Petr Cech

eldo

Monaco may now test #CFC resolve to retain Cech. The club’s stance is complicated that they have one extra foreign player age 21+ (Guardian)

Love Big Pete but if he wants to go then Monaco wouldn't be a bad place for him to go. Will get first team football since Stekelenberg is pants nowadays, will play in CL, he will get big wages with no taxes and get to live in Monaco which is pretty great.
Monaco might also give us a larger fee than some other club since they can afford to.

Unfortunately for Big Pete the best time to sell him from a Chelsea perspective is in the January window. It makes no sense to sell him now, give Courtois four months to get up to speed with being Chelsea's no.1 and then allow Cech to sign elsewhere once Courtois has proven he's settled.

Just read an article in the "Telegraph earlier today. Thought I'd share an excerpt of it.

Along with Lampard and Drogba, Cech is to Chelsea what Steven Gerrard is to Liverpool, what Ryan Giggs is to Manchester United and what Thierry Henry is to Arsenal. His name should echo around the ground whenever he is inside the stadium – whether he’s on the pitch or not.

To remain on the substitutes’ bench would be an enormous waste. Aged 32, Cech could play at the top level for another 10 years. He would currently be number one at any other club in the Premier League and, apart from Bayern Munich, Europe.

Now that he's second choice the media rates him so highly. Fuck off.

Considering it's the English media, that's nothing new. They even did the same with Lampard when the club looked like they weren't going to offer him a new contract two seasons ago.

So, IF the rumours about Real Madrid wanting Cech are true...

The main reason Jose left Madrid was due to the whole Casillas situation.

A year later, Real come to Jose asking him to sell Cech to them to replace Casillas.

Anyone else see the irony? Looks like Real have finally realised Jose was right - Casillas hasn't been that great for ages.

The best time to sell him is now, unless he's going to be left out for all the Champions League matches because a cup-tied Cech would be worth significantly less than he is now. In fact his value begins dropping from this point on.

Schwarzer is a capable back-up for now, but the job is to find a homegrown deputy for the next decade. Ruddy is still a good shout although Jamal Blackman has a contract until 2019, but he needs first-team experience somewhere.

I disagree for a couple reasons.

First we still have no clue where the negotiations are headed with Courtois, I have every belief he will sign but I doubt it will be before August 31st. Also, Cech's isn't going to fetch us a huge kitty anyway, I would rather have him cup tied than have him go to a club and burn us in the knockouts. If we lose a few quid in the assurance that Courtois is indeed gonna be our man for the next 5-10 yrs so be it... The money isn't my concern just that he adjusts and settles in well.

I disagree for a couple reasons.

First we still have no clue where the negotiations are headed with Courtois, I have every belief he will sign but I doubt it will be before August 31st. Also, Cech's isn't going to fetch us a huge kitty anyway, I would rather have him cup tied than have him go to a club and burn us in the knockouts. If we lose a few quid in the assurance that Courtois is indeed gonna be our man for the next 5-10 yrs so be it... The money isn't my concern just that he adjusts and settles in well.

He'll sign. It's guaranteed. I simply think Cech deserves to go now rather than be strung along. He's been replaced by a better keeper and he's too good to sit on our bench, as well as being too expensive for a back-up.

He'll sign. It's guaranteed. I simply think Cech deserves to go now rather than be strung along. He's been replaced by a better keeper and he's too good to sit on our bench, as well as being too expensive for a back-up.

I agree he's too good to be on the bench, it's precisely why I said from a 'Chelsea perspective' it's best he stays till January. If the club want to do right by Cech than they should sell. From a strictly Chelsea point of view the best move is a January move.