Diego Costa

Spike

Now that Falcao will play in the PL, Costa vs Falcao comparisons will be inevitable, considering that Costa played second fiddle to Falcao at Altletico. Some of my mates (United fans) already use this as a "proof" that Falcao would do even better than Costa. Major logic fail.

Hope Diego outscores him.

Now that Falcao will play in the PL, Costa vs Falcao comparisons will be inevitable, considering that Costa played second fiddle to Falcao at Altletico. Some of my mates (United fans) already use this as a "proof" that Falcao would do even better than Costa. Major logic fail.

Hope Diego outscores him.

I think Falcao may have been the better goalscorer. But he is coming off a lengthy ACL injury so who knows? Essien was never the same after his.

Personally I feel that Costa is someone who improves the team as a whole, kind of like Mandzukic at Bayern. Gomez was the better goalscorer imo but it was with Mandzukic that they were a real powerhouse. Similarly, Falcao was great winning the EL and Copa Del Rey, but it was with Costa that Atletico managed to break the duopoly and win La Liga almost the CL.

Still, I do hope that even if Falcao scores loads, I hope that MU won't get a CL spot so that they have some financial problems to contend with. As it stands MU have insane money to spend with their brand name and sponsorship deals.

I think Falcao may have been the better goalscorer. But he is coming off a lengthy ACL injury so who knows? Essien was never the same after his.

Personally I feel that Costa is someone who improves the team as a whole, kind of like Mandzukic at Bayern. Gomez was the better goalscorer imo but it was with Mandzukic that they were a real powerhouse. Similarly, Falcao was great winning the EL and Copa Del Rey, but it was with Costa that Atletico managed to break the duopoly and win La Liga almost the CL.

Still, I do hope that even if Falcao scores loads, I hope that MU won't get a CL spot so that they have some financial problems to contend with. As it stands MU have insane money to spend with their brand name and sponsorship deals.

And Costa didn't even manage to play the final match against Real because of injuries. Not saying Atletico would definitely have pulled a win if he had played... but who knows? A single goal in the right timing can completely swing morale.

£28m Lukaku - "I'm a complete striker"

Lol'd.

Side note - did anyone watch the MOTD highlights? He was screaming at players to press and he was so angry when they didn't. My god, I think this guy could swing and plant one on my nan's chin and I wouldn't care.

Yes, many United fans saying 'he was backup to Falcao' like that proves Falcao is the much superior striker.. in my mind it's just petty, both are fantastic world class strikers and it's great to have them in the PL.

I've been reading up on Costa and his rise over the past few years has been incredible, three years ago he was almost sold to Besiktas but it fell through due to his knee injury. He was loaned out, played out of position, but he kept on fighting and never gave up.

I just love Diego Costa and such type of players. Always provoking, trying to jangle the nerves of the opposition, insulting and showing no fear. I love it! Those are the players you hate in opposing teams but love when they are in your team.

They win you matches and push the team to a new level.

Having grown up in a socially weaker quarter and learning the ropes by fighting and struggling, I can really identify with him and his behaviour on the pitch. I just love Diego Costa!

Yes, many United fans saying 'he was backup to Falcao' like that proves Falcao is the much superior striker.. in my mind it's just petty, both are fantastic world class strikers and it's great to have them in the PL.

I've been reading up on Costa and his rise over the past few years has been incredible, three years ago he was almost sold to Besiktas but it fell through due to his knee injury. He was loaned out, played out of position, but he kept on fighting and never gave up.

Probably falcao is a better finisher but who cares, so far Costa has been absolutely fantastic.

His movement, his pressing (he always sprint to press defender) and his defensive awareness (I saw him run to cover azpi when azpi was out of position, absolutely brilliant)

Probably falcao is a better finisher but who cares, so far Costa has been absolutely fantastic.

His movement, his pressing (he always sprint to press defender) and his defensive awareness (I saw him run to cover azpi when azpi was out of position, absolutely brilliant)

Not so sure about his finishing being better. He's definitely better in the air though.

I'd always take Costa RIGHT NOW though.

Not so sure about his finishing being better. He's definitely better in the air though.

I'd always take Costa RIGHT NOW though.

true, I don't think costa is good in the air. Falcao on the other hand was/is (haven't watch him for a while) a beast in the air for a short player