The Board

First time I come here since a long time just to say that THIS IS SOME FUCKING GREAT NEWS, glad he's gone, yesterday on camera he seemed happy with the win, maybe he was happy to leave on a victory over Mourinho, nonetheless, absolutely buzzing for his departure

I'm with @Leif on this, that a fresh approach/mindset was probably needed at Chelsea. 

All of the talk about Emenalo's first true vision of the club, which I liked and praised him for, was back in 2012/2013. And since then, he's done ok to accommodate the fact that Jose Mourinho/Roman Abramovich sacrificed that vision for pragmatic success. Hell, Emenalo even offered to resign during JM's 2nd tenure because he knew/saw JM and him weren't a match made in heaven. 

But ever since Jose Mourinho left, I fail to see any clear vision that Emenalo had for CFC moving forward. And this past summer highlighted that 100%, with our poor player recruitment. All we did was balance the books this summer, with like-for-like-replacements. Marking the 2nd time this club failed to double-down on previous PL Title success in the ensuing summer transfer window. Twice, in 4 years. 

We didn't target/sign players that were going to carry CFC into the elite status or see the widespread promotion of CFC youth talents. (Christensen is obvs the only one.) Every other youth kid either: was sold, put on loan, or stuck in the reserves.) The Youth System (that Emenalo has done fantastic work with, and cannot be argued) has never been given the opprotunities to carry that success on the "big-stage". Over At Monaco, Emenalo will get the chance to live out that footballing dream and sign as many talented youth products that will be trusted and backed by the first-team mager.

I think CFC could benefit from having a DoF with a different footballing vision, maybe a vision that excels in a pragmatic setup and targets players with different attributes/profiles.  

Just another day, supporting this drama-filled club. 

Left on his terms like a real man. Even down to the end he kept his dignity and never once embarrassed the club.

And who can blame him for leaving? Four years of working with clowns like Mourinho and Conte would drive anybody crazy. Kudos to him for lasting this long.

He deserves so much better and I'm sure he will be a success wherever he goes.

Thank you, thank you and thank you.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

It takes incredible skill to be a scout. It's a lot more than what we're capable of, which is picking young players who'll be great one day. Anyone can do that. But there's so many more nuances to making sure a player is the right fit for your team, your brand, your manager, your fans considering the type of play they expect. No way was he both a DoF & scout.

just buy the newest football manager and youre halfway trough on being a great scout

4 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

YO! This is major fucking news. Hollywood FC we outchea, What the fuck is happening behind the scenes at Chelsea? Did Roman actually back a manager over his stooges? What was the tipping point? 

Chelsea Twitter is a madness right now. 

Thoughts @Styles ???

I am sad to see him go because he was great at his job and he was one of the very few normal people left at the club.

But being forced to work with one idiotic manager after another and being abused by a large number of brain-dead 'fans' must have taken its toll. So on that note I'm glad he left and I'm sure his work will be appreciated elsewhere.

HOW DIFFICULT A DECISION WAS IT FOR YOU TO TAKE?

After 10 years here, 10 wonderful, successful years, but very demanding years, it is a very tough decision to decide to step aside. It is entirely my decision and it has come about for very simple reasons. I need an opportunity to get to see my young kids grow and also to step back and reflect on the work that I have done here and the things that we have been able to accomplish together in this great club.   

Director Marina Granovskaia said: ‘We are extremely grateful to Michael for his tireless work over the past 10 years. He has played an important role during the most successful period in the club’s history, helping make Chelsea the club it is today. We will now be reviewing our management structure, and Michael will be a part of that process as we look ahead.’

14 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Director Marina Granovskaia said: ‘We are extremely grateful to Michael for his tireless work over the past 10 years. He has played an important role during the most successful period in the club’s history, helping make Chelsea the club it is today. We will now be reviewing our management structure, and Michael will be a part of that process as we look ahead.’

'Michael will be a part of that process'

Tears of joy in my eyes.

I'm not sure that CFC's lack of vision for the club will be remedied by changing out the DoF. If the new guy has Roman's ear at all times and communicates very well, then maybe there's a chance but WHO at the club would he communicate his vision to other than Roman?  Who among the board really knows football?

2 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Should we have a good reason to believe that this stuff is true? Admittedly, we signed some very good young talent while Emenalo was a work. What happened to it all without real vision at the club though? Maybe myself and others are entirely wrong about Emenalo and the problems at Chelsea are entirely due to others at the club --and the owner.

Where does this story go from here? I hope Granovskaia is gone soon. What about the rest of the board?

Certainly feels like Chelsea have been a club with no coherent vision for much longer than most Chelsea fans are willing to admit.