Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid

Jase

Man of the Match  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I haven't watched many Atletico's matches this season - I barely watched Real Madrid's, let alone Atletico's, but based on those two matches, unless we want to excel in the cuntiness, I don't see all the fuzz about Diego Costa. Atletico played like a Premier League team most time imo, physical, trying to break in the counter and I must say he hasn't me impressed to the point of breaking the bank for him.

Maybe it's just those two matches he didn't play at his best (which is telling about a player his age), but if we bring him I'm not sure we'll fix our attack issue tbh.

At least Atletico are being graceful about it:

And Adrian (I think) said after the match that he really felt bad for us because we are a team he likes and he thought our fans were brilliant.

Also Juanfran consolidating JT at the end was nice to see.

I'm definitely rooting for Atletico in the final (even though I think Real will win it).

Class act those lot.

We have lost two CLs rather unfairly, to MU, the Orebro affair and I 'm not sure about the semi against Monaco back in 00s. This one not, imho, as we needed two survival acts, three counting the one we accomplished at Vicente Calderon last week.

We have lost the premiership in stupid fashion, that's for sure.

Where do we go from here ?

"We therefore need money, my fellow Athenians".

My player of years past was not really Didier Drogba. It was Michael Essien and then Didier. Those are the types of players we 'd like to see I believe.

I haven't watched many Atletico's matches this season - I barely watched Real Madrid's, let alone Atletico's, but based on those two matches, unless we want to excel in the cuntiness, I don't see all the fuzz about Diego Costa. Atletico played like a Premier League team most time imo, physical, trying to break in the counter and I must say he hasn't me impressed to the point of breaking the bank for him.

Maybe it's just those two matches he didn't play at his best (which is telling about a player his age), but if we bring him I'm not sure we'll fix our attack issue tbh.

We need a lot more than just a striker to fix our attacking issues though. Of course a striker would paper over the cracks but the underlying problem that we faced this season would still be there.

At least Atletico are being graceful about it:

And Adrian (I think) said after the match that he really felt bad for us because we are a team he likes and he thought our fans were brilliant.

Also Juanfran consolidating JT at the end was nice to see.

I'm definitely rooting for Atletico in the final (even though I think Real will win it).

That was Thiago, he was saying that as he used to play for us of-course.

We have lost two CLs rather unfairly, to MU, the Orebro affair and I 'm not sure about the semi against Monaco back in 00s. This one not, imho, as we needed two survival acts, three counting the one we accomplished at Vicente Calderon last week.

We have lost the premiership in stupid fashion, that's for sure.

Where do we go from here ?

"We therefore need money, my fellow Athenians".

My player of years past was not really Didier Drogba. It was Michael Essien and then Didier. Those are the types of players we 'd like to see I believe.

Ballack

It wasn't meant to be.To be fair the better team won today.Of course they had their share of luck,but they still dominated us in the second half.I think it was still a good CL-campaign.We will bounce back.

On sky they mentioned that in 6 matches (home and away) in the SF Mourinho's Chelsea have only scored 2 goals, as someone said earlier, he may have to be a bit more adventurous next time. It's understandable why we were so defensive in the 1st leg, as he said before we're a team that has to focus on clean sheets because we don't have any prolific scorers.

It was hard .. really hard watching the CL dream fade away ..

However, I've no complains .. we played .. we were present .. we did our best even at man marking except for a couple of moments there and it happens to the best (( ask Bayern )) .. and I'm absolutely PROUD of us ..

the better team won .. Atletico were great today and not with the help of a ref or a lack of effort by us ..

that's just football I think .. tbh i didn't think we'll make the semi finals at the start of the season .. but here we are .. ONE OF EUROPE'S BEST 4 with a team for the future .. and that puts a smile on my face

Thank you Chelsea .. yet another good match to watch .. and all the luck for Atletico