Diego Costa

Spike

Seeing that he's hit the ground running and has clicked with Fab, I think at least 25 goals this season from all comps with no pens(unless on a hat trick).

I have to admit I wasn't expecting him to come in and instantly be a success. He's surprised me with his speed and how well he reads the game. Its been a while since we've had a leader at the top end of the pitch, Diego is authoritative is a real presence up top, the type of striker that can lead a team.

Drogba is my fave athlete of all time, not just because of his contributions on the pitch but also off of it. Having seen what Diego Costa can do up front I might be inclined to say he's probably more clinical than Didier and also has better technique. He looks like a complete striker, not in the way Drogba was since he isn't near as good in the air, but his technique and finishing is without a doubt world class.

If he is what I think he is, I have a feeling this season we're gonna win a few titles. Want to see him in a big game though, seems like he has the winners mentality that was missing from our key players last year. He makes everything work because his temperament is that of a winner's, that's my initial assessment anyway.

Seeing that he's hit the ground running and has clicked with Fab, I think at least 25 goals this season from all comps with no pens(unless on a hat trick).

I have to admit I wasn't expecting him to come in and instantly be a success. He's surprised me with his speed and how well he reads the game. Its been a while since we've had a leader at the top end of the pitch, Diego is authoritative is a real presence up top, the type of striker that can lead a team.

Drogba is my fave athlete of all time, not just because of his contributions on the pitch but also off of it. Having seen what Diego Costa can do up front I might be inclined to say he's probably more clinical than Didier and also has better technique. He looks like a complete striker, not in the way Drogba was since he isn't near as good in the air, but his technique and finishing is without a doubt world class.

If he is what I think he is, I have a feeling this season we're gonna win a few titles. Want to see him in a big game though, seems like he has the winners mentality that was missing from our key players last year. He makes everything work because his temperament is that of a winner's, that's my initial assessment anyway.

Nah, Droga was still class of his own..Costa isnt as powerful in air, neither has good long shot. Costa is world class infront of goal, but I havent seen him score outside penalty area...that said he often makes low shots, few times he atempts powerful shot or curved shot in top corner for example.

Also Drogba in prime was almost unstopable, while I have seen Costa being moved from ball by quite few defenders...still very strong though.

Nah, Droga was still class of his own..Costa isnt as powerful in air, neither has good long shot. Costa is world class infront of goal, but I havent seen him score outside penalty area...that said he often makes low shots, few times he atempts powerful shot or curved shot in top corner for example.

Also Drogba in prime was almost unstopable, while I have seen Costa being moved from ball by quite few defenders...still very strong though.

All of that is true but I do think Costa has better technique than Drogba in general (not to say Drogba's technique was bad obviously!). Also seems a bit more explosive than Didier.

If Costa has a similar career to King DD though, happy times ahead.

I think you're missing what I'm saying. They are both class but I think costa has the edge when it comes to technique and possibly is a bit more clinical. You don't have to remind me about didier, like I said he's my favourite athlete of all time, costa just looks like he may have that little bit more in terms of technical ability and finishing off chances.

All of that is true but I do think Costa has better technique than Drogba in general (not to say Drogba's technique was bad obviously!). Also seems a bit more explosive than Didier.

If Costa has a similar career to King DD though, happy times ahead.

Perhaps dribbling, but I think Drogba had by far one of best first touches a striker can have. He recieved the ball from distance, side, from back, air etc and he controlled it with such ease, meanwhile thrown two defenders out of game and then took powerful shot or a backheel pass to open player...

Perhaps dribbling, but I think Drogba had by far one of best first touches a striker can have. He recieved the ball from distance, side, from back, air etc and he controlled it with such ease, meanwhile thrown two defenders out of game and then took powerful shot or a backheel pass to open player...

Drogba's touch was on and off for me. Sometimes it would be so exquisite you'd be thinking, 'how does a big man like that pull that off?', Zlatan-esque. Other times it was very poor. I agree in his prime that he was probably one of if not the best complete CF in the world but I can also see Costa reaching that level. If he does then we'll be able to compare.

Drogba's touch was on and off for me. Sometimes it would be so exquisite you'd be thinking, 'how does a big man like that pull that off?', Zlatan-esque. Other times it was very poor. I agree in his prime that he was probably one of if not the best CF in the world but I can also see Costa reaching that level. If he does then we'll be able to compare.

I've been meaning to ask this, is PRIME Drogba the most complete striker you've ever seen? If not, who?

I've been meaning to ask this, is PRIME Drogba the most complete striker you've ever seen? If not, who?

Possibly. Mainly due to his impeccable ability in the air. Minus aerial ability I'd say Henry though, maybe Ronaldo 9 too but aerial ability is important in determining a complete striker so yeah. King DD all the way. IMO he never truly gets the recognition he truly deserves.

Possibly. Mainly due to his impeccable ability in the air. Minus aerial ability I'd say Henry though, maybe Ronaldo 9 too but aerial ability is important in determining a complete striker so yeah. King DD all the way. IMO he never truly gets the recognition he truly deserves.

Yea, the aerial ability sets him apart. Absolute beast in the air, I was reading somewhere and they said he was the most complete striker and I was wondering if many people felt that way. I always assumed it was Ronaldo.

Yea, the aerial ability sets him apart. Absolute beast in the air, I was reading somewhere and they said he was the most complete striker and I was wondering if many people felt that way. I always assumed it was Ronaldo.

I don't like Ronaldo because of biased personal reasons, but he's still the best CF I've ever seen playing and by a large distance (not that you asked me, but I wanted to share my opinion).

That man before his first serious knee injury was a level above any other striker I've watched since I started following football - Drogba included.

edit: maybe the difference is being the most completed and the best, I think Ronaldo is the best, never stopped to think if he was the most complete though because when you're as good as he is, and have so many tools, it doesn't matter if you have one weakness - like for example, aerial duel - which Ronaldo never had in the first place, although he wasn't exceptional on that. Not being exceptional in aerial ability didn't make him a lesser striker and he was still better than all the rest imo. So maybe the right question is: how much does being a complete player is important? I don't give a shit if Costa never scores a header for us, as long as he does everything he already does - especially something so basic as aerial ability. Any player in any position could be a good header and help the team in set-pieces and depending on his position (for example, being an AM) even in normal play.

Half of Costa goals in the league came from crosses and he didn't use his head to net them in... so I don't care about him being bad aerially. Then you go back to the style of the country/league. England is the one place where crosses were everything about the attack - normal play or set-piece - so I understand people having a different perception and giving more importance for a good header. In Brazil, our style was about something else - jogo bonito :P - and heading balls in the net while a weapon was never something that important here...

I don't like Ronaldo because of biased personal reasons, but he's still the best CF I've ever seen playing and by a large distance (not that you asked me, but I wanted to share my opinion).

That man before his first serious knee injury was a level above any other striker I've watched since I started following football - Drogba included.

Lol I would like to know several peoples opinions on it.

I didn't see a whole lot of Ronaldo, I only started watching football regularly around 12 or so, but was he better in the air than Drogba? I think DD is so impressive cause of his size, that at least has some to do with it.