The Board

Interesting words from Mr Townsend. Incidentally has he replaced Christian Purslow or are they working alongside each other? Iirc if CP left as MD or not. 

Regardless the narrative is interesting. He alludes to the fact we have half the sponsorship quantity that City and United do so for sure I imagine we'll be increasing our income via those. And in fairness terminating Adidas' deal in favour of Nike early was proactive asf. Even though our books will show a loss due to the compensation owed by early termination, the £900m total will be undeniable. 

What I found funny is they also imply that's more money for transfers. Well I hate to tell you buddy, but regardless I think Chelsea's in a new era of spending. Whether that's due to that £500m stadium we're building or genuine pricing out, it's hearsay until now. 

The board made a series of outstanding signings in the beginning of the decade when they signed De Bruyne, Courtois and Azpilicueta among others for peanuts. In the new era signing players promising players like De Bruyne for cheap is financially more important than ever so let's hope the board will recover their form from earlier years and the scouts stay at the top of their game. Also, considering the premium on English players, they should really focus on finding the best local talents. How the hell did Tottenham get Alli for £5 million two and half years ago? The kid is worth nearly £150 million today. That also shows how detached these valuations are from the real world where inflation isn't that great. Spurs could nearly finance their new stadium just by selling Kane and Alli!

• 2 weeks later...

During the summer, I was predicting that things like this disaster against Palace could happen, and being average in league, but wasn't sure, cause in football everything is possible. But, most of the time - team with better players win. And there is no "passion", "team spirit", "winning mentality" that could mask that, mask so many deficiencies that we've been carrying around for all those years. We are 9 points off top, with United and Liverpool still to play against. Hate being right in this kind of situations.

We've won two league titles, but this squad is not good enough to be the best, regardless of the titles. By the best I mean - team you know can win against really great opposition. And I'm not even thinking there about Real Madrid, PSG, in form Bayern or I don't know. Just any top team.

Our board is bunch of guys with very very shallow football understanding. Ok, maybe they wanted some better players to be brought in, as they tried to bring A.Sandro, but no way in hell they were aware that we are in need of SO MUCH quality to be brought. Wins doesn't always represent correctly quality of one team.

Most of our fans think in the same way too, unfortunately, and it's funny actually watching some of guys wondering what the hell happened and what went wrong with THAT last year great champions team.

Delusions all around.

On 10/15/2017 at 0:32 PM, 11Drogba said:

They need to bring a striker that Conte wants in January. Otherwise I fear we mighy end up out of top four.

That is a correct statement. We don't have enough goals throughout this squad when you put Morata aside; actually, it's a lack of natural goalscorers, or whatever you call it.

Just one of a number of deficiencies with this CFC squad.

I don't think we'll make top four; that will require another club truly fucking up their own season or having injuries that give Chelsea a chance to slip into the top four.

95M £ wasted for  bakayoko, zappacosta and Batman in 2 years and also we have to see drinkwater ( 35M£) all this because our board  is made up of incompetent who really understanding nothing of football.

Then we neither sell players when is the right moment.

Yes. This club is genuinely pathetic compared to its peers, but we'd be pathetic if we left, so, lovely, we're fucked.

Imagine being the only top club without a renowned technical director who consistently signs players who fit what's already there. They all have it. Both Madrid teams, both Manchester teams, both Arsenal and Tottenham, both even Roma now and Sevilla still (Monchi effect.)

Other clubs lose managers but, when they do, they at least still have the very best football men still around throughout it all. Thinking about how much passion is on the boards of Juventus and Barcelona are sobering.

• 3 weeks later...

FUCKING ECSTACY YESSSSS

IT DOESNT MATTER WHO IS RIGHT OR WHO IS WRONG

WHAT MATTERS IS WE NO LONGER NEED TO ARGUE. THE COMING SEASON WILL TEACH US WHAT WE DIDN'T KNOW AND JUST SPECULATED ON.

I AM FUCKING HIGH OVER THIS, I CANNOT BELIEVE 

No coincidence that Conte ignored him after our win. Maybe Roman grew some balls and realised, he really was a problem, for every manager.

Can anyone picture any of our ex-coaches having anything positive to say about him?

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The whole hatred of him was truly bizarre, all because he replaced Ray Wilkins as assistant manager.

None of us give a shit that Wilkins isn't here. What's bizarre is not understanding where the negative, valid energy came from.