here after superb euro 2004.

Courtois despite doing well for Atletico, he has to earn spot like anyone else. Vs Leicester, he was fantastic, and if he keeps doing that, he will be ahead Cech well deserved, but I want those two to have competition at least untill january. Lets see if Courtois can play well regulary for us against top sides and in CL.

However if Mou is keeping Cech just for second choice and wont even give him a fair chance, it makes no point whatsoever.

If we sell Cech, sell him to Psg/Monaco, not PL rival or Real because it could somehow haunt us back. He is still top 5gk in world.

In 2004, we bought Cech and Drogba and went on winning title, this year it could happen again but with Courtois and Costa.

I think Cech would personally reject a move to a PL rival.

I think Cech would personally reject a move to a PL rival.

he wouldn't and shouldn't. just like we didn't show blind loyalty to him, he shouldn't show it to us. He'll always have a home in Chelsea even if he plays in a red shirt(or sky blue)

he wouldn't and shouldn't. just like we didn't show blind loyalty to him, he shouldn't show it to us. He'll always have a home in Chelsea even if he plays in a red shirt(or sky blue)

But look at what people are saying about Lampard after he went on a 6 month loan. if cech ever moved to, for example, united, everyone would go apeshit and he'd definitely lose his legend status.

Exact quote from Jose Mourinho: "The point here is not the quality because Petr is an amazing goalkeeper. What made me have this, this decision was the fact that the kid is 22, a kid that has only 2 yrs of contract. If he doesn't play for Chelsea he leaves Chelsea, if he leaves Chelsea in the near time he's a free agent and I made a decision for the team. The kid is answering in a fantastic way and Petr is the same."

If we are about to sell Cech, we have to extend Courtois contract first. Imagine we sell Cech and Curtois puts transfer request in 1/2 years.

Courtois should pen another 5 year extension, keeping him here for next 7 years, before we even think about selling Petr (we shouldnt at least until januar)

Agreed.