Petr Cech

eldo

I think if Petr goes then Christoph will probably follow.

I'm worried about his relationship with Courtois assuming Courtois will play. I don't know the man at all really so I'll assume he'll be professional about it. Weird situation though, I imagine him being close friends with Cech having been with him since Rennes.

I dislike competition between goalkeepers because throughout a season they don't get enough opportunities to prove anything. There are too many factors affecting their performances, like need to get used to the defenders and the defenders used to the them.

You have to give them a good run of games, but games aren't equal. So, one play any bottom feeder at home and don't touch the football, the other Arsenal away and makes great saves or not?! Then do you judge mistakes or form? Command or reaction? Those things, what you value as a manager, should've been known from the beginning.

I've seen competition between goalkeepers before, and it never works; only thing that can really settle anything is if one picks up an injury. It's very difficult to replace a GK who has had a good run, which is always not unlikely to happen at a top club.

This. And confidence is one of the most important things for goalkeepers. IMO, they're more likely to make mistakes if they feel their position isn't secure.

monaco has a lot of money from the james' deal. 15 mil easy for cech, i feel.

Naaa fuck that, mug them for 20m first then on deadline day agree 15m. IT is not like there are loads of great GK for sale atm, especially not someone with a big reputation like Cech. Casillas maybe but there are questions about him after 2 seasons as sub at Madrid and fucking up in the CL Final+ WC

Courtois is in safe hands, even if Lollichon leaves. Silvino Louro is a top coach too. He and Lollichon are two of the best gk coaches in the world, if not the best.

But he won't leave. Courtois needs the best gk coach in the world in order to become the NO.1 gk in European football and Chelsea knows this. Plus he is the best paid gk coach in the world here.

LOL since when did our GK coaches became best in the world? Never even heard of him before recently. The only coach that is one of the best is Jose, the rests are OK/decent but no where near the best as they never compete. It is all our opinions as fans, so anyone apart from Jose leaves we can replace adequately as long as we know the right coach.

LOL since when did our GK coaches became best in the world?

Since FM said so. If I remember correctly Lollichon was the best GK coach on there and so was Louro. Of course there's no way to know if they are the best in the WORLD out of all the thousands and millions of coaches, it's not like they swim in spotlight day after day, so our opinions are mostly influenced by places where we can see them. And of course you can't neglect the feeling of superiority - everything in your club HAS to be better than elsewhere, thinking otherwise is not natural.

Did Frans Hoek not develop that technique?

I remember reading on WAGNH that it's Christophe's. They could be wrong, though.

Anyway, Lollichon's techniques are 'revolutionary' because he doesn't just work on catching and reflexes, he creates complex sessions that work on reflexive decision making:

Petr Cech insists he is staying at Chelsea and is ready to fight for the No.1 spot in Jose Mourinho's starting XI. (Skysports)

Courtois tried to get an easy ride with the whole its unhealthy to have 2 top keepers in a team talk......what a shame Cech is a warrior.

Petr Cech insists he is staying at Chelsea and is ready to fight for the No.1 spot in Jose Mourinho's starting XI. (Skysports)

Courtois tried to get an easy ride with the whole its unhealthy to have 2 top keepers in a team talk......what a shame Cech is a warrior.

WHAT a pro big Pete is! And as long as courtois doesn't chuck his toys out of the pram (mmmm) we now have 2 of the 3 or 4 best keepers out there in our squad...Phenomenal