Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid

Jase

Man of the Match  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

What we have achieved this season with the resources we have is quite remarkable for me. As a fan I am very proud of what we have achieved and where we are as a club. Last night is one of those nights where you accept it but deep down inside know there will be more to come because it's what we do, we are winners and win things. Thought the atmosphere was great last night, they got behind the lads even when the game was lost.

Not angry, just very proud.

What we have achieved this season with the resources we have is quite remarkable for me. As a fan I am very proud of what we have achieved and where we are as a club. Last night is one of those nights where you accept it but deep down inside know there will be more to come because it's what we do, we are winners and win things. Thought the atmosphere was great last night, they got behind the lads even when the game was lost.

Not angry, just very proud.

Great post, mate. Spot on.

Luiz 70% pass accuracy, Ramires 79%.

I hope and pray that this is the last time we ever see these two as a midfield partnership.

And I hope we never have to see Luiz in midfield again, in any capacity. If Mourinho doesn't rate him as a defender then it's time to sell. We can't keep playing this guy in midfield.

Very proud to be a Chelsea fan. CL Winners in 2012, EL winners in 2013 and this year almost the final. Sure, the defeat of yesterday is painfull but come'on. Every guy i know here HATES my blue proud.. the only thing i have to say is: writing history and not living off it. I love this club, love the players and the atmosphere. Please, keep faith next year we will be stronger!

Luiz 70% pass accuracy, Ramires 79%.

I hope and pray that this is the last time we ever see these two as a midfield partnership.

And I hope we never have to see Luiz in midfield again, in any capacity. If Mourinho doesn't rate him as a defender then it's time to sell. We can't keep playing this guy in midfield.

Just a little comparision - Toni Kroos on Tuesday: 92% pass accuracy (142 attempted/130 completed). I know that was an "endless-passing-Bayern", but still... that is a midfielder.

Yesterday Ramires completed 29 (!) passes, Luiz 52 passes.

Just a little comparision - Toni Kroos on Tuesday: 92% pass accuracy (142 attempted/130 completed). I know that was an "endless-passing-Bayern", but still... that is a midfielder.

Yesterday Ramires completed 29 (!) passes, Luiz 52 passes.

And even the 'accurate' passes Ramires makes are anything but that; they're usually behind the player, under/over-hit etc. Just woeful really.

We will come back next year, STRONGER. We just screwed up this game but there is no reason to blame anyone, there is a reason to support. They lads have tried their best, we should support them and back them up! Come on CHELSEA! ONE LIFE ONE LOVE ONE CLUB!

One of the best teams to vist SW6 along with Shaktar, Barca ...and er....Sunderland

Atmosphere partucularly flat last night, too many fucking tourists apparently, most of which left early, probably to catch the start of the theatre :)

One of the best teams to vist SW6 along with Shaktar, Barca ...and er....Sunderland

Atmosphere partucularly flat last night, too many fucking tourists apparently, most of which left early, probably to catch the start of the theatre :)

They're the best team we've played in a long, long time. The way they managed and controlled the second half was superb, it was a clinic in game management. How many passes led up to the third goal? They sprayed the ball about for fun and then hit us when our guard was down. That's exactly the kind of football I want to see us play.

It was obvious the left flank was too exposed... we all know hazard don't track back that much and Ramirez and David aren't the most diciplined guys in the squad .. both open play goals came from our left