Diego Costa

Spike

Hey guys long time lurker around here.

Just gotta say I'm loving this guy already. What a beast and he shows tremendous passion as well. Like the guy above me said, he definitely embodies everything about Chelsea to me.

Long may his scoring form continue!

well, I hope we can time well his yellow accumulation suspension, so he won't miss any capital match, but it seems like he'll be getting a few of them.

Someone enlightened me the other day about the rules, but I already forgot, 5 yellows = 1 game (this one I remember well) and 10 yellows = ?

I can see him being suspended at least once, but maybe twice if the referees continue to being cunts about it. It's a relief to have someone else to replace him other than Torres and I think our whole approach changed, so it also helps other goal scorers.

But it's not only his goals we'd miss in a match. He fires everyone in the pitch up - his teammates positively and the opposition in rage.

Sorry, maybe it's latin blood in my veins and how the game is played at his side of the globe, but I LOVE some provocation on football. Of course, I don't like the violence, but a few words thrown here and there, as well as soft shoves in set pieces? Come on!!!!! This is part of the sport. It's physical, it's a contact sport, it's a manly sport, excuse me if I want to see some virile dudes behaving like lions in the attack from time to time (again, I don't like violence, only the provocation).

So I took a bit of pleasure of what he did with Coleman prior to Coleman's OG, he responded to the provocations - without violence - and showed him and everyone else that we aren't a bunch of scared bambis. I love it. So I guess I'm a bad person? :blink::carlo:

I think we'll miss his positive attitude and leadership as much as his goals in the matches he eventually won't play for us.

well, I hope we can time well his yellow accumulation suspension, so he won't miss any capital match, but it seems like he'll be getting a few of them.

Someone enlightened me the other day about the rules, but I already forgot, 5 yellows = 1 game (this one I remember well) and 10 yellows = ?

I can see him being suspended at least once, but maybe twice if the referees continue to being cunts about it. It's a relief to have someone else to replace him other than Torres and I think our whole approach changed, so it also helps other goal scorers.

But it's not only his goals we'd miss in a match. He fires everyone in the pitch up - his teammates positively and the opposition in rage.

Sorry, maybe it's latin blood in my veins and how the game is played at his side of the globe, but I LOVE some provocation on football. Of course, I don't like the violence, but a few words thrown here and there, as well as soft shoves in set pieces? Come on!!!!! This is part of the sport. It's physical, it's a contact sport, it's a manly sport, excuse me if I want to see some virile dudes behaving like lions in the attack from time to time (again, I don't like violence, only the provocation).

So I took a bit of pleasure of what he did with Coleman prior to Coleman's OG, he responded to the provocations - without violence - and showed him and everyone else that we aren't a bunch of scared bambis. I love it. So I guess I'm a bad person? :blink::carlo:

I think we'll miss his positive attitude and leadership as much as his goals in the matches he eventually won't play for us.

I believe the next 5 after the new year would be 2-3 suspensions? I may be wrong.

I agree, football is not just about the play, but the emotion behind it. I love that he isn't going to lie down like some bitch and will go all out to prove his point. Even Torres' best games usually come when he is fired up. Sadly it didn't happen often enough. As long as he isn't biting and causing injuries I think it's a welcome sight to see that side of him.

If he is on 4 hopefully he will conviently pick up a 5th before a capital one game.

Well here's some info: http://fantasytransfertips.blogspot.be/2013/04/english-premier-league-yellow-card.html

English Premier League Yellow Card Suspension Rules

If a player accumulates five cautions between the opening day of the playing season and 31 December in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for one match.

If a player accumulates ten cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the second Sunday of April in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for two matches.

If a player accumulates fifteen cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the last day of the same season, he will be suspended automatically for three matches.

If a player then accumulates a further five cautions then he will be hauled before the regulatory commission, within seven days of the date of the last caution. The members of a regulatory commission will have the power to deal with the player in such manner as they deem fit. The same procedure will apply for every further five cautions received by that player.

Couldn't directly find this info on the FA site (should be on there though) but these rules are probably correct.

So technically, this means (in the extreme) Costa could get 14 yellows without being suspended. 4 yellows by December 31st, another 5 by the second Sunday in April (putting him at 9, with no supplemental discipline), and another 5 before the end of the season. 14 yellows, no ban for any game.

But at the rate he's going, he's going to have a lot more than just 4 yellows by december 31st. :P He might not make it till October :ph34r:

I started having some feelings for him during the pre-season. I started having a soft spot for him after the first weekend. I am in such a deep love in him today! We were missing such a character big time in last years but luckily and thankfully, we found him. He's an instant fan favourite which can only help him and be beneficial and I am not going to hide that I have fallen in love with him. Such a monster! Cool, composed, fighting for the shirt with a stunning movement on and off the ball and also bitchy haha. You got me booked? Enjoy the own goal, puta! Brilliant!

Anyone remember Ballack going absolutely crazy running after the Referee when a handball wasnt given against Barca?

Diego is the first Chelsea player since then who i imagine will do the same. Passionate, ballsy and commanding.

We missed that sort of personality the last few years.

Fabregas, Costa, Luis and Remy. We are single handedly carrying the PL mantle and honour among Europe for some years now, and long may that last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNLMEwFHn8k

Thibaut speaking spanish very well though!

Can we speculate what would have transpired had Torres been translating for Costa?

I think he would have translated the second question as "This is the worst start for a Chelsea striker in the last 10 years since Adrian Mutu"... :whistling:

Nah Nando was a good guy, although I'll never forgive him for encouraging Sturridge to leave by telling him that Liverppol was the best club he had played for..

Anyone remember Ballack going absolutely crazy running after the Referee when a handball wasnt given against Barca?

Diego is the first Chelsea player since then who i imagine will do the same. Passionate, ballsy and commanding.

We missed that sort of personality the last few years.

Fabregas, Costa, Luis and Remy. We are single handedly carrying the PL mantle and honour among Europe for some years now, and long may that last.

If he was Drogba he probably just say straight in the camera things like 'Fuck this referee', 'Barca are bunch of cocks...etc' then start to fight with Barca players

Few years ago, we had absolutely brutal attack, everyone feared our strikers, with Drogba, Anelka, Lamps etc. Just remember that trashing of wigan 8:0 4 years ago... After years of dark, Costa can make our attack unstopable again.