Diego Costa

Spike

Mourinho is at it again.. :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11066499/Diego-Costas-storming-start-to-the-season-continues-Chelsea-win-nine-goal-classic-at-Goodison.html

Even with the game won, however, Jose Mourinho did not take him off. The Chelsea manager appreciates what he is dealing with and is already trying to set the agenda. Rather than being the instigator of the mayhem, Costa is the casualty.

“Imagine the millions watching around the world and, because Everton players are chasing him to get cards, I take him off,” Mourinho said. “I don’t think that is fair. I don’t think this is what the people want. I don’t think this is what the Premier League wants.”

Mourinho went further, claiming that Costa – despite already ­becoming the league’s leading scorer as well as the first Chelsea player to register a goal in each of his first three games for the club since Adrian Mutu 11 years ago – is unlikely to receive any personal accolades for his achievements. “Chased, chased!” Mourinho exclaimed. “Normally he would be the player of the month but he has two yellow cards [the other coming against Burnley]. So he won’t get it.”

He has instantly become my favourite player. Didn't take long.

I love the fact he is no nonsense, and just goes out and gets it done, while being himself and not caring what others think on top of that. A lot are waiting on him to go crazy and snap or whatever, but I think he gets it enough to know how far he can and can't go. I think he knows EPL isn't La Liga, and certain things that fly over there won't go over here.

Hoping he keeps this scoring up. Phenomenal player.

I think now that Suarez is gone the media is desperately looking for a new 'enemy number one' of the PL and because of Costa's temperament they are blatantly forcing it to be him. He started nothing yesterday and he only gave it back as much as he was given, yet he was painted as the villain. As you said, it is so pathetic when the commentators, opposition managers and even the referees get caught up in the narrative that is being forced on Costa. It's "Costa should calm down" instead of "Coleman should stop acting like a bellend" and Coleman as the victim etc. Pathetic pretty much sums it up, but I think it will only motivate Costa even more.

Wouldn't happen had Costa been British. Coleman is painted as the 'honest lad' while Naismith was described as an " honest blood and nettles" (or something) footballer by Peter Drury (hate him) on commentary. It went something like "Well you can have your multi million pound strikers like Costa but Steven Naismith, an honest blood and nettles free transfer from Glasgow can also do the job"

Thankfuly there is also Balotelli who will sure at one point do sth stupid...he is in lpool though, media might just forget anything he does from now on...

English media will never forget about him. Soon after he do something stupid, he will get a proper treatment.

I still can't believe we got this player for 32mil!! He's clearly a 60-70mill pound player!

Bargain of the transfer window by far

Slowly becoming one of most liked players. His energy and commitment is fucking invaluable.