John Stones

Sidzeret

:lol:

Ran out of patience already, eh?

you can say it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

but on the other hand, this is just getting silly. 40mil pounds for john stones, is downright ridiculous. even a 3-0 defeat to city cant make this seem fine. i am sorry, but this is stupid.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be shocked if he goes though the board may have their hands tied if a silly £45-£50m bid comes in.

I don't know why you guys get excited over what the papers say (especially shit like the Sun). The Daily Mail have been adamant all summer that James McCarthy was unhappy at Everton and off to Spurs. He signed a four year contract last week.

I'll be shocked if he goes though the board may have their hands tied if a silly £45-£50m bid comes in.

I don't know why you guys get excited over what the papers say (especially shit like the Sun). The Daily Mail have been adamant all summer that James McCarthy was unhappy at Everton and off to Spurs. He signed a four year contract last week.

Well then he was clearly unhappy about his wages and that has been fixed, so they were accurate... :P

Sign him up already, we clearly need a fresh backline, and another CM and Winger wouldn´t hurt us either, we are lacking in certain areas, we look clueless at the moment, how can we call ourselves defending champions ? is this what it has come to? wake the f*ck up because this is just ridiculous. Look, i really want things to get better and i hope they do very soon, i just want the team to shape up and react, cheers.

Sign him up already, we clearly need a fresh backline, and another CM and Winger wouldn´t hurt us either, we are lacking in certain areas, we look clueless at the moment, how can we call ourselves defending champions ? is this what it has come to? wake the f*ck up because this is just ridiculous. Look, i really want things to get better and i hope they do very soon, i just want the team to shape up and react, cheers.

We are all feeling the same way mate and while injections of fresh blood is ALWAYS necessary and needed (badly bu is right now) our problems lie much deeper than that.

Right now everyone knows what we are going to bring to the table. They know how we play and they know who we will play so they know what tactics to use to win.

Generally they know if they keep Eden out of the game (when he is awake) most of our creativity is gone. They know if they dont give Cescy time or space the rest of our creativits is buggered. They know if they attack our Bane/Cahill weakspot its their best chance to score.

We have become predictable. WE know what players will be selected in 99% of games and IMHO thats not good. The lads NEED to feel their place on the starting team is in jeopardy they need to WANT to play. I dont know if theyre minds and bodies are just knackered but wheres the passion?

Players respond in different ways. Some need their egos stroking, some need their heads patting and a hug, some need a size 13 boot up their arse.

Why we are all so frustrated and sad is if we can wee our problems without the footballing brains of our powers that be then why dont they see it and sort it? The only conclusions we can come up with (because we have active imaginations and its our best guess) is theres problems behind the scenes.

But IF theyre happy to offer £34 mill for Stones the problem surely cant be money.

Who knows? Im sure it will all come out in the wash. But it will probably get worse before it gets better so hold on it might get bumpy!

id go up to 65 mil(pounds yes pounds) for him

In their dreams... Because of our desperate situation, we should go 35 mil and seal the deal. If they don't sell for that price, they're crazy he won't ever be worth mentioning than that.

In normal situation I'd never in my wildest dreams consider paying so much money for a young defender. But we are not in the normal situation.

It's a calculated risk. If he plays for us for 10 years, like Luke Shaw will for Manchester United, it's a worthwhile investment. If we sign him, he shows no signs of improving and we dump he after 2-3 years, then it's money down the drain. It really can go either way with young English players because most of them have their heads up their own arses. Stones doesn't strike me as being that way. He seems quiet, unassuming, and dedicated to improving his game. I don't think I've ever even seen him do an interview. He has his feet on the ground and that's the type of kid we need; more players in the Zouma mould, rather than the Sterling one.

One decent season at Valencia and people suddenly think Otamendi is a good defender. :doh: He was an error prone player during his time at Porto.

Otamendi is class. Lack of worldwide exposure playing for Valencia but you'll see if he joins City (damn them).

Otamendi is class. Lack of worldwide exposure playing for Valencia but you'll see if he joins City (damn them).

There's no lack of La Liga football at my place. If he can back up his form at City, then fair enough. But until then, I'm not convinced he's a good defender like some have talked about, especially after seeing him play for Porto.

It's a calculated risk. If he plays for us for 10 years, like Luke Shaw will for Manchester United, it's a worthwhile investment. If we sign him, he shows no signs of improving and we dump he after 2-3 years, then it's money down the drain. It really can go either way with young English players because most of them have their heads up their own arses. Stones doesn't strike me as being that way. He seems quiet, unassuming, and dedicated to improving his game. I don't think I've ever even seen him do an interview. He has his feet on the ground and that's the type of kid we need; more players in the Zouma mould, rather than the Sterling one.

Indeed. United paid 30m+ for Ferdinand in 2002 and he went on to give them 10 good years of service, forming a solid partnership with Vidic and helping the club to win countless of trophies along the way.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You