Petr Cech

eldo

I doubt anyone will forget what he has done and achieved but people are just discussing it and not putting Petr down in any way.

Its just annoying how people are like, "he's gotta go" like he's an old toy they are tired of. It's not an easy decision.

Nobody WANT cech to go, but a player like Courtois is extremely rare

I know, but still. It's tough.

I disagree for a couple reasons.

First we still have no clue where the negotiations are headed with Courtois, I have every belief he will sign but I doubt it will be before August 31st. Also, Cech's isn't going to fetch us a huge kitty anyway, I would rather have him cup tied than have him go to a club and burn us in the knockouts. If we lose a few quid in the assurance that Courtois is indeed gonna be our man for the next 5-10 yrs so be it... The money isn't my concern just that he adjusts and settles in well.

Thank you.

The ideal situation for Chelsea is that he stays and helps tutor Tibo and is back up in case he gets injured/loses form.

The ideal situation for Cech is that he's playing at this point in his career. Whether that be here or somewhere else.

Petr has done enough for the club that he doesn't really owe the club enough to think he HAS to stay here as a backup/tutor for a year. But it would be amazing if he could stay for just that 1 more year.

There won't be any hard feelings if he leaves, obviously, but I think staying that extra year would really cement him as one of the true legends of this club, proving that he really does love the club even when he's not playing. It's all up to him tbh. Either way, his performances over the years have earned him a heroes send off, whenever that time comes.

Goes to Cech's page.

Right click.

Mentor Courtois.

That's what people are suggesting we do right?

Petr Cech, a goalkeeper whose form has declined for the last two years is going to act as mentor to the second-best goalkeeper in Europe.

Personally, if I was Courtois I'd perhaps be fine with not having Cech mentor me but having some of that £100,000 he gets each week to tell me how to come for crosses.

I love Cech and all but I absolutely hate being patronised. I'm fairly certain if I asked for what specifically Courtois could learn from Cech, it would be something to do with his meticulous planning before matches in particular his attention to penalties as evidenced by his performance in the CL Final in 2012 (not his Super Cup performances three and a half months later, definitely not that one where he went the wrong way for 3 out of the 5 penalties and DEFINITELY should've saved the last one). But is there any evidence whatsoever that Courtois doesn't do the same, that he won't receive the same analysis of opponents from our world-class coaches?

Petr Cech wants to play; if he sticks around it'll be because he wants to make a case for himself being #1 (training, the odd match here and there, mistakes from the new boy), not because he wants to babysit the Belgian. Courtois is no kid and regardless of what he says in his interviews ("maybe I can learn from him"), do you actually believe that a 22 y.o who was 2 minutes away from becoming a treble winner actually thinks or feels that needs Cech around to help break him in? He has Hazard, 2 of his Atletico teammates, a world class GK coach (or two) and one of the best managers in the world for that.

Petr has earned the right to leave when he's no longer indispensable and it's silly to keep him around to 'mentor' another top keeper. It's a different story, though, if he wants to try and reclaim his place.

Goes to Cech's page.

Right click.

Mentor Courtois.

That's what people are suggesting we do right?

Petr Cech, a goalkeeper whose form has declined for the last two years is going to act as mentor to the second-best goalkeeper in Europe.

Personally, if I was Courtois I'd perhaps be fine with not having Cech mentor me but having some of that £100,000 he gets each week to tell me how to come for crosses.

I love Cech and all but I absolutely hate being patronised. I'm fairly certain if I asked for what specifically Courtois could learn from Cech, it would be something to do with his meticulous planning before matches in particular his attention to penalties as evidenced by his performance in the CL Final in 2012 (not his Super Cup performances three and a half months later, definitely not that one where he went the wrong way for 3 out of the 5 penalties and DEFINITELY should've saved the last one). But is there any evidence whatsoever that Courtois doesn't do the same, that he won't receive the same analysis of opponents from our world-class coaches?

Luckily, Thibaut disagrees with you:

'I want him to stay,' Courtois said. 'Even if he doesn’t play he can be a lot of help to me in training.
'I can still learn from him because he has a lot of experience, he can give me good tips about the Premier League, things I might not know at the start.
'He is nice to me. We are training very well and he is still proving he is a great goalkeeper.
'For the team it is better for us to have two good goalkeepers. I don’t have a problem if he stays. Hopefully I can play well and stay in the team.'

Luckily, Thibaut disagrees with you:

You do realise that players receive media training and he just gave the EXACT answer he would have been coached to say right? :D

I think some people have spent far too long reading Lukaku's fumbled attempted at talking to the media and have become unaccustomed with standard filler answers.

But of course there are people who take any quotes at face value, which is why players are taught to regurgitate them.

You do realise that players receive media training and he just gave the EXACT answer he would have been coached to say right? :D

I think some people have spent far too long reading Lukaku's fumbled attempted at talking to the media and have become unaccustomed with standard filler answers.

But of course there are people who take any quotes at face value, which is why players are taught to regurgitate them.

You mean the guy who has been for 3 years saying all the things he (and his father!) should not be saying or have you forgotten about that?

On any account, that is NOT what he would have been coached to say. If any he was indeed coached he wouldn't have said that he wants him to stay; he would have been asked to not take any stance on the matter. something like:

-He's fantastic player

-I don't know/he hasn't spoken to me about his future

-Either way I need to work hard in training to try to keep my place.

"I want Petr to stay" and "I could learn a lot from him" are certainly not something he would have been coached to say.

Loan move would benefit no one.

The reason we want him to stay is to be Thibaut's backup while he settles in and the reason to sell him right now is because his value will decrease till next summer. A loan would mean that he is not here to be backup for Thibaut but his value would still go down.

Makes no sense, imo.

First, I don't think the loan move will drop his value. Right now his value has dropped anyway, I think, any club could bid lower of the value as long as they can promise him the 1st GK position, and Cech want the move. If he go on loan and play a lot of matches and doing great, he will maintain his value on the market, rather than just sit on the bench in here and play only a few games.

Second, he will get a lot of match under his belt while going on loan. I think he will be happier.

Third, IF Courtois "flopped" this season, hey, let's call Cech back for next season.

Fourth, the club who loan Cech will get the top notch service of world class GK.

Completely different from your point of view, I don't see any disadvantage in this case, imo.