The Board

46 minutes ago, Georgy said:

How greedy is Marina, she fuckes up each summer deals but doesn't even have the dignity to resign. 

Why would she? She's recently overseen the Nike deal with the club and is the head negotiator. I don't think she's done anything wrong at the moment. The reason we are not paying 100m for players is because Roman isn't spending like he used to, not because of Marina's negotiating. 

I don't get the negativity towards him. I think he did very well bringing in players like Courtois, KdB, Morata and Kante. The Papy and Hector deals don't really matter since they haven't stunted our growth as a club at all!

Hopefully we get someone who can do as well as he did, preferably even better!

Also. Many of you won't remember, but he actually convinced Neymar to come to Chelsea when he was at Santos. Santos president had to do everything he could to convince him to stay.

28 minutes ago, It's too big said:

He's working for Inter now, so not him. I do wonder whether Antonio will have a say in who comes in. 

What about Marc Overmars For the post? He's doing a decent job at Ajax with a low budget

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Nothing is as crazy as these repeated posts in multiple places that Emenalo 'discovered' Hazard, the most hyped player at the time, that he discovered De Bruyne, who was literally, straight up, no other words to say it, 'discovered' by Piet de Visser, as well as Courtois. I don't know who 'discovered' Lukaku, the hottest thing perhaps in Belgian League history at the time, but I'd presume Piet de Visser knew of those exploits before Emenalo, considering he's the one who's been knee-deep in Belgium for 10 years. He found Musonda too. So stop this lie, and stop robbing a genuine man of credit.

Erase Piet de Visser's incredible Belgian work, and the 'discoveries' we've made amount to Oscar. 

Edit: And Miazga, Papy, Kenedy, Piazon....:lol:No manager of ours signed van Ginkel, either. I really wanted van Ginkel, but what was i, 15 years old or something? I knew nothing. He should have. He didn't.

Oh and Marko Marin :lol::lol:I wonder if he 'found' Azpilicueta though, because we were going through a shaky period then, so surely he was in charge of transfers. If he chose him, for whatever reason, some credit goes to him.

You're acting like De Visser is a some sort of uber-genius who never make mistakes. You are laughing at us signing them, but players like Piazon and Nathan were De Visser' proteges. Chelsea signed them by his advice.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Yeah true, we need to get people like what Roma got. 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Walter Sabatini?? 

I think you mean Monchi. He worked for Sevilla before and is now at Roma.

One of best in recent years. Shame we missed him, he just moved to Roma in summer.

4 minutes ago, Kajo said:

Emenalo was director of football not a scout. So I doubt he was responsible for scouting players.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It takes incredible skill to be a scout. It's a lot more than what we're capable of, which is picking young players who'll be great one day. Anyone can do that. But there's so many more nuances to making sure a player is the right fit for your team, your brand, your manager, your fans considering the type of play they expect. No way was he both a DoF & scout.

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

NOW who are we going to blame for everything wrong at the club??! :P

Marina will face a lot of heat. She's been a logger-heads with Conte according to reports. Because he dislikes going through her to talk to Roman, abd obvs her failures to land priority targets. 

2 hours ago, It's too big said:

He's working for Inter now, so not him. I do wonder whether Antonio will have a say in who comes in. 

Absolutely not, I would assume. 

The club needs to prioritise Chelsea FC over Conte's wishes who will only be here for 1 year max, if that. 

11 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Absolutely not, I would assume. 

The club needs to prioritise Chelsea FC over Conte's wishes who will only be here for 1 year max, if that. 

The priority should be on making the manager's role easier and more desirable in this club regardless of whether Conte leaves in the near future or not. "We'll buy you players you don't want and will blame you when shit hits the fan"-approach passed its expiration date long time ago.