Petr Cech

eldo

I think we should either keep him or sell him, he has only 2 years left so if we dont sell him now, his value will go down. Besides he has done so much for us in the past 10 years and I believe Loaning him out is just plain Disrespectful.. He is a legend not a developing Young player.

You mean the guy who has been for 3 years saying all the things he (and his father!) should not be saying or have you forgotten about that?

On any account, that is NOT what he would have been coached to say. If any he was indeed coached he wouldn't have said that he wants him to stay; he would have been asked to not take any stance on the matter. something like:

-He's fantastic player

-I don't know/he hasn't spoken to me about his future

-Either way I need to work hard in training to try to keep my place.

"I want Petr to stay" and "I could learn a lot from him" are certainly not something he would have been coached to say.

In my opinion he gave the exact answer the club would've wanted him to say, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Clearly you have a different experience of media relations to me. :D

Are people sure they are talking about cech??? Reading some of the comments on here, u would think cech made 2 mistakes per match plus he could never hold on to an air ball. :lol:

I too wanted our future secure and thibaut chosen but some of the comments about cech on here are just hilarious.

Are people sure they are talking about cech??? Reading some of the comments on here, u would think cech made 2 mistakes per match plus he could never hold on to an air ball. :lol:

I too wanted our future secure and thibaut chosen but some of the comments about cech on here are just hilarious.

Yea I am disheartened by some of the sentiments being uttered here and find it funny how some fans get up in arms when a player leave considering how quickly they get turned on when this aren't all fine and dandy.

It's best for us as a club to keep Cech for another year. Having one of the best keepers in the world as a backup and tutoring Courtois about the Premier league.

For Cech on the other hand, is way too good to be backup to anyone and deserves to play every game.

I think we owe it to Cech to let him leave if that is what he desires. Schwarzer has also shown he is a reliable 2nd choice when we do need him. Regardless of what happens he'll always be a Chelsea legend and one of the best keeper the Premier League has ever seen.

Which ones are hilarious?

Cech did look dodgier than ever last year, although he's still better than 99% of goalkeepers around. But can you honestly say that his form hasn't declined since 2012?

I also don't get what 'tutoring' means in a practical, real way.

Which ones are hilarious?

Cech did look dodgier than ever last year, although he's still better than 99% of goalkeepers around. But can you honestly say that his form hasn't declined since 2012?

I also don't get what 'tutoring' means in a practical, real way.

never said anything about "tutoring". the idea itself is weird that cech "tutors" a CL finalist and LA liga winner.

his form did decline since 2013 not 2012 but so has JTs. but he was still the best keeper in PL and one of the top 3 in the world last season. saying things like he has "nightmares handling crosses into the box" is unfair to a a true legend of this club and a true professional too.

never said anything about "tutoring". the idea itself is weird that cech "tutors" a CL finalist and LA liga winner.

his form did decline since 2013 not 2012 but so has JTs. but he was still the best keeper in PL and one of the top 3 in the world last season. saying things like he has "nightmares handling crosses into the box" is unfair to a a true legend of this club and a true professional too.

JT's form has picked up though. He has to continue on from last year, whereas you're really looking for Cech to rediscover form of about 18 months ago.

He might not have had nightmares about crosses but he's a perfectionist so I guarantee they were playing on his mind, which actually becomes an issue in and of itself because you start overthinking things.

Oh and the tutoring thing wasn't i response to you. A few people have brought it up and I still have no idea what exactly it means in real terms.

I don't reckon big Pete will go and I really hope he doesn't but I heard prices of 10 million quid the other day being talked about. Is it just me or shouldn't that price be significantly higher. He could have another 10 years left and is imo one of the top 3 keepers in the world right now.

“I have not spoken to Petr,” Mourinho said, “because if I speak with him, tomorrow I have to speak to another player, then another one, another one. I’ve never done this in my career. I don’t have to speak to players about decisions. For me [the hierarchy] is the club, the team and then the players. The club is not under my control. The team, yes. So I want the players to see that everything I do is thinking about the team.

“I don’t like to be always justifying my decisions to the players. They all know where my office is. I know it’s a bit far for them, the last office in the corridor from their dressing room, but they know where I am. If they need an explanation, I’ll give one. I never close the door but Petr hasn’t come to me. He worked fantastically well in the group, with his mates, and has been polite and professional. That’s what we need.

“I don’t make exceptions. I didn’t with Frank Lampard. I didn’t with Didier Drogba before the last game. I don’t speak with players about that. I never did. The players’ job is to be professional and work every day, to be available to play. To wish to play. To show every day they want to play. And to respect, more than respect the manager, their team-mates. That’s more important. The relationship between them is more important than the relations between them and myself. But this is a top professional player.”

“I hope Petr doesn’t want to leave, and until this moment we don’t have any sign that will happen,” Mourinho said. “If that situation comes, he deserves us sitting with him and listening to him. Petr would deserve the hierarchy of the club – owner and the board, and I come after them – sitting down and listening to him. He deserves everything from this club but I repeat, that moment hasn’t arrived. And I hope that day doesn’t come. For the good of my team and Chelsea, I hope that doesn’t happen.

“I have no plan [in terms of losing one overseas player by 1 September] other than to make a decision in the last 48 hours.

When a player is not able to make the Premier League list, obviously he can’t stay in the club just training. If that moment comes, we have to make a decision. That player will obviously have to go out on loan but I can rotate the goalkeepers. Petr has to play. Obviously I have no problems to play Petr in any match. It doesn’t matter where, or in which competition. For me, if I decide to make that rotation when we have an accumulation of matches, it’s probably the easiest position to do it. We have two of the best three goalkeepers in the world.”

JT's form has picked up though. He has to continue on from last year, whereas you're really looking for Cech to rediscover form of about 18 months ago.

He might not have had nightmares about crosses but he's a perfectionist so I guarantee they were playing on his mind, which actually becomes an issue in and of itself because you start overthinking things.

Oh and the tutoring thing wasn't i response to you. A few people have brought it up and I still have no idea what exactly it means in real terms.

Again, when u say "rediscover" form, u make it sound like cech has been out of form or in a poor form for the last 18 months. I totally agreed with your point of cech declining and that is the issue here. Cech was not poor by any stretch of imagination.

The end of his Chelsea career has been confirmed bar a miracle for him(Courtois injured, starts fighting with Jose, wants to leave for some personal reasons, forgot how to be a GK overnight). HE WILL NEVER WIN HIS PLACE BACK, because if he does that means Courtois will leave and unless one of the above(last scenario is likely his best hope) happens, it will just not going to be.

If I was his agent I would start calling Barcelona, PSG, Monaco or whoever now and maybe try to arrange a loan with an option to buy in Jan in case of PSG when their restriction are gone.