Petr Cech

eldo

I agree he's too good to be on the bench, it's precisely why I said from a 'Chelsea perspective' it's best he stays till January. If the club want to do right by Cech than they should sell. From a strictly Chelsea point of view the best move is a January move.

So which player don't we register? Schwarzer and then register him in January?

Could do but I really don't see the point. I think the idea of having Cech holding Courtois's hand for the first few months is a little overplayed by some. He's a top keeper with or without Cech around.

So which player don't we register? Schwarzer and then register him in January?

Could do but I really don't see the point. I think the idea of having Cech holding Courtois's hand for the first few months is a little overplayed by some. He's a top keeper with or without Cech around.

I can only offer up DeGea as an example.

Its a rare chance afforded to a club to integrate the heir apparent slowly rather than thrust him right into the title races. A lot of pressure replacing and legend and at current, I don't know enough about Courtois to suggest he's well suited to handle that pressure and the scrutiny that will come with failing. Its a safety net is all...

Courtois is 22 and has played for Atletico in the Bernabeu, in the Nou Camp, he defeated Chelsea in the Semi final, he became Spanish Champion, Hell - he played a CL final against Real and almost won!!!! He doesn't need anyone holding his hand. What the fuck, he is the best young keeper in the world right now!

Again: He's only 22 and winner of Copa del Rey, Spanish league title and played a CL-Final. He had his place as a goalkeeper for 3 yrs without any discussion in a top 3 spanish side. We are so lucky to have him here. Dump Cech for Courtois? For sure!

Yes all true but what's wrong with having the safety net of Petr Cech? Unless of course you're sentimental to what he's achieved at the club and want to do whats best for him...

Having said all that I'm still kind of weary of giving the media something to latch onto like they did the Mata story last year... If it will in any way be a bit of a distraction then its not worth it.

People talking about competition and how it is healthy, however sometime for top top players competition can actually hinder their progress and create conflicts in the dressing room. For example Cristiano Ronaldo before he became super world star famous, lets says Madrid decided to keep Robben and let him fight with Ronaldo. Both of them want to be 1st choice and neither is willing to sit on the bench and 'wait for their chance'.

Competition is good ONLY if one of the competitors are underdog, so lets say we have David Marshall fighting with Courtois then that COULD be competition. Cech vs Courtois is more of a all out fight, only 1 will be winner. Neither of them see it as just competition and neither is willing so sit there and wait for their chances.

Not many top clubs are looking for goalkeepers, so dunno where he could go if he were to leave...Can't see why PSG would go for him with ffp + Sirigu is decent enough, Monaco just loaned stekelenburg...Loan/perm transfer to Atletico?

Not many top clubs are looking for goalkeepers, so dunno where he could go if he were to leave...Can't see why PSG would go for him with ffp + Sirigu is decent enough, Monaco just loaned stekelenburg...Loan/perm transfer to Atletico?

He'd be a huge improvement over De Gea atm.

Cech is one of the 3 best goal keepers in the world. He'd be an improvement in EVERY European club except Bayern Munich. The question is who needs him enough to pay big money for him. That's the problem.

This:

but united fans rate De Gea higher than Courtois?!?!?

United fans rate De Gea ridicoulosly high, he's not better than Courtois (or Cech for that matter) but hes talented,young and good enough for any top 4 premier league team tbh. Goalkeeper is one of the few positions where they don't have problems within their squad imo.

#PSG are set to make the first move for Petr Cech as they prepare to bid for the demoted Chelsea goalkeeper. (via@wayneveysey) #CFC

It's BS.

There are no reel rumours in France.

PSG has enough problem for signing Di Maria. Not only finding a deal with Real. Their biggest issue is to deal with salary cap.

And Sirigu gives total satisfaction on the pitch and he's very important in the dressing room.

I disagree for a couple reasons.

First we still have no clue where the negotiations are headed with Courtois, I have every belief he will sign but I doubt it will be before August 31st. Also, Cech's isn't going to fetch us a huge kitty anyway, I would rather have him cup tied than have him go to a club and burn us in the knockouts. If we lose a few quid in the assurance that Courtois is indeed gonna be our man for the next 5-10 yrs so be it... The money isn't my concern just that he adjusts and settles in well.

I feel bad for saying this, Courtois is one of my favorite players, but if he only stays with us for 5 years, he should sign a 2 year contract and then leave. Not worth it. Needs to stay for a long time to make the sale of Cech worth it.