Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid

Jase

Man of the Match  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Atletico were somewhat lucky.

Contemplating on it, we escaped unhurt in Madrid and they did not look like scoring either, then our problem here was supposed to be the 0-0, then we actually do make it 1-0, then concede three !

I will never go along with the penalty decision as Jose did, out of sportsmanship.

They did however outplay us. The only team I ever remember who have outplayed us at the Bridge were Barcelona in the 2012 1-0 win.

My danger scenarios for yesterday were a lucky early Atletico goal or a lucky very late goal. None of those came true (because the scenarios we make in football never come true).

Oh chelsea I was having a nice birthday till then.

Just when I half give up you suck me back in. I didnt think we were were going to win then we got the first goal and I got sucked in, suddenly believing we would win the whole thing just to be heartbroken again I didn't take it well.

Such a shame with one decent striker we could have won the double of league and CL easily this year we ALMOST did it even with what we have. Ah well maybe next time.

It's just a such a hard fought season, we beat all the top sides and yet we are leaving with nothing.

Can't believe people are saying we were UNLUCKY! Take of your blue specks for 10 minutes and watch the highlights.....we were dog shit!!

Hazard wen't to sleep for the first goal......needless foul from eto'o for the second.

Ramires Can just get the dark out of the place! Worst player I have seen in the strip in years! Workhorse or not!

Disappointing night but never have been as proud to be a Chelsea fan. Fought till the very end, I just think they got two lucky breaks and controlled it from there. That being said, we couldn't get near them for most of the second half, they were outstanding.

We'll be back, with your striker and your keeper.

KTBFFH

Disappointing night but never have been as proud to be a Chelsea fan. Fought till the very end, I just think they got two lucky breaks and controlled it from there. That being said, we couldn't get near them for most of the second half, they were outstanding.

We'll be back, with your striker and your keeper.

KTBFFH

How very Blue tinted specks of you!

We were outplayed All over the park! those lucky breaks were horrendous defending! and Eto'o just being a complete cart horse!

Luck ...

Sometimes it's hard to define.

What about the shot they had early on that struck the crossbar, the underside of it as well ?

What about the Courtois save just before the pen ?

All in all Atletico were not lucky, but the penalty decision was a lucky moment and fairly decisive. It was not what they desperately needed to see it through, but it most certainly did kill any hopes we had.

And it was no penalty. If I gain possession and then bring you down with my body, since when is it a penalty ???

We gave it a shot, but we were simply not good enough. I don't buy the sentiment that the ref was awful, yes I believe the penalty was a little soft, but it can be given. I actually think the ref had a good game, compared to what else we've had this season.

Well done to the boys, the semi finals are not bad considering we're without Matic and it's the first season with José back. Let's bolster up this transfer, get rid of the deadwood and try again!

KTBFFH

I'm proud. I don't care what anyone says about cost of the lineup, Mou's line up/tactics, Hazard's defense, or criticism of Ivan, Rami, Luiz, etc. They played their hearts out, all of them. They wanted to win, they just couldn't do it, it's sports. They'll come back stronger and hungry. I'm so proud to be a Chelsea fan. Mourinho is a football genius, and we'll be back. KTBFFH

When you play like we do you can't afford any mistakes. It looks great when it comes off (Liverpool, City), but when you make 2 mistakes like we did for the first two goals everything pretty much goes to shit. No complaints. We weren't good enough/up for it on the night and they were.

(I also thought Hazard wasn't 100% and either shouldn't have played or at least should've been taken off first).

If we could of gotten to HT at 1-0 it was huge. I know saying that now is alright but it was that type of momentum breaker we needed and to get in and gather our thoughts. I do not pin blame on anyone for this, they deserved this as they came and did what they needed too.

We'll be back.

Reaching the semi final of the Champions league is a remarkable achievement in Jose's first season back at the club. We all wanted to advance through but thats what semi finals do to fans. We came close but I am not disappointed at all. We lost to a team which played much better than us.

Not many clubs can boast of beating us 3-1 at Stamford Bridge so well done Athletico Madrid.