Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid

Jase

Man of the Match  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

wish we had pictures of Willian crying too. ESPN Brazil reporters were near our bench and commentated during the match that when he was subbed he started crying hard. Poor thing :(

He was definitely one of our best players tonight and deserves lots of credit for the goal. Sky Sports showed him drying his eyes when he was being subbed. Were those images not broadcast there? I guess you can see it if you check out the Sky Sports' showing of the match (full match will be on livefootballvideo.com).

It was hard .. really hard watching the CL dream fade away ..

However, I've no complains .. we played .. we were present .. we did our best even at man marking except for a couple of moments there and it happens to the best (( ask Bayern )) .. and I'm absolutely PROUD of us ..

the better team won .. Atletico were great today and not with the help of a ref or a lack of effort by us ..

that's just football I think .. tbh i didn't think we'll make the semi finals at the start of the season .. but here we are .. ONE OF EUROPE'S BEST 4 with a team for the future .. and that puts a smile on my face

Thank you Chelsea .. yet another good match to watch .. and all the luck for Atletico

TOP CLASS POST ... tho I want Carlo to win

On sky they mentioned that in 6 matches (home and away) in the SF Mourinho's Chelsea have only scored 2 goals, as someone said earlier, he may have to be a bit more adventurous next time. It's understandable why we were so defensive in the 1st leg, as he said before we're a team that has to focus on clean sheets because we don't have any prolific scorers.

Indeed.

2004/05

Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea

2006/07

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool

Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea

2013/14

Atletico Madrid 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1sbwpp_chelsea-1-3-atletico-madrid-goal-arda-turan-30-04-2014_sport

People who blame Hazard really should take a close look at that 3rd goal!!

• JT & Cahill are marking each other.... How romantic!!l!
  • Great to see who easily Arda Turan comes in the back of Ivanovic & Ramires
  • WTF would you expect a player that caries our attack... to save in our own penalty box => we had 6(!!) defenders on the pitch!!!!!

Damn this hurts. But we are out because of a better team, no doubt. Congratulations to Atletico, they wanted it more and fully deserve their place in Portugal. I am definitely rooting for them.

We just seem that we can't get to the final with Jose, simply can't.

He was definitely one of our best players tonight and deserves lots of credit for the goal. Sky Sports showed him drying his eyes when he was being subbed. Were those images not broadcast there? I guess you can see it if you check out the Sky Sports' showing of the match (full match will be on livefootballvideo.com).

they reported him crying in the the bench, but I saw him wiping his tears when coming out, thanks.

He's been showing so much soul and passion for us, always giving his 110%. I'm very proud and happy about having him.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1sbwpp_chelsea-1-3-atletico-madrid-goal-arda-turan-30-04-2014_sport

People who blame Hazard really should take a close look at that 3rd goal!!

• JT & Cahill are marking each other.... How romantic!!l!
  • Great to see who easily Arda Turan comes in the back of Ivanovic & Ramires
  • WTF would you expect a player that caries our attack... to save in our own penalty box => we had 6(!!) defenders on the pitch!!!!!

we had 4 defenders and 1 guy playing as a DM when the 3rd goal happened.

so the fact the hazard absolutely lost his man who actually caused all the ruckus is well,,, not his fault. there is a bloody reason why u dont let people run behind your defence cos that will always cause problems and panic. both the goals happened that way. both the goals had a major fault of hazard in them.

in the pool match, there was only one moment when pool got behid our defence. 1 bloody moment inside the box when sterling made that run and got to the by-line. that should have been our level of commitment.

when you have a player like Hazard ,,, His job is to attack ,, that leaves 10 others to defend .. IF we get a striker ,, it means we have to TWO to

attack and NINE to defend .. god this Maths is hard ,, next will be Venn Diagrams with some both attacking and defending ..

One thing this game highlighted is the importance of fullbacks that can actually attack. Two of their goals came through their RB, whilst many of our attacks broke down because of ours - Ivanovic gets so much of the ball whenever we have to break a team down, but he's completely useless with it and his decision making (trying to skill everyone up) is pretty poor too.

Fine lines decide outcomes, 2 headers - 1 hit the post and another straight at Courtois, whilst a strikers tackle gave them the initiative as José had to change his original plans.

It's disappointing that we decide to defend like that in the most important game of our season, we didn't do ourselves justice as we have and can play so much better than that but credit to AM who deserved it but also got the breaks at the right time.

This defeat will hurt the younger players and perhaps We lacked some experience tonight. Think José has to share some of the blame, Hazard didn't turn up and Dave infront of Cole was a gamble.

However we will come back stronger for it, we missed Matic unquestionably. It's not just offensively we need to improve as our midfield needs surgery, Matic being available and a 'Pirlo' type player will get this team playing.

Lots to look forward too next season.

Did we have an official we hate Arsenal thread? Their fans are driving me absolutely insane tonight. They think they have the right to taunt us?! The balls they've imagined they've got smh.

They are like rape victims who got obsessed with their rapist. Mega cunts. They whine about not winning titles with their "beautiful football" but yet they have the nerve to diss teams that actually won something in the last 9 years just because those teams don't play like they do.

Did we have an official we hate Arsenal thread? Their fans are driving me absolutely insane tonight. They think they have the right to taunt us?! The balls they've imagined they've got smh.

how are u getting taunted by arsenal fans...