Petr Cech

eldo

I don't think he is happy, though. He wants some solution. Just read the latest interview with him for a Czech TV from yesterday.

'No one is happy when he has to replace his injured team mate. Those were not the circumstances I wanted to get back on the pitch under. It happened, though, and I am always ready to come on, be it from the start or during the match.'

'I do not think that anything is going to change now because I did not replace Thibaut because of some mistake or a bad performance. Anyway, that decision is up to the manager.'

'In no way am I happy. After 15 years, when I was playing every single game, 50-60 a season, it is a brand new situation to me. It is not looking to be getting any better so let's see what happens in the near future. If it really does not get better, I will have to think about some solution, because I want to play. I believe that I still have a lot to offer. I am definitely going to look for a solution.'

I don't think he is happy, though. He wants some solution. Just read the latest interview with him for a Czech TV from yesterday.

Fair play to Cech....am just grateful that he came on and played the way he would have when he was undisputed no.1.

Cech is such a huge Legend. He knows he is not getting any more playing time. Maybe even knew it before the season started, but still was willing to stay for a fight against all odds because he didn't want to leave with the first sign (even if it's a definite one) of trouble.

@ChelsTransfer: Cech: "I've not spoken to anyone, but I think they know me well enough at #CFC to know the situation is definitely not the way I'd imagine"

@ChelsTransfer: Cech: "With the Euros [in 2016] and the national team in mind, there is no time for me to sit on the bench and not to play" #CFC

@ChelsTransfer: Cech: "If the situation will not start to improve for me, then I will want to solve it." #CFC (Mail)

It was always going to happen next summer at the very latest. We should make the most of having two WC keepers while we can.

Hopefully he will hold until the summer and get a great send off in May, hopefully during title celebrations.

Cech is such a huge Legend. He knows he is not getting any more playing time. Maybe even knew it before the season started, but still was willing to stay for a fight against all odds because he didn't want to leave with the first sign (even if it's a definite one) of trouble.

Yeah, the fact that he bothered to stay and put up a challenge for the top spot makes me respect him much more. His situation is also different from others like Mata and Lukaku since rotation is not very feasible for a keeper. Perhaps Tibo came around too early and if Cech was nearing the end of his career instead, say at about 37 years old, then he might stay all the way and accept a lesser role. Currently he still has plenty to offer at the top level and I think for his own sake he should get the top spot somewhere else (hopefully out of the PL) and win more stuff elsewhere.

Anyways if Cech is happy, then I am happy.

@ChelsTransfer: Cech: "I've not spoken to anyone, but I think they know me well enough at #CFC to know the situation is definitely not the way I'd imagine"

@ChelsTransfer: Cech: "With the Euros [in 2016] and the national team in mind, there is no time for me to sit on the bench and not to play" #CFC

@ChelsTransfer: Cech: "If the situation will not start to improve for me, then I will want to solve it." #CFC (Mail)

Don't think anyone can fault him for that. Best of luck to him (and hopefully he doesn't pull a Lampard on us)