The Board

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, Unionjack said:

Another interesting read

Chelsea’s Billion Pound Goal – Distorted Significance

Interesting -so Jesper still supplied the cross. But it was Marcel who scored the important goal. What did Big Ron call him ''lazy fucking n***er''. Eat shit Ron.

I watched that game in an Aussie bar and it all kicked off with Liverpool inside, chairs and glasses flying. Mental.

7 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Interesting -so Jesper still supplied the cross. But it was Marcel who scored the important goal. What did Big Ron call him ''lazy fucking n***er''. Eat shit Ron.

I watched that game in an Aussie bar and it all kicked off with Liverpool inside, chairs and glasses flying. Mental.

Actually had a fight with some Blues lot that day. Met these 3 Dipper birds day before walking down Kings road and got chatting. They were down for weekend so I said I'd take them round the bars with some mates and my Mrs that night. So showed them the scenes and got them wasted and crashed round mine the night. Took them out for lunch and they came with us walking to ground all having some normal banter till these drunk twats started grabbing them. Can't have that so we went honey badger on them. Thing that pissed me off is OB hit ME with his stick breaking my thumb the git lol Was in plaster for weeks (didnt go to hospital till monday tho - couldnt miss the game) Lost the girls in the chaos.

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Actually had a fight with some Blues lot that day. Met these 3 Dipper birds day before walking down Kings road and got chatting. They were down for weekend so I said I'd take them round the bars with some mates and my Mrs that night. So showed them the scenes and got them wasted and crashed round mine the night. Took them out for lunch and they came with us walking to ground all having some normal banter till these drunk twats started grabbing them. Can't have that so we went honey badger on them. Thing that pissed me off is OB hit ME with his stick breaking my thumb the git lol Was in plaster for weeks (didnt go to hospital till monday tho - couldnt miss the game) Lost the girls in the chaos.

Its strange,  it all seemed very tense around that time, it's as if we knew the club was at a watershed moment, on the brink of the big time,  and Liverpool had a lot at stake as well

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Its strange,  it all seemed very tense around that time, it's as if we knew the club was at a watershed moment, on the brink of the big time,  and Liverpool had a lot at stake as well

Time of Manure and Gooners with Dippers hovering and we were begining to chase and get 'Chelsea' players and noticed hence Roman. Would love to have had some of our old players from early 2000s in the modern game even tho it wasn't too long ago.

We're no longer an A-List Club.

It's not even as if we're not at the top table anymore - because we still are. We are just about still an elite European club (but that is largely down to the fact that the state of European football in general is far weaker now than it was even 4 or 5 years ago).

However, whilst everybody else at the top table shows at Marks and Spencers or Waitrose, we're not even window shopping at Asda. We're walking down the aisles at Lidl, looking at the likes of Andy Carroll to somehow save our season. 

I have no expectation for Antonio Conte to be here next year, because he has absolutely no say on matters. We might as well not even bother having a manager - I wouldn't be surprised to see the return of another yes man, such as Avram Grant. 

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Sounds like he's a very good businessman 

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

- Manager sacked
- New manager brings success
- New manager doesn't get the targets he wants
- Bad results
- New manager sacked
- Repeat

Yet you are the one who posted a long ass comment in the Conte thread slagging him off and comparing him with Avram Grant.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:41 AM, Unionjack said:

Found this an interesting read. Didn't know just where to post it but thought as it would be down to the Board/Roman to implement it ...........

The Roman Empire 2.0
Concept Football

http://plainsofalmeria.co.uk/2018/01/08/the-roman-era-2-0-concept-football/

Good read.  Made better by the fact that it encapsulates everything we've been saying for the past couple of days, not to mention the past few years.

Nice find.

13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So who is our 'Head of Recruitment'? Is it our missing Sporting Director (whom there was a report saying Roman had stepped up to do it temp) Or would it be Scott McLachlan - Head of international scouting,

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/24/chelsea-appoint-temporary-replacement-michael-emenalo-7183104/

So it seems the heads of recruitment are (temporarily) Scott and Marina.

15 minutes ago, manpe said:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/24/chelsea-appoint-temporary-replacement-michael-emenalo-7183104/

So it seems the heads of recruitment are (temporarily) Scott and Marina.

Emenalo was also credited with acting as peace maker between Antonio Conte and the club’s board, with the Italian clashing with the board over targets, and McLachlan will presumably need to placate Conte in much the same way.

You can only imagine just how pissed off and frustrated Conte gets. Unless f course they have given him the real reason the signings won't happen?I'm afraid I wouldn't last a minute. I will be sorry when he tells the lot of them to fuck off.